Please give me your opinion of Zeitgeist - The Movie

Please let your opinion be well-structured, nuanced and critical. I withhold mine for now, just to not take the lead in this discussion.

Comment on effect of the film or content (as a whole or per part). If you've just seen it, but haven't read about it, or just read about it but haven't seen it, I advice you to do your homework first.

Knowledge is cumulative

Other urls found in this thread:

skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Okay pff. Didn't know where this would have gone. But luckily you guys ignored this. I hope because you either know it and find it ridicilous or haven't seen it. In that case, don't bother. :)

t was my first introduction to anything other than capitalism so thats a plus

I found tzm when I was looking for something to describe my political views.
I think they are overly critical of markets, pretty much wright about the problem but missed the solution. Haven't watched the movie. I've incorporated the natural law/resource based theory of value into mutualism

it's real fun to watch i like the i dunno the presentation or the format i'd like more docus like such as

>open you're eyes sheeple: the movie

It's great for 15 yo who want to sound smart and think they're better than everyone, like I was

all I know is that the christ-myth stuff it pushes in the beginning has been debunked

probabley rightfully so, but the first part at least sheds an interesting light on religion as a whole (just leaving the 'vehicle' aspect controlled by the unknown dark elite out of the equation).
The 9/11 part, has been debunked as well. But this sheds a interesting light on government transparncy (which was, if I may speak for Americans, with regard to 9/11 nowhere to be found?)
After that part, he totally loses himself in his own conspiracythinking, I belief.

Nice, don't let it be your first introduction to anything other than (whatever) :)

linku?

even when I was a 17 year old weirdo, I still thought this movie was dumb. It actually broke me out of that mindset of "IM 16 YEARS OLD AND SMARTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I WATCH THE DAILY SHOW! BUCK FUSH xD!!"

The first part about religion has been debunked though. So what makes the parts of the movie viable when they fucked up the beginning?

didnĀ“t watch it lol

>If you've just seen it, but haven't read about it, or just read about it but haven't seen it, I advice you to do your homework first.
Joke's on you, I have done neither.

Just read this.

skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/

It goes through a ton of the fallacies and just outright incorrect information Zeitgeist puts out.

>all I know is that the christ-myth stuff it pushes in the beginning has been debunked

Which is pretty funny tbqh, because they didn't even have to lie for anyone with a brain to see the obvious connections between Sumerian, Ancient Egyptian and Abrahamic religion.

It wasn't any fuck up, it was a pants on head retarded fuck up.

>Believes Zeitgeist the Movie is a documentary.

>The 9/11 part, has been debunked as well
No it hasn't

Where did I say that?

>because they didn't even have to lie for anyone with a brain to see the obvious connections between Sumerian, Ancient Egyptian and Abrahamic religion.

Exactly what Zeitgeist proposes.

Other than some christfag talking up how dumb it is, it hasn't been "debunked" by any means.

No, the parts about Jesus being literally taken from other religions is obviously wrong.

But the idea of a savior that is supposed to ultimately destroy evil and chaos and bring about a glorious kingdom, is literally one of the oldest mythological ideas ever.

Very entertaining. I'd call it second only to spirit science in terms of retarded conspiracy kino.

the only viable thing I guess, is that the holy scriptures or texts got personalised. His interpretation is as real to him (the maker of the film) as god is to a religious person. (or what ever your view of the world is). This doesn't make it true or less mad or far fetched.

The content isn't valid, but the form sheds a light on religion (belief, truth) as a whole.

That, I find, is interesting. Viable, dangerous if let loose.

Yeah I know, just wanted to see if there are people here who would this in totallity or partialy to be true. I find it farfetched and a wee bit crazy.

well, sure. A - not so very much as in totally not about this subject- transparant government keeps the suspicion alive. And the truth is always unatainable in this context.

Debunked, not debunked, I simply don't know.

hahaha, it shouldn't come as a shock that it didn't make theaters (I hope). It is on netflix though.