First major loss in crypto

So I rode the DGB wave and quad/quintupled 5k into about 23k in a few weeks. First time in alts. Only holding crypto at all since March.

I didn't sell after the conference. Something about loyalty blah blah blah.

Then, trying to make up for that and now sitting on about 12k worth of dgb, I try to get on the ans train. Then another fomo move to lmc.

Long story short I'm about back to my 5k, just over 2btc worth. But I have the images in my head where I was looking at 9-10 btc, and 20-25k, which would have been the most money I had ever possessed.

I'm taking the lessons. I'm not dead broke so I can still recover. I'm sure many crypto traders in here have been taken to the cleaners.

Tips for getting back on the horse?

I just want to grow my money and I'm willing to get better at day trading to maximize short term profits, and I still have my eye on some long terms ones that I think will be winners.

Should have just held dgb. Rip in peace.

beans

Still holding dgb here :^)

Yup. Punishment for my mistake is now I have about 200k worth of dgb vs 430k. There's the loss.

Sell low, buy high to continue the Ponzi scheme please

Play the ico game
Bluechip icos always go 2x

5k>10k>20k>40k

Still holding DGB, AND IM LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

I was speaking in fiat thousands. Not a fortune, but significant for me. $5k > $23K > $5k... the trip costing me 230k DGB.

ANS scared me away from hype trains for the time being. I transferred my remaining BTC to Kraken to try my hand at some slow but reliable gains that aren't shilled on Veeky Forums.

What coins are you looking at over there? Or just going to trade on btc?

I'm looking at Melon right now, it seems to have a pretty predictable graph and looks due for a spike within the next few days.

Lesson learned op. ALWAYS sell the news, and buy the rumor.

If you miss the pump then wait for the sell-off to get in. Never go full FOMO.

Remember that the contest, the conference, and announcement will always be dumps. Even when the news is good, the point is to take advantage of all the FOMO leading up to the news to secure profits. Then buy again if the news was good.

next time you get that high, pull it all out except the 5k you started with.

Suggestions for starting point on info for ICOs?

Diversify and sell your losers whenever your total starts dropping.

I think the Altcoin hype cycle is nearing it's end.
There are almost no moon missions at the moment. I can remember 1 month ago we always had 2-3 moon mission at the same time.

1. Don't buy high because of FOMO. In your case don't buy high because of anything because you're probably going to be wrong. Always buy low. LOW. And no, not low as in "It was 600% up and now it's crashing back down, time to catch the dip!" Because its not a dip, it's a falling knife.

2. Don't hold shit that's literally crashing. You talk about loyalty but these coins aren't your friends, it's not your buddy. I have no clue how you're getting emotional about it as though the coin is going to cry if you sell and you don't want to hurt it's feelings. Just SELL. At worst you miss out on some gains, but that's better than losing 18k, right?

3. Even if it's two coins instead of 1, diversify.

4. Sell before the weekend.

>Sell before the weekend.
Sell before bed, sleep well.

icoalert

The past few months must have seemed crazy for you more long time traders. I just couldn't learn and get oriented fast enough to catch any of the serious moons. If I had bought DGB just a month earlier, I would have gone about 20x with it.

That's just more motivation for me to succeed.

I got caught up in the "community" on telegram. It's embarrassing to admit. They shame people who sell. Like I said, lesson learned.

I recommend you watch ant, bancor, icn, shift, mona, ltc, and espers. work hard!

set a target of when to sell. greed will only make you lose.

the most shilled coins on /biz always turn out to be the worst deals. always stay the fuck away of them.

The greed. I didn't anticipate it clouding my judgement like it did. It was the first time I'd had that much money and it came so easily. Probably got cocky.

Good tips so far.

Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to Bittrex tomorrow.

I'm just in the same situation as you right now. Good advices on this thread. I didnt expect to be so greedy

>I didn't sell after the conference.
You were supposed to sell before it. Rookie mistake.