I installed a Bitcoin wallet on my PC like 5 years ago or so. I think there might be a little amount of it

I installed a Bitcoin wallet on my PC like 5 years ago or so. I think there might be a little amount of it.
I launched it today but the process is excruciatingly slow, I am getting like 0,5% per hour, is this normal?

It needs to sync 5 years of data, I'd say it's normal

I can also feel that it is sucking all the processing power out of my PC. 75% of CPU usage.

maybe try finding a bootstrap or something

I dont know about bitcoin wallets, but mist wallet sure likes to eat a lot of ram and CPU power

but im gonna upgrade to a ryzen 1700x soon, so its fine desu

It usually takes around 48 hours to download the whole blockchain. You have enough time to read a book.

Post results, btw.

Good choice

post results, i'm interested

It's gonna take a lot of time, I don't really want to have it on through day since it slows down mc PC a lot. I think I did 6% through this night, might post result 1-2 weeks after.

let me save you some time; copy/paste your wallet address into a blockchain explorer and find out before you download the whole internet
I suggest you use electrum wallet in the future

this, post your address OP

Soon we will need quantum computers in order to manage BTC, heh.

Also this:

Tbh I don't know my wallet's address and I don't see in anywhere in the program, I guess it will appear when it's downloaded?

You probably don't have a wallet

no, dummy
there has to be your wallet address in there; click on "receive coins" and copy/paste the address found in there
entire contents of your wallet exist on the blockchain, not your computer

run bitcoin-qt with the flag -dbcache=1000 to sync faster

Oh God, that guy's gonna find out he has 1000 BTC in his wallet isn't he?

Btw, if you find out that you are millionaire, I would gladly accept some coins:
1Fpi2x5FQnSVUheQqpod2RFNtdP5DpbC2k

I seriously doubt that since he cannot seem to find his own address
I expect public help forums to be prime hunting grounds for stupidity, as in:
>hello user, so sorry to see you struggle with your cryprocurrency, let me help you solve your problem. Those nerds sure complicated this stuff, haven't they
>OK, so you have an address and a key to this address; message me both so I can check if your wallet has anything in it to make it worth the hassle of downloading the entire blockchain and will get back to you in a minute
>you'll get used to it in time, we all did ;)

you're literal cancer and should be culled; ask yourself when was the last time you saw someone send actual crypto of any worth here besides pajeetcoins?

>I seriously doubt that since he cannot seem to find his own address
5 years ago BTC price was like $10.

Gosh, just saying this makes me sad.

Good luck m8. I'll share the celebration with you if you send me some coin

1EVU6qHSg3pmVHnkVTxv73qtoD721qxyGP

A little offtopic, but I've been wondering, how can a downloadable blockchain be a sustainable option?
Imagine if crypto were 10x or 100x more popular. The blockchain would very quickly turn into terabytes of data and would probably be updated quicker than the computer is even capable of synchronizing.

You just get a bigger and faster computer.

Imagine computers were 10-100x more faster and spacious in capacity

Sometime in about 5 years or less you'll have a terabyte of space on your phone.

distributed storage is a thing, cloud services are also a thing; crypto doesn't care where the data you're accessing is

its almost like crypto isn't the future