What the FUCK happened here?

What the FUCK happened here?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eteocretan_language
books.google.com/books?id=wH81DAAAQBAJ&pg=PT91&dq=the world to come cretan love song&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdpOrgrvrSAhXCYSYKHaA2A34Q6AEIGjAA#v=onepage&q=the world to come cretan love song&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pre-Indo-European Cretans/Minoans who were mostly peaceful, built large fortifications and left female breast exposed. They also jumped over steers

But what happened to their civilization?
Did they discover something that should have been kept secret?
Is the Minotaur in the Labyrinth a symbol of what was unearthed there?

No. Their agriculture got fucked up by volcanic eruptions and earthquakes then the Minoans invaded and stole their writing system and.

Myceneans invaded more than a century after the eruption

>have most comfy civilization in history
>something goes wrong
>greek barbarians invade
>it's okay keep doing your thing for awhile
>eruption of thera
>...better try and invade egypt

>greek barbarians invade

Greeks invaded one century and a half after Thera erupted, and the invasion of Egypt occured in 1180 bc, so almost three centuries after the Myceneans had taken control of Crete around 1450 bc

Paratrooper landings. Cuckolding by bull and piracy.

Early plaestinians came from crete, I think they imigrated.

Yes, the Philistine, one of the many people who invaded the Levant and attacked Egypt during the late Bronze Age, Egyptians said to have settled them in forst in Canaan, sothat pretty much puts the nail in the coffin.

I actually did some brief reading after posting this and realized my continuity error. It's been awhile since I studied the Minoans.

However, to defend myself, a second eruption at Thera may have happened a little later.

I'm still convinced an environmental disaster contributed to the Crisis.
Also I made I found this and it made me sad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eteocretan_language

>The two bilingual inscriptions, together with six other Greek inscriptions, were found in the western part of the large Hellenistic cistern next to the east wall of the Delphinion (temple of Apollo Delphinios) in Dreros, at a depth between 3 and 4 metres.[6] The texts are all written in the archaic Cretan alphabet and date from the late 7th or early 6th century BC. They give official religious and political decisions and probably came from the east wall of the Delphinion; they were published by Henri van Effenterre in 1937 and 1946 and were kept in the museum at Neapolis.

>The longer of these two inscriptions was found in the autumn of 1936 but not published until 1946.[7] The Greek part of the text is very worn and could not easily be read. Almost certainly with modern technology the Greek part would yield more but the inscription was lost during the occupation of the island in World War II. Despite searches over 70 years, it has not been found.

>Bilingual inscription
>Greek part lost

Could have helped us solve Linear A maybe

So fuck your paratroopers

>stole their writing system
we wuz literate and shiet but them minoans came and took the letterz from us mane

I'm going there to find out, but from what I can recall, they were mostly invaded and conquered later in history.

minoans then a volcano, bronze age collapse, sea peoples and irrelevance

sex

It was an emirate for a little bit

After Mycenae, they became a pirate haven. The Romans sent an army to eradicate them because they threatened grain shipments from Aegyptus.

This is a short story I rather like about Crete.
The link is nearly longer than the story
books.google.com/books?id=wH81DAAAQBAJ&pg=PT91&dq=the world to come cretan love song&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdpOrgrvrSAhXCYSYKHaA2A34Q6AEIGjAA#v=onepage&q=the world to come cretan love song&f=false

>the Minoans invaded and stole their writing system
>the Minoans invaded
>the Minoans
>MINOANS
How do you manage to invade yourself?

Did the Greeks take after the Minoans culturally or did they evolve simultaneously?

Renowned for their archery.

Cretans were also known as liars and scum. To call someone a Cretan was an insult.

>To call someone a Cretan was an insult.
i think you mean cretin, which derives from swiss french for "christian" to remind people that the deformed offspring that arose from iodine deficiency (goiter) were still human like them.

pic related is a cretin

I'm sad now

They controlled the sea, which is why, being an island, they didn't have fortifications. You're talking about the "cities" themselves

It is unknown, actually it is considered a mix of natural disasters and invasions that fucked them enough until they finally got conquered by the Myceneans

Myceneans ("Greeks") definitely were influenced by them. A lot.

mycenaeans *