Why is this faggot so overrated by Americans?

Why is this faggot so overrated by Americans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQaartthWME
youtu.be/dObTXYa-_n4
forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=113911
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

autist are prone to naziboo/wherboo shit for whatever reason

What's wrong with Napoleon the Great?

Because he wasn't on the Eastern Front.

>faggot

Take your fantasies elsewhere Monty.

Because he was their nemesis in Africa and was the only one to appreciate the Normandy beaches as a potential target of invasion.

youtube.com/watch?v=eQaartthWME

He's more of a British obsession, the Americans barely encountered him. As for why the British obsess over him? PR. He was their main opponent for 3 years in North Africa, where he repeatedly handed them terrible defeats with mostly Italian troops (which everyone likes to forget about) and kept their small pissant army (like, the British Army was objectively inferior to the Japanese army for the first half of the war) at bay for way longer than he should have despite having a major disadvantage in strategic position and numbers of men and equipment. The Brits overrated him as a rationalization for why they floundered so much.

There's absolutely no biased interpretation in this post whatsoever!

Maybe because he was an ABSOLUTE MADMAN.

>Gariboldi, who had ordered Rommel to stay in Mersa El Brega, was furious. Rommel was equally forceful in his response, telling Gariboldi: "One cannot permit unique opportunities to slip by for the sake of trifles."[113] At that point a signal arrived from General Franz Halder reminding Rommel that he was to halt in Mersa El Brega. Knowing Gariboldi could not speak German, Rommel told him the message gave him complete freedom of action. Gariboldi backed down.[114]

>starter pack meme

back 2 reddit you go

Its an extension of the clean wehrmacht myth. He isnt really tainted with massacres and resisted demands to deport Jews and execute POWs accused of being 'commandos'. Plus, the actions of his 7th Panzer division during the battle of France became legendary with him taking around 10,000 prisoners (i may be off im writing from memory) and he also performed quite well in North Africa considering his very limited forces. Thats why hes so highly liked and his partial opposition to hitler makes him certainly helps. But, his performance in France isnt so amazing since the French army virtually collapsed after the German breakthrough at Sedan and failed to react to the breakthrough. Guderian was more successful and ive no clue why Rommel is more well known than him

They need an excuse for their own general's mediocrity, the English especially, who considered this jumpy moody fucker and Von Rundstedt, an old man past his prime in 1940

>Manstein will never be recalled back into active duty and smash in some faces in Normandy.

>starter pack maymay
Back 2 R*ddit

>everything I don't like is Americans even though I don't know the opinion of all people living in America

Why do Yuros scapegoat America so much

>Muh good German

Because he didn't buy into Nazi politics, was civil towards POWs, hated the SS and operated under a "code of honour".

Except literally none of that is true, which returns us to OP's question

How is it not? I actually wanna learn. Throw info and sources at me.

Because he was the center of an Allied propaganda campaign which sincerely overhyped him.

You're literally a retard.

He released a book for his war strategies he successfully pulled off in World War 1. George Patton read his book and had respect for him.

youtu.be/dObTXYa-_n4

lmao I tried telling my friend about Guderian as opposed to Rommel whom he hero worships. His response was to compare wikipedia pages (he's not that dumb we were just having a go). Of course Rommel's was like 20 times as long as Guderian's which my friend attributed to him being better

(((They)) killed him for naming them as the parasites they are

Too close to home?

Manstein couldn't have done anything about the situation in france, the German airforce was effectively gone at that point and that meant the German ground forces were at the operational level effectively crippled.

Nah dude, it's just a shitty meme.

he isnt overrated
you memesters dont even know his ww1 actions or in detail operations of ww2
he was great on the tactical level which was his job

No, I just hate Reddit users

>his job is to command the north africa front
>consistently ignores logistical issues
such a good general, guys

Part of the Manstein legacy of Wehrmacht officers who did considerably less than prominent war criminals and people who exposed Montegomery's gross incompetence being severely overrated.

He was buds with Hitler and had no objections to the formation of Einsatzgruppen Egypt, for starters.

This combined with this Especially the clean wehrmacht myth. He was a pretty cool guy who espoused a warrior philosophy, so he was an enemy/nazi you could/can openly say you respected.

I direct you all to this voluminous discussion of the topic:

forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=113911

mostly this plus the fact that the krauts had to have someone to look up to also.

the Patton movie

Because we got our news from Britain and they kept feeding us lines about the skills of the guy to explain why North Africa was taking so fucking long to wrap up.

That shit should have been over before we even got there.

This too: