Why isn't self-deification a more common theme in religions?

Why isn't self-deification a more common theme in religions?

Is there a more worthwhile spiritual pursuit than apotheosis?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_(Christian)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Making supernatural events tangible is science, not religion.

Because most religions which last any length of time learn that man is essentially not God, and any being which could come about through change, not being the first cause, could not be God either. 'Apotheosis' is a goal for people who know neither what it is to be a man nor what it is to be God.

CHIM THREAD

Because many religions have a hierarchy where humans are always inferior to Gods and other divine beings such as angels. This is valid even when the humans achieve a higher state (become saints, go to heaven...), that "higher" state is still inferior.

The idea is that humans remain humble towards the creator(s) even in the afterlife.

Also, Vivec is an overrated character.

AE CHIM CE ALTADOON

N'wah

I'll tell you my experience OP.
I was in my backyard when I felt a divine pressence, then my body became very light and agile while my mind expanded and sharpened, time flow seemed strange, and I felt like I held divinity within. My eyes looked reptilian at that time.

I guess God did it, isn't this similar to your topic?
No, I don't have powers but I dreamt I would go to heaven.

>implying a god couldn't retroactively cause itself

This reminds me of when I was away at u n 1 versi ti. We were attacked by Grolord. (The Droknksos Sed)

Since that day, I have learned to bend the four elements, earth, fire-water, planet. To my will.

"Philippians 1:12 ESV / 9 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel,

I always expect mockery from those who know it all about existence, disregard that wizards like Michael Aquino have military careers or the fact that the elites of society do strange rituals in secluded places like Bohemian Grove, go ahead and disregard it because surely a NEET smelly fedora knows better.

Religions have been used to manipulate people. You can't really do that if they all can become gods.

CHIM is for losers and nerds.

Dagoth Ur did nothing wrong.

go back to /x/ you jittery cunt

Buddhism would classify as such in a vague sense since they're rising above the mortals and Gods.

In many of the scenarios humans who are on the path of enlightenment are shown to be superior to Gods.

This. Fedora fags don't even realize. Even Christianity (at least orthodoxy) pursue apotheosis.

I actually think Judaism is he one religion which doesn't.

Tell me more please

why are dunmer such cunts?

also Shor GOAT

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_(Christian)

Sufism has it

Religious people pray to god in order to enact their desires upon the world. Since they hope to control/influence god, they attempt to usurp his power out of selfish greed.

>Religious people pray to god in order to enact their desires upon the world.
Truly reliogus people pray in order that God's desire is inacted upon the world. If you think anything else you're doing wrong.

It's called Hinduism and anywhere that worships ancestors

I KIND OF MENTIONED MY APOTHEOSIS HERE.

The bible is kinda reversed btw.

All true tho, find the way and the true believers.

You can't be dead AND dreaming, fucker

The gates of Pluto cannot be unlocked; within is a people of dreams."

He's God, so of course his desire is enacted upon the world dumbass. All he wants is validation for his work, rooting for him ahead of time as if you play any role is just as disgusting and those that hold such ego are cast in to hell all the same

If God's desire was enacted upon the world it'd be much different. But you're of father who was liar and murderer from the beginning.

Ur wanted to use CHIM though, just in a different way to the three

>muh satan

satan works for god moron.

>You can't be dead AND dreaming, fucker

DELET THIS

>being this theologically illiterate
At least know what you blindly hate.

Self-deification was very common among pagans.

It's half the reason Rome tore itself to pieces: every two-bit general with an ego problem thought he was God-on-Earth and marched his army to hell trying to prove it

Pic related: Julius Caesar was actually worshiped as a God in Augustus's day.

It tends to happen when your chief-of-state is also the high priest of the state religion.

He was """"worshiped""""