TEZOS ICO

Hey /BIZ

who is going in this ICO and why ?

I just started reading about it but not much information and i see they run it via which is solid bitcoinsuisse.ch/tezos/

Will this get me rich ?

Other urls found in this thread:

tezos.com/static/papers/Tezos_Overview.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=pNerM72f0Pk&t=535s&index=4&list=PLpYEApJNc03kgs9nNOQ88WcCv_oilDxKC
youtube.com/watch?v=7m7EU4JWI88
youtube.com/watch?v=gsY5wXj4Xm8
dentacoin.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> tezos.com/static/papers/Tezos_Overview.pdf

>youtube.com/watch?v=pNerM72f0Pk&t=535s&index=4&list=PLpYEApJNc03kgs9nNOQ88WcCv_oilDxKC

Uncapped

Not bancor uncapped but literally uncapped for the entire sale

I'm passing

>uncapped for a month
so who knows how much they'll raise in this ICO market
>calling it a "donation" instead of an ICO because they're so dumb they think that absolves them of legal problems
ok obviously the team is retards and has terrible counsel.
>you won't even get your tokens for months after the ICO
yeah idk you're just going to miss a lot of opportunities in that time.
>coins are called 'tezzies'
idk just sounds childish and homosexual

all in all, if you believe in tezos you will probably be better off skipping the ICO, investing in solid coins, then buying tezzies on exchange.

Uncapped, plus coins will be locked for atleast 4 months. Complete trash tier.

good points.

Also for long term hold I see they want to govern other coins using this one if i understood this correctly.

One coin to rule them all.

I am from technical background but i struggle to understand what they try to do here. For average person who has no clue this is impossible to understand. Check this basic explanation video, they try to simplify but they can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=7m7EU4JWI88

So far i really don't get what is value here or will there ever be value here.

Why would anyone use this and how will they force other coins to govern them, i really don't get it.

I'm not sure, but my understanding is that it's basically ethereum, but without the forks and instead of forks there are 'layers'. So after the DAO hack, some tezos users would agree that the DAO hacker should keep the money, and they tezos protocol would automatically form their own layer. On this layer everyone would know that code is law and irreversible, etc. (look at that etc pun).

I could be way off, but it looks like nothing revolutionary and they're just hoping to be a better Ethereum. Probable cash grab

>Will this get me rich ?
No. It's going to raise too much money. Uncapped ICO and too many idiots think it's Ethereum 2.0. It's not and it won't be.

Some people say that Ethereum was uncapped too, which is true but they forget when the ICO was held. It barely raised anything in comparison to what's going on now.

You won't be able to transfer the token before the mainnet release which will be after several months. You're very likely much better off waiting for the exchange listing.

I don't know what to make of it.

On the one had they seem to understand the importance of being able to formally verify smart contract code. All the code that people are writing for Ethereum in solidity now for ICOs has to be "audited" for weeks by experts at the cost of 10s of thousands. Solidity in a nightmare and there is so much fear about another DAO. Go read about it it's hilarious because a reduction of audit overhead was one of the original goals of Ethereum.

OCaml can solve that because it's formally verifiable. However, I don't see OCaml catching on ever, people just won't get excited about it, it might have some niche applications in mission critical blockchains though.

Tezos has been around since early 2014, judging by their announcement on bitcointalk. It seems to have been abandoned then and resurrected last Sept. just in time for the ICO craze which is highly cynical. Although they have about 50k lines of code now if you check their GitHub which is allot more than some other ICOs right now. It's a competing blockchain to Ethereum so you're getting an actual coin and not just a "smart token".

As some very smart people here correctly judged back in 2015, ETH would moon because it was so damn easy to create tokens that any two-bit startup could raise money by having an ICO. ETH is the gatekeeper to peoples' fantasies about getting in on the ground floor of some hot shit, that's why we're in a bubble. So tezos will only moon if there is a critical mass of apps coming out for it, that is highly improbable.

And they really seem to be riding on the coat-tails of Ethereum, they are having an uncapped ICO "following the example of Ethereum", yes that's fine but the Ethereum fundraiser was a long time ago in very different circumstances. The management team however seem like grade-A shills which is a good thing, I want them shilling for me, I've already seen lots of puff-pieces in the likes of Reuters no less, shilling this project.

