Can someone red pill me on inflation? Is it really 2% - 3% per year...

Can someone red pill me on inflation? Is it really 2% - 3% per year? I have about $150k in cash and I feel kinda dumb not doing anything with it considering how much value it's losing. I also feel like inflation is kind of bullshit.

It's plain economic fact. How can it be "bullshit"?

Don't bother replying to this guy.

>>I also feel like inflation is kind of bullshit
>>I also feel
>>feel

It just feels like bullshit. I worked pretty hard to accumulate this money and I can't even stockpile it as a form of financial security. It just loses value indefinitely.

Tip Calculations HAHA! I never fucking tip ever ever ever...

Okay I tip the Bartender but only in hopes she will put more Alcohol in my Mixed Drinks.

Tips are literally bullshit. You don't give tips to Construction Workers or Bank Clerks.

it is bullshit but its real, that why people invest to save their money. If you let your money do nothing you just loose them over time.

Oh sorry you meant it feels like bullshit as in "that's fucked up!"

Yeah dude I agree then.

BEN GRAHAM AND DAVE DODD SAYS:

STOCKS ARE A HEDGE AGAINST INFLATION
BONDS ARE A HEDGE AGAINST DEFLATION
or you can buy some gold lel

Bait or fucking kill yourself.

hey kid, have you heard of BTC?

t. buttmad waiter

are you one of those people who scowl at me as I give my order and then expect a 20% tip?

the government spends money like crazy and has insane debt

of course they want the value of money to go down, it makes their debts easier to pay back

Nah, I'm sorry. I'm not giving the Whore Hostess a Tip for walking the Food to me.

I am much more happy to give a Tip to the Chef who fucking made it but that's not who gets it.

It's always the Skanky College Student who just brings you your food with a pretty face.

Stupidest thing I ever heard of. Have the Chef bring it to me. He's the one who did the Work.

How much Bancor do you own, ya cheap Jew?

why do you capitalize your nouns? are you german?

>Have the Chef bring it to me.
hes busy producing things of value

Haha that must be you again!

Why would you then make the chef walk out of his workplace to bring you the food. That's just silly.

At first I agreed with you but now I just find you entitled.

Because he is the one I want to give the Tip to. I'm not paying someone to walk the Food 20 Feet.

Chef deserves the Reward. Every person working at a Restaurant should be the Chef.

Why the fuck do we need Designated Food Transporters?

I tip because I am too beta to actually make a statement but I unironically agree with you. I don't even WANT these idiots to bring me my food or refill my drinks. I would much rather do it myself. Just put the food on the chef counter and I'll go up and grab it myself. Put out a fountain drink machine and I'll fill up myself. Fuck, I'll even throw out my own trash when I am done.

People aren't tipping out of the Kindness of their Heart either. They are tipping so they don't get their food spat in the next time they show up.

Just trust me, fuck this system. Cook your own Food. It's not worth dealing with these Cretinous College Students.

Talk about Privileged to expect people to give you extra Money for walking the Food with a pretty face and then if not you get mad and spit in their Food.

Fuck these Americans. I say that as an American.

Dude seriously why do you capitalize so arbitrarily?

As to your points (on a serious note):

>>because he is the one I want to give the tip to.

Go ahead, I'm sure they'd be happy to accept a tip. But I think you're using this as an excuse for being cheap, cause do you tip them?

>>Every person working at a restaurant should be the chef

Okay. That's interesting. So they'd all just be cooking and then bringing the food over to the respective customers. How will that work out logistically?

>>Why the fuck do we need designated food transporters?

Cause you don't eat in the fucking kitchen you utter mong.

seriously

it's so annoying when you're trying to have a conversation and they keep walking by like "how is everything ? :^)"

I agree there, I just think you're painting with a pretty broad fucking brush.

It's nice to have a waitress know your order, fill your drink without having to ask, all that shit. Does it deserve 20%? Probably not.

I do agree about doing my own grabbing of the food, cleaning, refilling drinks, etc. though. But we're on Veeky Forums, we're all cheapskates. If we don't have to spend a dollar we won't

This person is clearly a Young Adult who hasn't been around long enough to see how ridiculous this is.

He actually thinks it's a good idea to have separate people to deliver Food and it might be because these Restaurants can't keep their Employees.

They either go Tip Share where everyone gets the same amount or the Waitress gets ALL THE TIPS and the Chef gets NOTHING.

Too stupid to understand the Fairness Problem.

Get the fuck outta here, you didn't reply to a single one of my points.

How old might you be, you blowhard cunt? I already said: I agree that it is ridiculous, but the situation is such that if your idea was implemented I'd be even angrier. I don't want some motherfucker who has dirty ass hands bringing me my shit

fairness is a concept not found anywhere but in communist utopia
paying employees miserable wage so they have to be a dancing monkey to employer's customers in order to earn a living is found only in genitally mutilated goyimland

You would be mad that my System is fair? You would be mad that some Pretty Looking Young Whore isn't greeting you every day?

