Time to be honest with yourself

I think a lot of people here are in the same case as I am.

Some weeks ago I bought some ETH when it was 80€. Then it pumped to 200€ and all of a sudden I realized I could make some easy money on the internet. So I bought some Ubiq and Ark, and a few hours later they mooned.

I transformed 2k€ into 18k€ real quick. So I said to myself "hey this is crazy, I must be good at this".

Then my coins dumped, so I started panick-selling, bought some absolute shitcoins, overtraded, etc. Now I'm between 10k and 12k€ and it drives me nuts not to be able to make some daily profit.

So here's the thing :
I'm not good at this. I just had a lot of luck. Beginner luck.

The fact is, trading is insanely difficult. It may take years to master the art of trading.
I tried to read charts but it's a lot of work. There are way too many criterias for me to understand.

You have to understand this : if a few people are making A LOT of money at this, that means A LOT of people are losing.

Luck made me won, no skills is making me lose. Don't delude yourself, there 90% chance you're in the same case as I.
So I'm just gonna sit on my BTC, LTC and ETH, wait a few years and see what happens.

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/university/charts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eh, i'm a useless NEET. Who might know when I will become homeless. So I'd rather try to learn to trade, don't have much money to lose anyway.

Yeah I guess if you have a lot of free time and a strong will you can succeed.

>So here's the thing :
>I'm not good at this. I just had a lot of luck. Beginner luck.
>The fact is, trading is insanely difficult. It may take years to master the art of trading.
>I tried to read charts but it's a lot of work. There are way too many criterias for me to understand.
This man right here got it!
I also made 2000% profit in the last 2 months, but you'd have to be an absolute idiot not to.

However…
It also taught me that high risk-high reward can work out in your favour and that the crypto space is just insane.
So I'll continue to "trade" shitcoins, but whenever I strike gold, I'll put some away in something safer. If I totally fuck up, I still have some left.

I started with 50€ and my portfolio says I have 611€ right now.

Started with XRP before it mooned.

Then gained a bit with XMR too.

Then LTC as well.

Little by little got to about 300€, then bought ANS at 3€ and sold at 9€.

And now I am holding 500 ARK and 12k SIA. And a bit of XRP.

I guess I am for the long term now. When will ARK release some news or do something? and SIA? other than today's Obelisk thing?

If you are a beginner and dont want to lose money you have two options

1. INVEST in cryptos instead of TRADING: Just buy some and Hodl it, 5 years later you can sell it, or 20 years later you can use it to buy your house/lambo
2. Wait for ICN/MLN to come out and invest through their funds

For me it's easier to just calculate 15-20% gain and sell a shitcoin. Yeah you do need to know how to read charts to know when a pump or break out may start, but it's actually not that difficult. What helps is that most people trading crypto are idiots or beginners like you or me, so it's an equal playing field. Unlike stocks where you are up against veterans who know what the fuck they are doing. Also be aware the fiasco with ETH and margin trading shows how many dumbasses there are that you are trading against. The fact that you are aware of this OP is good, better to think that way than think you're the next wolf of wall street.

Wrong as usual

What most people on Veeky Forums do isn't really trading.

Short term trading would be when you wait for a certain situation in the markets that leads to a statistically probable outcome, then exploiting this situation over and over again. It's not some stressful white-knuckle ride..it's quite boring really.

What most of biz does is really just playing the shitcoin lottery. Buy something and hope it 'moons' one day.

>What helps is that most people trading crypto are idiots or beginners like you or me, so it's an equal playing field. Unlike stocks where you are up against veterans who know what the fuck they are doing

I'm not even sure about that.
Whales have the power to manipulate a coin to make a 2000% profit in a couple of hours.

Look at ANS, who could possibily predict this?

I agree. That's what I did btw.

pls explain

Some of the people who got fucked had enough to at least be mini-whales. There are whales that are also bagholders just like you and me who get fucked by the bigger whales. Some people who got fucked by the margin trading had tens of thousands in ETH, they were not small fish.

nothing happens by chance my man

I'm starting with around this much now, how long did it take you to reach a small but tidy profit like that, and what did you do? I have reasonable expectations for this and I plan to cashout my £50 initial BTC investment so that way its like ive lost nothing

Started like 40 days ago. Well I guess I was lucky with the coins I bought.

Check the prices and if they are low then you may be interested in buying, since they will eventually go up, so you can make 10-20% profit when you sell. Just don't buy shitcoins or coins at all time high.

And if you buy a coin and it goes down a bit, dont worry, it should go up again in a matter of hours or days. Just buy low and sell high.

Yea but what if I have autism?

>Unlike stocks where you are up against veterans
more like against algos that will rape you like a little bitch you are

You're challenging both the fantasy these people have about themselves and the marketing message by the whales/shills. Your post won't be received well.

Read up on: Bollinger bands, conditional buys/sells, RSI
You're welcome and good job m8

investopedia.com/university/charts/

Volume is key

what exchange bro?

ive been hodling since $20 with ETH and scorning TA, but now that were in this slight downturn i applied some basic TA on a broad time frame and i think, had i been paying attention i could have juked at $400 and made a shit ton of money

going forward i will continue to mostly buy and hold, but will keep an eye on those long term TA charts

aren't cryptos like commodities, where you can't really just hold?

>never panic sell
>OP still made more profit than you just because he bought some shitcoins that mooned and didn't diversify in the beginning
Reé ree
I turned $4k into $11k
Also bought ETH at $80 but I bought other coins too like XRP, LTC, BTC.
I don't think trading is THAT hard if you don't get emotional and sell low. The thing is you have to trade with some capital already for those 5% gains to be worth something and you risk losing with the bull market in case it moons while you're trading when you should have held.

the ones with good fundamentals ie. ETH/Monero/LTC/ETC(ifyouranabsolutist)/Bitcoin(when it fixes its scaling issue)

are all sound investments because, and you have to keep this in mind, Cryptocurrencies ARE the future, no matter the variation. We are going to be use a digital currency, weather or not its a version we like, like the ones stated, or some like US OnlineDollar™ type shit. And with this adoption of crypto, the price will rise as more people begin to use it.

Also, just look at the people investing in bitcoin 5 years ago, they're coming back with their 20,000 bitcoins they bought for cents and are rich now. Same thing is going to happen 5 years later with your 1 bitcoin.