Sell Bitcoin for Silver?

I've been mainly in Bitcoins and shit coin, but am curious what Veeky Forums thinks of silver in the near and long term.

Other urls found in this thread:

lunaticoutpost.com/thread-156588.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most disappointing precious metal. Stay in bitcoin.

gold will only rise

don't buy silver or gold until they stop being shilled, that means that all the PM bugs have killed themselves and the market has found its bottom

Don't listen to these fags.

Cern stopped using copper and switched to silver for a reason.

The price is insanely artificially low.

Google clif high, and you can thank me later.

Do it!

Diversify your portfolio. I myself have 30% in PMs.

Also look into mining shares.

> clif high
...is so full of shit. It's voodoo sentiment analysis mixed with a hint of fearmongering.

lunaticoutpost.com/thread-156588.html

I tend to agree with this user but I bought silver earlier this year and had I simply held bitcoin I would be better off but I would still want to buy silver right now. I am not a posh day trader I have completed some trades from a work truck with dirty jeans on pic related.

Historically, precious metals have been a lousy investment.

God I wanna buy a bar of silver and gold just because they fucking look cool now. Holy shit.

why silver and not gold?

Bitcoin could potentially collapse everytime ( i don't believe that).

A physical gold or silver bar will always be there.

Absolutely wrong!

Physical Silver seems to be at cost to mine price at moment.

I like platinum over gold, better properties, 10 times rarer and cheaper.

I sold silver to buy ltc @ /coin

I have 1000+ oz silver and 5oz gold, should i keep it sitting or should i liquidate more into something that makes money?

@ 38/coin*

How is that absolutely wrong? Do you even know what the historical rate of return is on silver? Because I do. And it's shit.

Then you know shit!

It's a horrible investment. liquidate into stocks. Particularly index funds that track large cap American companies like the S&P 500 or small cap like S&P SmallCap 600.

Shut up you noob. I have extensive business experience.

If you want to be a loser with a shitty retirement portfolio than buy oil and precious metals, but if you want to see any sort of decent returns then invest in what I recommended. You're welcome.

Comapred to just putting money in an index fund that tracks the stock market precious metals is a very poor investment. It hardly keeps up with inflation.

Liquidate into crypto.

Care to shoot me in the right direction? Im half considering buying more ltc but i dont wanna go full retard, i already have like 100ltc

I bought all that because i was mentally fucked from my father dying. I threw 70k at student debt, like 20k on frivilous bullshit and the rest is in metal

I kinda wish i went here for advice when the inheritance check came in but oh well

>still 50k student debt, make 20/hr

Oy fucking vey help me out Veeky Forums

I love silver but wouldn't reduce my trading wad to buy it today.

VTSMX

or

you'd probably get better returns investing directly in an individual stock with at least 4 percent dividends.

If you are just looking for really good returns I'd recommend going all in on litecoin but that's just my personal opinion.

That is a pretty lame bar, you should look into Queens beasts series now those are sweet, I would kill to have em in gold,

>paying extra for a fancy mold
I will never understand this.

I'm seriously considering another 10k in and just keeping the rest of the metal

LTC really has potential

why don't you hurry up and pay that student debt off?
then you can take those student loan payments and funnel them directly to savings/investments

I don't look at silver primarily as an investment, it's more of a savings account that doesn't get diminished by inflation. But if it did moon to $50/oz I'd definitely sell as I'm at an average of $19/oz

I would highly recommend that you pay off your student debt first. Then liquidate all your metals and open a retirement account.

I don't know what country you're in, but if you're in the States, I think it's called an IRA (Individual retirement account).

This account provides huge tax advantages, which basically allows you to purchase specific assets like stocks without paying any tax on them. It also allows you to deduct however much you're allowed to contribute to it yearly from your taxes.

So let's say you're allowed to contribute 10k this year to your IRA, if you make 50k this year at your job and decide to invest 10k of it into stocks which you will be keeping in your IRA, than you only pay income tax on 40k. The funds will sit in your IRA and accumulate returns, tax free, until you cash out at retirement.

I would recommend going with a diversified amount of funds as well to lessen volatility.

If you're younger, you should be more comfortable with volatile, growth-oriented investments, such as stock funds.

If you're under 30 and want to take on a more aggressive approach, your asset allocation should be something like 90% stocks and 10% bonds, since stocks have a much higher rate of return. You could do 80 - 20 as well if you like. Just depends on how much risk you're willing to take.

When you're in your later years, you can consider allocating more of your money to bonds to reduce your portfolio's volatility.

You're going to have to research some of this stuff yourself or seek qualified financial advice because it is beyond the scope of this post.

The most important thing to know is that you should be buying index funds as opposed to actively managed funds, simply because you will pay lesser fees.

In the long run, the fees really add up and can mean the difference between tens of thousands of dollars on an average portfolio.

Don't invest in lone stocks either, since it is much more risky.