I'm sorry but I know tons of people that work in the Hidden Parts of a Restaurant and get none of the Money.

The Dishwasher and Chef who are doing all the work but no one gives a shit about them.

It's all about that hot bitch with big tits. I'm a little deeper than that.

That's exactly what it is. The Restaurants give these people ALL OF THE MONEY because they are the "Face of the Restaurant"...

Also the Owner can creepily watch as his Young Whores run around with their Butts hanging out.

Perhaps even sexually harassing them every once in a while because they are actually making $15/hour and they have no other way to make the Money.

It's like a Salesman but with none of the actual work or skill.

Inflation is basically a way to artificially drive up asset prices over time and put a floor on interest rates. This means banks can charge you higher interest rates & earn more on their assets while giving 0% for keeping your money.

The way to counter inflation is to put your money into income generating assets & hold little cash.

Most waitresses can't even fucking do that proper, I have to flag those niggers down because they never come to me.

Fuck even when I'm on a date I have to flag the whores down, it's really stupid. I stopped paying tips because they give shitty service.

Not sure what the norm is where you live but the back staff gets paid at least min wage and the bussers (people who clean the tables) also get paid min wage (7.25/hr) and get tip share. The people who get the majority of your tips (waiters) get paid below min wage (2.13/hr), which is legal because of the fact they get tips. The majority of their pay comes from tips. People that don't tip Fuck them over. Hate the system not the people that work for Shit wages and help you.

Doesn't have to be that way, only a few restaurants really even do that.

You sound sexually frustrated though

>>I'm a little deeper than that

Ugh, please.

But if they are making $15/Hour and the Chefs and Dishwashers in the back are making $7.25/Hour because they don't get tips then fuck that.

Also, if they don't make enough in Tips, they are forced to pay Minimum Wage anyway so that idea doesn't fly with me.

What about the people in the back?

My girlfriend agrees with me.

Nah I never fucking tip either. And I'm in the US. It's absolute bullshit.

My side bitches work the tables so they obviously don't.

Tell your "girlfriend" I said hi.

Honestly I only go out to a few chains once every month. In the last month I only went to HuHot's, and Steak N' Shake.

Depends on state and local laws. Most restaurants pay the min that they have to because captialism.

So you are a Manager/Pimp of a Restaurant and you are trying to argue with me of why you don't pay your Chefs/Dishwashers Tips....

I see...

Actually I will sometimes tip 2-3 dollars regardless of the size of the meal. That's usually never even 10% but I get frustrated when people actually go as far as to calculate with a calculator how much of a tip to give.

Like what the fuck?

I'm not gonna calculate that. They can have $2-$3 if I thought they did a decent job and that's it.

The ladies bring in the repeat customers, keeps up the business, same as the kitchen staff. Don't be butt mad, be happy

Capitalism is great but awful at the same time.

The restaurant I worked at when I was younger paid the chefs about 10-15 an hour. The head chef got way more than that too. It's more consistent pay being the back. If you get a party of Jews or people from biz then you don't make Shit that night.

Let's be honest, none of you autists leave your house.

greedy fuckers.
TIP!

You are everything that is wrong with the World.

Then you go on Veeky Forums and try to defend your Actions.

It is a good thing that Restaurants are a Low Profit Gig with HIGH Bankruptcy Rates.

You are lucky if it survives with that shit attitude you have.

I bet your Turnover Rate is insane.

>my mom agrees with me
How often does she have to placate that huge ego of yours, you have the mentality of a teen

I am likely one of the kindest people you would ever meet in your Life.

The one with an Ego is you to believe you deserve tips for doing jack shit.

>i am a saint
You have a huge ego and you don't realize it
and what do you mean not doing jack shit? something tells you went ez mode in life

You are max projecting dude. When have I said I don't pay the kitchen staff right?

Haha now we're just triggering him.

Dude people who say they're "the kindest people you'll ever meet" usually harbour secret feelings of ineptitude and anger.

In other words, let us continue

>Thinks servers only server food for their job duties.

I'm going to stop talking to you Creepy Weirdos. Anyone with any Common Sense knows I am right.

You are blinded by the Makeup on the Whores Face. I have worked with Asphalt Layers who were paid $10/Hour to do actual work and they didn't sit here whining and bitching about not having Tips.

They didn't spit in my Asphalt when they got mad and I won't be paying your Spitting Insurance. I just won't go to Restaurants.

If completely clueless
physical gold/silver and sit on it for 10-20 years

Thinks manual labor is the only kind of "real work". Trades internet money for income.

I have no confusion of how Lazy I am. That's not the point. I don't confuse what I'm doing for Real Work.

The Real Work is people who get out there and get shit done in the Real World. Not this Service Economy Bullshit.

God you really starting to just sound bratty as opposed to funny at this point. The level of blatant hypocrisy. Get out of your bubble for a while man

If it's a service people want or need and you do it for money then it's "real work" in the "real world". That's how society functions. If there was not a want or need for it then the job would not exist. Do you know how capitalism works?

