YLYL /LTC/ Gen

>Look at the first 4 posts on Veeky Forums
>No You Litecoin You Lambo thread

Litecoin general

Why is litecoin going through the roof over the next few months?

How much litecoin do you have?

Is Lee Satoshi?

If he is Satoshi is a chink stealing a jap name cultural appropriation????

Other urls found in this thread:

bitstamp.net/article/let-there-be-litecoin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pretty sure it was a safehaven for the upcoming soft fork, but thats just my take on it

>Is Lee Satoshi?

>If he is Satoshi is a chink stealing a jap name cultural appropriation????

Are you... Retarded? I don't think you know what half the words you used even mean.

You realize that Litecoin has gone from 40$ to 3$ before right?
It only just went from 25$ to 46$ this week, and was $14 a few weeks before that.
It was $4 in march and cost more before then.

What makes you think that Litecoin is suddenly going to moon?
If anything, it's due for a crash. Compared to the Bitcoin curve, it's too large at the moment.

Don't expect it to go to 100$, expect it to at minimum correct to $25 or even $15.

2 Coins.

I am skeptical of it. I bought it at $34 last week and it has been sitting at $48 all week.

Is this shit going up or what?

Interesting. I just learned about crypto and invested last week.

You think it'd be a good idea to sell now? Doesn't seem like it's going up at all.

HOLY FUCK. Yes you should sell.

No price movement upwards only consolidation.
You impatient fuckers deserve to be poor.

Think about it this way.
How much do you have in it, how much are you willing to lose, how much are you standing to gain?

People have been talking about "100 and higher", but 100 at this point is only 2 times gain.
If it drops to 23~, you've been cut in half, or less than that even more so.

You're basically flipping a coin on whatever money you have in for a chance to double it or half it. Personally I think it's more likely to lose some soon than gain more. The gain was mostly artificial pumping to sell on a new exchange that started dealing with LTC.

If you sold at a profit now, you could could retain to USD, then if it did actually start to "moon", you could buy in. Look for events like August 1st, and use phone alerts to keep track of prices.
You could also use stop orders, but people are going to be afraid to do that after GDax ETH flash crash

MIT's LIT network is on the cusp of release and you guys are wondering if you should sell...? Veeky Forumstards never learn I swear.

I have 2 Litecoin that I bought at $34 each.

If I sell now, it's nearly $90. I am a poorfag, and this is a lot of money for me.

I really do not want to lose money, but I also do not want to miss the opportunity to sell my 2 coins for $200 if it goes up to $100.

I have already missed a few opportunities since I started investing last week.

>phone alerts

Sorry I am a noob. How do I do this?

>stop orders
What is that exactly?

You're retarded. MIT isn't doing shit with litecoin. Some dude who made an MIT.edu site is fucking with people. Any student or ex student or someone who pays a student 10 dollars to register the mit.edu domain can make an "MIT" website.

>and this is a lot of money for me

>>stop orders
>What is that exactly?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You're going to lose all of your money, you fucking idiot. Maybe spend five minutes reading before investing in something.

Literally a rumor with no basis. There's been no discussion and the entire thing has been set around the Bitcoin fork to provoke people.

If it was real, they wouldn't need the theatrics and be keeping so silent about it. It isn't normal for something 'rumored' to be this 'big' to have nothing on it known by anyone outside of some minor references from ages ago and no one knows who's even involved if it existed.

You have 90 dollars. You're literally just gambling at that point.
I have $15,000 and I'm more than willing to accept I could lose it all.

I use GDax's app to set up price alerts.

Stop orders are orders that are sold or bought at market price once the price reaches a certain point. The good thing about them is that if the market climbs fast, they follow it up rather than being executed and forgotten. The bad thing is that when it crashes fast, it also follows it downward.

I'll be sure to make a thread for you guys when I cash out some joocy Litecoin gainz in a couple weeks.

Riddle me this, how much percentage wise do you expect it to go from here on out?
It's my belief that the ETH and BTC nonsense may cause LTC to dive. There's a chance that it could climb.
I put the dive point at ~15$ and the climb point at $120~, so a chance to lose 3 times, and to gain 2 times. What do you think? Serious question, not trying to discourage you.

There's a lot of good news about LTC right now and LTC is consolidating very well. You should probably hold, but if you want more peace of mind, you could sell and wait in the sidelines to jump back in. No harm in that, except you miss out on maybe $20 of gains depending on when you decide to jump back in.

As for your other questions, those are easy to figure out on your own (google search)

I can easily see LTC making a run to the $100 mark.

wouldn't eth/btc nonsense cause it to rise bc of perceived "stability" in ltc? also dont you mean a chance to win 3x and lose 2x?

Lite coin has as much right to be at 40 bucks as bitcoin has to be at 2700. Yes it was 3 bucks in the past, so was btc, eth, xmr, and a host of others

The total crypto marketcap has quintupled in a little over a month. Why shouldn't coins increase in value across the board?

win 3x would be going to 135~ at this point. It could go there, but I feel it's more likely to go down since it already rose significantly in recent times.

People get scared out of the market, and people use that to pump/dump by enhancing the effect

Bitcoin was at 40~$ in 2013 before it crashed. Bitcoin was at 1130~ before it crashed in 2013.

THE LITENINING IS COMING!

>The gain was mostly artificial pumping to sell on a new exchange that started dealing with LTC.
which exchange?

I have 34 LTC on my BTC-E account. Only problem was I lost the password and my recovery email was with lavabit. Lavabit recently came back, but now I can't remember my lavabit password. Only regrets now.

bitstamp.net/article/let-there-be-litecoin/

Contact them and show identifying information. Ids, pictures, timestamps, etc. There should be other ways of going about it if you had verified information. That sucks, but it's also not that huge a loss either

I got nervous and sold my litecoin and now I checked back and it's climbing again.

son of a bitch.

Thanks for the advice though bros, I'm going to look into stop orders and getting a phone app for this shit. Hopefully I can buy more of it on a dip, or buy more right before it rises up to $100

46.6 isn't climbing. It's been fluxing from 42-48 this whole week.
Wait for it to stabilize over 50 and then complain about losing 10$ lol

wow how did I miss this. thanks bruh

lately I've been thinking about what ltc offers over btc. they use scrypt which doesn't have as big a mining component industry like asic miners, which means if bip148 were to succeed on aug 1, bitmain's asicboost is trash and ltc looks stronger comparatively. does this theory make sense or nah?

LTC has way better tech, but BTC was first to market

Man can i ask you a question? I'm a bit new on coins, can you tell me some sites like this where you read infos and upcoming news about coins? If i'll look on google there are like 1k sites for this, but i don't know which are the more reliable

reddit?

Why should you litecoin?

-Lower fees. Even if the price skyrockets the fees are still miniscule vs btc. This is the btc killer if any majors want to adopt crypto.
-speed. it fast. even after segwit gets implemented it will sitll be faster

Are you sure? I thought reddit was for poor autistic kids, don't tell me that's a reliable place for infos

Reddit gives autism a bad rep.

yes, this is something I think about too. once btc gets a second layer payment channel, btc will gain much more momentum