The creator of tezos is a former IB and I don't doubt that he will be using his contacts to build hype for this. We will probably go through some localized and rapid bubbles every now and then as Bloomberg name-drops tezos, so be ready to sell.

So basically their idea is pretty good but they are far too late to the game and OCaml is obscure. I predict that they will produce a working product that will be competent but will wither and die over the years.

For me, I will be taking a punt of a few 1000 euros when it hits exchanges in a few months.

the more i read about it the more i think ill do the same

You should watch how the founder of Tezos gets his ass ripped apart.

youtube.com/watch?v=gsY5wXj4Xm8

savage

of all recent ICOs that's the one that interest me. I like their project and the team looks solid. The fact it's uncapped cause me a lot of concern though.

Bump for more opinions of tease-us.

>uncapped
>lasts 2 weeks
>unlimited supply
>tezos network is not even worked on, it doesn't exist
>4 WHOLE MONTHS OR MORE, before network gets launched and your tokens can be distributed..
You are better off investing in other ICOs then selling on exchanges.
>4 FUCKING MONTHS until it hits exchanges
>your BTC is frozen for FOUR (4) WHOLE MONTHS
Yeah, great investment. MAYBE in december, you will be able to sell it for half the TGE price... because BTC is going to hit 5k$... Imagine how much money you could do in those 4 months while trading altcoins.

>2017
>people still fall for ICO scams

(((arthur breitman)))

bump

The people behind tezos are the Wall Street Banksters, why would anyone buy unless to buy in and dump it. To hell with Rothschild Centeal banking .

I'm probably going to throw a few btc at it.

On-chain governance, Proof of Stake from the beginning, and complete transparency of who is behind and backing the project seal the deal for me.

>The uncapped stigma around the ico is unwarranted.

It gives anyone who wants to participate a fair chance, the more tokens spread across the network make it stronger, and in a way it prevents "whales" controlling the market.

If you're looking for a quick pump and dump then this isn't for you because there WILL be a lot of tezos floating around.

But with more money coming into the crypto space, I can't seem to find a more promising project for mild risk/reward.

All viable points, but consider this ;
1. uncapped. By having no cap on ico it should deter whales who flood chain for quick flipping like civitus, bat, status, etc.
2. It's coin. Even if it is scam it's not like previous dapps with few codelines. It has some framework and has much more credibility than other icos
3. Market share. There is no good alternatives to the eth. New development from ans ( soon Neo) and tezos may take down eth dominance on smart contracts.

UNCAPPED MONTH LONG SALE, 4MONTHS WAIT

fuck these bullshit companies, fuck tezos ICO, i'll buy it on exchange

Wow no need for all caps. My idea was that ethereum with ico craze basically will do dao 2.0 and soon we will feel consequences of it. Because of it we even have dental care ico... A DUCKING DENTAL ICO FOR FUCKING TEETHES ICO WITH FUCKING HUGE ETH CAP WTF YOU NEED SMART CONTRACT FOR FUCKING DENTAL PLAN?
FUCK VITALIK FOR THIS TULIPS MANIA
I will in principle invest in tezos and ans (neo) to fuck eternal russo greed. So should you as eth is not viable in short term

forgot link : dentacoin.com/

>It's coin

This. I literally can't remember the last time we had a fundraiser that was a new blockchain and not just a "Smart Token". I seriously don't know what people expect from smart tokens at all, they treat them like shares but they have no voting rights what so ever. Pro-tip: when a companies' shares dip really low they retain value because people speculate that a larger company might buy them out at that low price. No such thing with Tokens, they are literally worthless.

True. I have theory that ico craze is perplexed by guys who first invested 10k or less to eth ico and now are millionaires but have no knowledge in investing and looking to easily flip their assets by investing in new dapps. I simply refuse notion that sane person could contribute to civic (creator literally fud'ED eth technology for 2 years and now for his (((ICO))) said hey eth is cool gimme money :^) or status (app which is literally telegram but with "muh blockchain" )
To put it simple eth needs competition and that competition for now is ans or tezos. If you are serious for cryptos, you should invest in both or either of them. They are easy money. It's up to you if you buy in ico or in exchange

Not only ANS/NEO but also EOS and BOScoin. There's a lot of people trying to win the "third generation blockchain" throne.

Personally I'm going to wait and see until they are all released and trading on exchanges before I jump on any of these.