Creepy Weirdo. Hates people who do actual Physical Work. Thinks it is all the same.
Probably has Inferiority Complex from High School.

It's nice making this Easy Money on the Internet but the most Valuable things exist in Real Life.

The Decline of Wages and the Growth of the Service Economy are Highly Related. That is why Americans are getting a Haircut on their Wages.

Well basically these jews are printing hundreds of billions of fiat notes and your a fucking goy.

just cause you don't realize that being a moral man isn't chimping out like an autist when you have to defend why your cheap doesn't mean that you are knowledgeable
Implying asphalt laying is hard, have fun working the warehouse at 7.25 an hour with no insurance you fuckwit.

and those waiters that you think to be above get payed way more in tip than a cook, even working at a fast food drive in they would make an easy 40+ every night, after wages for the day. but guess what its WAY more trouble to waitress, dealing with coustomer, handling money, shit people and bossess, etc has a way bigger toll that you think, physical work only makes you exhausted, servicing is unnatural and will kill you mentally. Even at reduced pay compared to a server, i;ll always choose cook over server

Back to funny now lmao. I like the "Creepy Weirdo" tag, I think
I'm gonna steal it, make some t shirts and some $$ that I'll use to tip the next waitress rather handsomely for her work, good service, and attractive physical attributes

It's a bit of an oversimplification. E.g. my rent has been the same price for years. Dollar stores sell the same things for a dollar every year.

Finally someone gets it. You can tell which people in this thread have actually worked in the service industry or is close to someone that does.

are you really ignoring how moving off the gold stander made wages stagnate and blaming it on the service industry? do you REALLY hate waiters that much? that you'd ignore reality

I worked for Comcast for 2 1/2 Years on the Phone talking to angry Business Owners.

Didn't lose my cool a SINGLE TIME and treated everyone with complete respect.

I don't buy this "Service Economy is Hard" bullshit. It's fucking easy as hell. You people are just Autistics that can't talk to people.

>>comparing talking on the phone to working a restaurant at full capacity

That's right. Talking to Angry People on the Phone 8 Hours a Day for 2 1/2 Years is a lot harder than your Restaurant Work where everyone kisses your ass all day.

That's exactly right.

dude i've done the exact same line of work at the local teleperformance
sitting around in ac, while getting paid 10/hr(god tier in my shit part of america), only to answer phones? i loved that job so much it was the easiest i've ever had, way easier than, mcd, the driveins, or warehouse.
not losing your cool is ez mode brah, you get paid well to listen to how their life sucks in that moment.

service economy is hard because of the people that make it shit (the bosses and corporate)
if you ask me a deregulation of the system and letting the people do once again can fix it, but is going into economics

>>everyone kisses your ass all day
>>himself a prime example of the typical entitled asshole patron

Haha look at these people. MY JOB IS HARD. PLZ TRUST ME SENPAI. LOL no... your jobs are pussy shit.

Get real...

bullshit

who are you talking too?

Think you're all going to have to grow up if you want to make it in the Crypto Game.

The fact that you think Restaurant Work is hard shows you how separated from reality you are.

Until you learn to be honest with yourself about everything you will never understand how the Market works.

I look at Reality and see a bunch of Hard Working People. These 4Channers on Veeky Forums are not that example and so delusional they couldn't Trade Crypto anyway.

Welcome to the timeline where Hitler lost.
Hope you'll enjoy it, you are here forever

Oh no you're now too clearly a troll. This no fun no mo

Done don't trust us. Get your lazy fat ass out of your chair and go work a server job for a couple weeks. Be on your feet all day and take Shit from entitled people like yourself for no tip and enjoy your 2.13 an hour. Then come back and we can have a real discussion.

you gonna ignore that you think cushy tele jobs are harder than fast food? respond you sod, everyone can see your autism

we can tell he lost

Deluded and lost with Reality. Veeky Forums Geek thinks Restaurant Work is harder than dealing with Angry Customers all the working day.

Will remain Low Income Pleb until he can interpret Reality with a Degree of Accuracy.

Hahaha

Depends on how aggressive you want to be, if you want to play things fairly safe get a vanguard, if you want to be aggressive buy crypto, if you want to play it old man tier safe get treasury bonds.

Cash - 3-6 months living expenses in the bank.
Pay off all personal debts
Look to save for assets (bricks and mortar) with a mix of low medium and high risk investments.
And for the last 5-10pc left over you can play on the crypto markets.
My advice to you user is not to get in with that 5-10pc all at once.

One thing to remember about inflation is exponential
7pc per annum means with compound interest things double every 10 years
3.5 pc per annum means things double every 20 years.

Inflation is how they steal money from savers and give it to debtors.

Biggest debtors are governments.

It's bullshit that the governments best interests run contrary to the majority of the citizenry.

You're absolutely wrong. Yes they are paid less than minimum wage, but if the total tips don't exceed that the owner of the restaurant needs to make it up to them.

its bullshit, there was no inflation before fiat