Wow, I wonder how many more victims slipped through the cracks

Wow, I wonder how many more victims slipped through the cracks.

If they can find evidence for 20mil then I'm sure something more like 25mil must have perished.

Other urls found in this thread:

jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's just like McDonald's that tally keeps going up.

"Over one billion killed!"

It's just a, in some ways stupid, debate as to whether or not you should count deliberately executed PoWs as 'holocaust' deaths or whether or not they should be counted as a separate thing.

This is old news.

I mean. I know this is /pol/bait so no one cares, but, the findings aren't just 'HURRR NOW IT'S MILLIONS MORE LOLOLOLOL."

The study was the result of 13 years of research which painstakingly documented about 42,500 camps, ghettos, and other Nazi controlled centers; this included the death camps, concentration camps, forced labor camps, prisoner of war camps, brothels, 'care' centers aka euthanization enters, and so on.

This is in comparison to previous research which only included statistics from the known camps and ghettos, which tended to be the larger and more "productive" ones. When they first began the research they expected to find about 7,000 camps and ghettos total--instead they found documentation for 30,000 slave labor camps, 1150 Jewish ghettos, 980 concentration camps, 1,000 POW camps, 500 sex slave brothels, and thousands of "care" centers for euthanization and other medical killings.

That's why the statistic is higher. Because they're not just including people gassed at Auschwitz or who died from typhus at Buchenwald, but the elderly people who were euthanized at a "care" center, the Jewish slave laborers who died from illness in factory camps, the women who were killed or died from disease in a forced brothel, and so on.

For the /pol/'ers

>TL;DR

They're thinking of reclassifying those euthanised, slave labourers and women forced into sexual slavery into the general tally of the holocaust.

I'm not a poltard but you can't deny this shit is getting ridiculous. It was 6 million in high school, maybe 8-10 in Uni with gypsies etc and now 20 million?

Seriously?

Are they now including all the babies that weren't born?

You're a retard, or at the very least you weren't paying attention in high school. 6 million was always the Jewish figure. How high you go depends on what else you're including.

So, for instance, there were some 3.3-3.5 million Soviet PoWs that died in German prison camps. Do you count them as part of the holocaust? The question of whether you do or don't has a lot to do with your methodology and definitions, but doesn't actually change the overall death toll one whit.

The Gulf War killed 35,000 people.

The Gulf War killed 535,000 people if I include those deaths from starvations due to the sanctions that followed.

>Stahl: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that’s more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

>Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price – we think the price is worth it.

They lied about the 5 million of gentile deaths, they wouldn't possibly lie about the deaths of millions again right? One of the main experts of holocaust lore has committed holocaust denial of the gentile portion of the death toll.
LOCK HIM UP.

jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians

>I'm not a poltard but you can't deny this shit is getting ridiculous.

How is it "getting ridiculous" that the figures change when a decade+ worth of more research is done, almost 35,000 new camps and ghettos and other places (and therefore more death tolls) are uncovered, and those factors are considered when giving the total figure?

WE CANT HAVE RATIONAL DISCOURSE OMG MUH HOLOHOAX

>35,000+ new camps

Holy shit you are a walking meme. Tell me about the additional ten million dead you just uncovered too.

They'll claim 50 million by the time I'm dead

Because the numbers have been used for political purposes ever since the existence of the genocide became public.

>35,000 new camps
wew.

MUH 20 GORILLION

Isn't there proof of newspapers reporting exactly 6m deaths years before the war even began?

>The research covered some 42,400 camps and ghettos across Europe, and also included forced-labour camps and Nazi "care" centres where pregnant women were forced to have an abortion

Yes.

I didn't say 35,000 new camps. I said 35,000 new camps, ghettos, and other centers.

By all means, please provide an actual rebuttal to their 13 years of research.

Learn to read, dear.

>Isn't there proof of newspapers reporting exactly 6m deaths years before the war even began?

Nope.

>35,000

w e w

>b-but this study Tel Aviv university did!

They aren't including the abortion statistics as part of the death toll as far as I know, but they are including the babies who were killed after they were born as part of it. The centers that the articles are referencing also housed prisoners who were allowed to give birth, but the babies were killed after.

>sites euphemistically named “care” centers, where pregnant women were forced to have abortions or their babies were killed after birth

I suppose we won't know for sure until that volume is published. Or if someone asks them.

>b-but this study Tel Aviv university did!

It isn't a study from Tel Aviv university. What are you talking about?

Also

>Veeky Forums is not /pol/, and Global Rule #3 is in effect. Do not try to treat this board as /pol/ with dates

They'll be turn up another 2 million

one of them knew Greek and Hebrew cause he was an autist, made for some fine discussion but damn he unironically showed that movie.

The thing I don't get is why the Holocaust is overrepresented in American education.

I don't deny its horrors, impact, or numbers. But I deny that it must be crammed down every schoolchilds throat until they feel guilty about some Euros genociding Jews when we had nothing to fucking do with it. In fact we liberated the damn camps.