I'm about to come into $400,000

Hi Veeky Forums,

As suggested in the title I'm about to come into some cash.. How do you guys think I should wisely invest this? Keep in mind I'm more interested in playing it safe than being risky..

Some advice I've gotten so far is take out the longest mortgage possible, and look into Vanguard Index as well...

I was also told that the maket is in a pretty high place right now so it probably wouldn't be the smartest time to go into stocks...

The other thing I wanted to know was.. My brother is also going to be getting this same amount, so am I retarded or wouldn't it be the case that we could earn more money if we pooled our cash?

Also, should I put anything into gold/silver or is that just a meme? What about those gold pinged/backed credit cards?

Bitcoin? I have no idea how bitcoin works? Can I easily buy and sell Bitcoin?

You should put it all into BitBean

Do you have any successful family members? Ask them for serious advice.

Most of my family is successful.. They're also very evil and greedy. This money was in a Trust from my grandpa which my parents kept from us for 12 years after we were supposed to receive it(they also spent $400,000 from it to enrich themselves) So we're not really talking to them.

Sue them for breach of trust. Assuming you aren't full of shit.

physical assets are nice because as inflation happens their value rises, whereas your 100,000 in bits and bytes on a bank computer screen stays at 100,000 even when it would be worth 125,000

So the only reason we know about the trust more or less is because of the fact that theyre getting as divorce and this trust is involved.. And yah, we are going to. Dad said what he spent the money on was "for our own good" but he mostly just used it to give himself loans to his hotel.

what's your living standard now? pulling money together makes bigger returns yes and investing in stocks long term is always better than gold and houses even when you ignore the downturns you will make a bigger yield in over let's say 30 years

Is your family Jewish in anyway? It seems like they are. Just curious

What about a bitcoin mining rig? If I dropped like 10k on one how long until I was able to make that back ? I know electricity cost is an issue but let's just pretend electircity cost doesnt exist.. How long until I have at least the cost of buying the rig recouped? Does bigger setup mean I will get mo bitcoins mo faster, in a similar way that pooling the money with my brother seems like it would make more money?

we rent and are wagecucks(me and wife at least)

They might as well be based on the fact that theyre multi millionaires and keep dangling the carrot in front of us.. Im 30, brother is 28 with long term gf. They coulve easily taken a huge burden off our shoulders by setting us up with down payment on a home years ago.

>we rent and are wagecucks(me and wife at least)

is your wife willing to live a cover life with you? if not you can skip the whole black market thing and invest into stocks, wait 30 years, cash out, buy a mansion, if you need/want big money now you can't make big money with that, unless my first suggestion

mining strictly bitcoin with no electricity costs with one ASIC like the Antminer S9 you can earn $10-15 per day for a $1200 investment however the next batch doesn't ship until august 16th-21st so anything could happen to the value of bitcoin in that time.

We don't want "big" money.. I guess the most pressing question we have about the money right now is shouldn't my brother and I be able to make more money if we pooled than if we both went seperate?

Like I know if we.. Say, used the money to start a business that required more startup capital that would probably be the case or whatever right.. But we don't want to start a business together.. So I'm just wanting to know if we could make more money if we invested the money together as opposed to seperately?

When it comes to pooling the capital I just thought of maybe a more simple business.. Like real estate/property rentals or parking lots or someshit?

Send bitcoin here
1Q3fyawZdgffyXzzuMn1gAPvqXq9dZh1Tz

Thanks I love you

>I'm more interested in playing it safe than being risky..
See pic.
The majority should be in both a savings account and mutual/index fund.
Also I'd ignore robinhood and invest in some memecoins. Particularly BTC, LTC, ETH, and SC. But only do this with 10% or less. (Still a solid 40 grand to play with. I'm jelly)

This is assuming you already have your own property.

My opinion, put 1/3 into a S&P 500 tracking ETF (preferably Vanguard.) Then put 1/3 in an REIT ETF with a high dividend yield. A good one that I'm invested in long-term is SRET. Another decent one is MORT, but that's only mortgage-backed securities. The last third, invest in a municipal bond ETF, a developing country ETF, then put like $10k in precious metals, cryptos, and other speculative assets.

This way, you're well diversified in blue chip stocks, real estate, foreign securities, and "alternative" assets.

