Name one soldier in history who fought on the front lines who was more tough, courageous and generally badass

Name one soldier in history who fought on the front lines who was more tough, courageous and generally badass.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhanbhagta_Gurung
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_Törni
newspapers.com/newspage/210520258/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

William Marshal.

>Tfw ywn be taking PoWs well into your 70s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard

R U D E L
U
D
E
L
Shame about him being a fervent nazi though

Jack Churchill.

He doesn't even have a VC, not bad but mainly a meme for his bow and sword.

very much this.

i completely agree
audie murphy takes the cake

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, he replied, "They were killing my friends."

There are many such accounts of heroism. Here's one, from the Victoria Cross citation of Bhanbhagta Gurung of 3rd Bat. 2nd Gurkha Rifles in World War II:

>On 5 March 1945 at Snowdon-East, near Tamandu, Burma (now Myanmar), Gurung and his unit were approaching Snowdon-East. His company became pinned down by an enemy sniper and were suffering casualties. As the sniper was inflicting casualties on the section, Rifleman Bhanbhagta Gurung, being unable to fire from the lying position, stood up fully exposed to the heavy fire and calmly killed the enemy sniper with his rifle, thus saving his section from suffering further casualties.[3]
>Again the section advanced, and again it came under fire. Without waiting for orders, Gurung dashed out to attack the first enemy fox-hole. Throwing two grenades, he killed the two occupants and without any hesitation rushed on to the next enemy fox-hole and killed the Japanese in it with his bayonet. He cleared two further fox-holes with bayonet and grenades. "During his single-handed attacks on these four enemy fox-holes, Rifleman Bhanbhagta Gurung was subjected to almost continuous and point-blank Light Machine Gun fire from a bunker on the North tip of the objective." For the fifth time, Gurung "went forward alone in the face of heavy enemy fire to knock out this position. He doubled forward and leapt on to the roof of the bunker from where, his hand grenades being finished, he flung two No. 77 smoke grenades into the bunker slit." [3] Gurung killed two Japanese soldiers who ran out of the bunker with his Kukri, and then advanced into the cramped bunker and killed the remaining Japanese soldier.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhanbhagta_Gurung

If you read through the citations of recipients of awards such as the Victoria Cross and the US Medal of Honour, there are thousands of stories as fantastical as these, because of the millions of men involved in war, there's always some that'll achieve the seemingly impossible.

Charles Upham

>badass
lmao fucking manlet

Holy fuck, he's actually Steve Rodgers

Many such accounts. Heroic!

Motherfucker joined the Nazis so he could keep fighting Commies, then joined the US Special Forces so he could fight Commies in Vietnam.

Medal of Honor
Distinguished Service Cross
Silver Star
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit (4)
Bronze Star (4)
Purple Heart (8)
Meritorious Service Medal (3)
Air Medal (3)
Joint Service Commendation
Army Commendation Medal (7)

He only received the MoH after his third recommendation for the award, that being three separate events.

Hol up

David.

Ernst Junger

>a 130 pound guy beats a 6'2'' guy armed with a .45 using only his fists
lanklets, when will they ever learn

Him and jack churchill definitely

Sauce?

December 12, 1946 The Times from Shreveport, Louisiana
"MOST DECORATED SOLDIER" SCORES WIN OVER ROBBER Dallas, Dec. 11 (P)
Little Audie Murphy, who was World War II's most decorated soldier, won another battle single-handed this afternoon when he subdued a six-foot, two- inch 190-pounder who apparently was attempting to steal his automobile. The Dallas Morning News reported that the freckled kid from Farmers-vllle. Texas, knocked out the 25-year-old man in a filling station Just south of the Collins county line on Highway 75 after a furious 10-mln-ute battle. Murphy weighs 130 pounds and stands five feet, seven inches when at attention. State highway patrolmen Everett Brandon and F. H. Jensen, who talked with the Dallas Morning News by telephone, said they arrested the man and lodged him In the McKlnney jail.
newspapers.com/newspage/210520258/

I would be Audie's gay lover no homo

What's your favorite Audie kino?

Pic is mine

I've only seen to hell and back but it was pretty good.

Dan Inouye

Asian American pls go.

I never got the impression that Jünger was particularly badass. He was a good soldier/officer but I don't remember anything heroic.

audie was hunting from an early age to feed his family.
thats probably why his aim was precise

it's fucking Johnny Rico