Why have women largely been liberated from gender roles...

Why have women largely been liberated from gender roles, but men are still expected to conform to male gender roles (masculine, dominant, never needing help, a provider and protector of women)?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_overpopulation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because we can deny that these things exist all we want, but they're still a biological reality

Ah so it seems that MEN are the victims in need of social justice!

That isn't really the case. You just notice the pressure on men more because you are one.

Male roles also come with a lot more power and authority, in addition to protective responsibilities (which are sometimes just possessiveness masked with a thin veneer of knowing-what's-good-for-you). A lot of men who style themselves as """alpha""" don't want to relinquish them for that reason.

>masculine, dominant, never needing help, a provider and protector of women

There is a movement in opposition to this. It's called "feminism". And if you're actually enough of a robot that you think feminists support chivalry, google some articles written by feminists on the matter. Yes, you can try to contrive initiatives towards equality as "chivalry" if you totally ignore the existing status quo that lead to such developments.

>women largely been liberated from gender roles

This is debatable. Even with nominal equality a lot of the same unfair or just plain abusive shit goes down today as in the past, and often nobody really cares. I've heard three men openly admit to beating their wives in rural towns. Similar attitudes lead to disdain for men perceived as gay or gender-nonconforming, or male victims of rape.

>Why have women largely been liberated from gender roles

Where?

This to be honest.

In Western first world countries

They aren't, though?
You can be the most effeminate fuck you want these days and nobody will speak up in public (without getting beaten down by other people, that is).

women have been not liberated, they just are expected to LARP as men now. Pic related.

Because if men were liberated from their gender role, civilization would collapse in a week.

>Similar attitudes lead to disdain for men perceived as gay or gender-nonconforming
But being a faggy dude is cool now.

This 2bh

No, women are still expected to be mothers and wives.

White women aren't.

Except that they aren't? Some immigrants and their cultural norms that they try to force on everyone else exempt.

women are promoted to be wage slaves, taxpayers and consumer whores more so than form families. This is because the state wants to double the taxbase and corporations want to double the workforce, stagnate and effectively pay two workers for the price of one, and form new markets such as food-service, child-care, and home-making which become required as there is no longer a homemaker, the cost of living rises.

>No, women are still expected to be mothers and wives.

Yeah, maybe if you live in Pakistan, but certainly not in the West.

Here in Norway, women literally are considered worthless if they choose to be mothers out of their own volition.

If you're a feminist you should make a nice hot bath, take an aspirin, and slit your fucking wrists.

Bullshit!!! If we were F-ing liberated, I would never hear anything from anyone about my beautiful hairy legs!!!

Yes, women truly are this narcissistic.

They equate oppression to social preferences.

I could go barefoot in these 365 and a quarter days a year with hairy toes and be proud!!!!!!!

>Here in Norway, women literally are considered worthless if they choose to be mothers out of their own volition.

And just like that Norway commits state suicide.

Societies need children

I'm a feminist male. But otherwise pretty right wing, even voted for Trump.

She could have just say that work empower women so that they can choose to be free

You're certainly a femonized male.

Western women objectively live in the best circumstances women have ever lived in on the planet.

And yet you still feel the need to empower them more for some unknown reason.

Can you name a few reasons why you think the feminist struggle is still applicable in 2017?

Rape is still a rampant issue in universities and catcalling is still the norm especially by blacks and hispanics. I also feel we could see them in more diverse roles in the media. It's why I appreciate Trump put trust in kellyanne, who really helped get him through a tough campaign.

>Rape is still a rampant issue in universities
Oh dear, here we go again.

It's an issue but it certainly is not in universities. That data has been completely bunked. That minorities do more crimes in general is another issue, but rape isn't the only heinous crime out there.

I can't have a baby, thanks to a hysterectomy last year (praise God), but am still made to feel guilty about having never had a baby nor wanting one in the future.

if women are so prone to getting raped, maybe banning them from attending university was the right idea.

because someone has to do it, reality does not humor the male desire to engage in make believe as it does for women.

At least not for long.

lmao, I bet you believe there's a veritable rape-a-thon happening in the military as well

>women are still expected to be mothers
Who else is going to do it bro?
It comes with having a uterus, you might as well complain about women having to abide by the "gender-role" of producing estrogen.

Seriously, what the fuck do you want?
I'm sorry that reality doesn't cater to the desires of irrational people alienated from their own bodies.

only if you use the feminist definition of """"""""""""""rape""""""""""""""""" which is having sex when both are intoxicated, or when someone regrets fucking a dude and they call it rape to cover it up

Actually we DON'T "have to" produce high estrogen, and can even begin Testosterone instead! Welcome to 2017!!!

the "liberation" of women serves to expand the consumer base of the capitalist economy but there's no such benefit for the liberation of men (and the actual liberation of women) so the deeper issues are never addressed.

I take Aromitase Inhibitors in various forms and look forward to getting on Testosterone one day before I'm too old and gray to enjoy my "second puberty." What do you guys think of that?

The desire to die childless is the ultimate form of suicide. It speaks to the profound sickness of our society that such rampant self-destruction not only is tolerated but goes uncommented on.

Imagine the uproar if every person who didn't desire children killed themselves, imagine thousands of young men and women leaping hand in hand in front of trains and from tall buildings. It's the equivalent of what's happening today unnoticed.

because feminism was about having your cake and eating it too, not true egalitarianism

>you are one

what a fascinating assumption

why?

which types, I've taken to smoking and have learned tobacco qualifies, it used to be recommended to women with certain breast cancer for this reason.

It's not that women have been liberated from gender roles, they're still expected to conform to them. It's just that women are trying to conform to male gender roles now.

To whites maybe. Black people are a different story.

checked

>There is a movement in opposition to this. It's called "feminism"
Feminism only claims to be about equality for both genders when they're trying the delegitimise the men's rights movement. Otherwise they're a women's issues only movement.

>And if you're actually enough of a robot that you think feminists support chivalry, google some articles written by feminists on the matter.
Actions speak louder than words.

>Similar attitudes lead to disdain for men perceived as gay or gender-nonconforming, or male victims of rape.
The reason for this is misandry, and the expectation that men be strong and a protector, and any man who isn't is subhuman. Feminism has nothing done nothing about this (and much to support this attitude) and suppressed any movement that actually does want to change it.

Also, how do you explain feminists campaigning against gender neutral rape laws in India and Israel?

So this thread and it's replies are why I never go on Veeky Forums

>to white Americans maybe
FTFY

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_overpopulation

What the fuck is your point?

Because women fought hard to be liberated from gender roles and men complain on nepalese engravings image boards?

>rape is still a rampant issue in universities
e

No they didn't, they just complained and men gave it to them.

Overpopulation is such a meme. Most, if not all western countries are under the 2.3 birthrate for a sustainable population.

Population boom is in Africa and other undeveloped/developing countries.

Birthrate goes down as countries become more developed.

I hate when women are considered soft. Women should do hard (physical) work too!
>hurr, we are weak and soft, we can't do it, protect our breasts
SHUT UP AND DO HARD WORK LIKE MEN DO!

I think women, being more limited than men, historically, figured it out first since most men wouldn't bother to ask why they're on top. So women have made some progress on the matter and men are starting to realize that they too have some issues and are starting to work them out, we're just several decades behind on the matter.

Because men aren't as pretentious as women.

She could have, but the dumb bitch didn't. Feminism is btfo forever, Sarkeesan on sudoku watch DoA Beach Volleyball Xtreme Complete All DLC released worldwide no censor no region change March 28 best day of my life gg