From what I've seen Vanguard ETF will do 10%? How about the other ones you mentioned?

If you're in the US the first thing you need to do is account for the fact that you are going to get absolutely blacked by the IRS for short term capital gains if you don't get the majority of that money into something like a tax sheltered retirement fund.

If I were you I'd use some of that cash to pay off some debt and use the bulk of the rest to invest in something safe like a fund of funds IRA. Take a nice chunk for fun for you and the wife (but no more than like 20-30k) for a nice vacation/home improvements or something. Seriously, talk to a financial planner that can hook you up with an investment account for safe gainz and enjoy life on easy mode when you're a millionaire at age 55.

Assuming something very conservative like 7% on 350k will grow to 1M in 25 years.

Absolutely avoid using this money to go into business with your brother. You don't even know what you'd do for a business so fuck the fuck off with that idea. Besides, if you ever did want to go into business with him you'd be better of setting up a corporation and loaning money out of that so that you don't personally go bankrupt if shit goes south.

>Some advice I've gotten so far is take out the longest mortgage possible

Let me guess. A jew banker told you this.

Whoever told you to "buy the longest term mortgage possible" is a fucking moron. This only makes sense if you're investing in properties beyond your primary residence (such as rentals) and using someone else's money for leverage.

For YOUR house you buy that fucker outright and own it free and clear. You can always mortgage against it in the future.

Put at least 25% of your money into precious metals. Silver is more volatile but has a likely better rate of return. Gold is more about preserving wealth.

bump

Precious metals will plummet after asteroid mining takes off.

This

Nobody is mining asteroids in our lifetime. Jesus Christ...

Gently bently. Don't put more than 1pc a month into coins... remember liquidating can be hard and get your self fully validated on exchanges and protected from security risks before you gamble here.
And if anyone tells you to buy a coin on this - don't !
Try not to hold more than 10pc alts until a few months in. You will miss a train or two but will also avoid plenty of train wrecks.
Consider the following:- 3 months living expenses as cash in the bank
Pay off personal debts
Try and get bricks and mortar
1-3 pc over 3 months in crypto (you can afford to lose that)

10pc of your coin stash (0.1-0.3pc of 400k)

bancor

Put it all into some good dividend MONTHLY-paying stocks with at least 5 years of dividend growth. Live off the interest, or set up a DRIP(Dividend Re Investment Plan) to compound your shares(and there by your total dividend) Live better than most 'Mericans, pass stocks to offspring when you die.

Also, spend the Interest, not the Principle.

Kike shill
Go peddle KiKeKoin elsewhere.

If you're the guy from /pol/ then you got shill ed to come here to buy a pump and dump I think moon coin and get scammed.

Hold gold,silver, buy weapons,can food, bitcoin, ethereum, xrp.

And those alex cuck fucker water filters I mean why the fuck not?

If you really want to keep your money secure, back it with land.
In the city, buy warehouses and empty (open air)mall area$.
In the country, buy lands with water access, electrical service, and plumbing(or ability to cheaply add connections to existing services near by).

Land will always hodl it's value because land is the greatest commodity. And if you do get land, it should definitely produce some sort of revenue(as a windfarm, regular farm, or through easement payments, or all manner of private enterprise).

Invest your money into Bancor man. I sold my house and car to put money in it, at least put $100,000. If you want, let's talk on Facebook messenger. I started with 200$ and in 2 months I now have $15,000

Property holds value better than gold if it's used right.

He wants to keep his money safe, not fuck his shit up.

Also, if anyone likes my posts and wants to tip me some of their precious Wojaks...

3P46dQeBESJa4tEopzmY3rNbTj5A1zXgEch

Leave Jew shill, go "appropriate" someone else's scratch!

You don't deserve those dubs!

Definitely ALL of this

Kekkonen

Buy ARK and SIA. you'll be a millionare in some months.

Now what the fuck is an ARK???(JK)

SIA, I agree with tho.

3P46dQeBESJa4tEopzmY3rNbTj5A1zXgEch

Tip me your precious Wojaks on waves wallet.

Divide it amongst traditional savings, stocks, and crypto. Buy the dip in Ethereum for your crypto part.

>pay cash on a small apartment
>buy a reliable car you can keep running for the next 20 years with minimal maintenance
>split the rest between index funds and crypto