City vs. Village

What is healthier and more fulfilling, living in a village or a city?

There are multiple studies that show that growing up in a city leads to an increased risk of suffering from mental diseases later in life.

On the other hand, historically cities were the hotspots of cultural development and civilizational refinement, whereas today cities are often regarded as an agglomeration of human filth.

you answered yourself exhaustively already

Rural masterrace

>whereas today cities are often regarded as an agglomeration of human filth.

Only by those who take no part in "cultural development and civilizational development," as you put it. Just like always. Cities have never been less "filthy" and "villages" mostly no longer even exist, replaced by alienating "suburbs" that lack all their social advantages. I live in a city and my neighborhood is much more cohesive and supportive than the suburb I grew up in.

But today cities are more attractive for the poor due to social benefits and social and proper infrastructure. In the Renaissance for example, becoming citizen of a city required skill and monetary assets.

city fag here,
there is nothing more depressing then to travel to some rural shithole full of white trash

I live in a city, but would like to move to a small town somewhere in Maine, or something.

What kind of city are you referring to user?
From my own frame of reference, l've lived in Leeds, Exeter, York and London, all cities yet all incredibly different.
Then again a village in rural fuckingmintedshire is going to be nicer that some shithole in Nopavedroadia.

>But today cities are more attractive for the poor due to social benefits and social and proper infrastructure.

That's not true. Nation states mean those social benefits are avaliable everywhere, which is why, for example, most welfare recipients are rural.

>tfw all these American posters don't know the glory of a traditional English village
It's paradise desu, and even if it can be at times boring you are never far from a town as England is pretty small

Pic related, a village on my commute

Wealthy semi rural areas

I do not like villages. I do not like knowing every other people I pass on the street. I do not like seeing people that once were my friends once a week on a bus. I like to leave the past in the past, and not be reminded.

Define what do you mean by city. Living somewhere like Zurich could be fantastic, living in Houston would be pure hell.

Living outside a city in the start of the country master race

t. tranny

nigga you aint never been to barton stacey

Far from. But I don't wanna relive memories of cringe former school yrs.

God, I want to move to England. Or Wales. Or the Scottish Lowlands. Great Britain in general, really.
But I'm American. And have no notable skills.

Maybe you shouldn't have been such a sperg.

everyone goes through phases, user. including you

childhood in village, young-mid adulthood in city, back to village when older

feminist are the most ignorant people on the planet and need to be executed

If you're talking about the US that is not remotely true.

Unless you count farm subzidies, which is stupid since they go to owners, and the labor force they use is mostly migrants.

They both have benefits.

I've lived in NYC and the rural south. Both have big trade offs.

The Rocky Mountain states have much better rural areas because the economy is based on a mix of ecotourism, arts, and natural resources extraction. The rural south is just dying. It's also full over government red tape and high taxes despite "muh liberty."

No, no, it's quite true.

>If you're talking about the US that is not remotely true.

Yes it is. No I'm not talking about farm subsidies. I'm talking about stuff like food stamps.

Villages look nice
I wish cities were just bigger viallges

>not living off the civilizational grid in order to protect the innocence of your family

Dropped.

Backpacking>homecucks

>ywn start an incestous sex cult innawoods
Why live?

I want to live in the countryside but there are no jobs that i can get. Also i am young and have no money to buy a house

Also in America the city core has been for a longtime neglected so the utility and ease of living in the city is often nulled.

No it isn't. Google it.

You're probably being misled because it is highly cited that PARTICIPATION rates for SNAP are higher in rural areas. More eligible people use it there. This is also a recent trend.

Simply looking up the share of the population that lives in rural counties should tell you how stupid it is to claim that most welfare spending is rural.

EITC and Medicaid are far larger shares of the welfare budget and are also spent mostly in urban areas.

Per capital spending is higher in rural areas because the poverty rate is about 5% higher and it includes all Indian Affairs spending but at the same time grant programs and infrastructure spending dwarf rural programs and concentrate on cities.