Why do they claim to be such a great mix of culture when vast majority comes just from the British culture?

Why do they claim to be such a great mix of culture when vast majority comes just from the British culture?
(Having a Irish/German/Italian ancestor 150 years ago is not a cultural influence}
Do they even realize how wrong they are?

Why do Euros get so assblasted about everything muricans do?
>Murcan says his great grand daddy came from Germany
FUCKING FAT BURGERCLAPS CLAIMING THEY ARE X FUCKING STUPID INBRED MURICANS YOU AREN'T GERMAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck off.

I'm just asking what lead to those ridiculous claims, that's all

Italians gave us pizza and Germans gave us burgers

checkmate

The eternal anglo name game, same reason the irish publicly say they aren't british when they are really a fifth anglo column against the continental's EU

probably because there were multiple immigrant waves to the United States at different points in time that significantly changed their ethnic nature you gigantic faggot

are biggest cultural century for most of our history New York war formerly a Dutch colony

>Why do they claim to be such a great mix of culture when vast majority comes just from the British culture?

nice claims, now lets see you prove them

British culture is the best culture.

>Why do they claim to be such a great mix of culture when vast majority comes just from the British culture?
>(Having a Irish/German/Italian ancestor 150 years ago is not a cultural influence}
>Do they even realize how wrong they are?

Because of the French, Hispanic, and African influences, which creates a unique combination.

>culture can only be diverse through skin colors

Retard.

show me in what ways the non-british influence survives then
cuisine is the obvious one here but I don't see much else

>culture can only be diverse through skin colors
dude I never said that
I'm from Europe and in Europe skin colour doesn't matter for shit (unless you're a gypsy)
I'm just stating how it is, not how I wish it was

Music.

>make bullshit claim
>no evidence
>"nah uh you have to prove my bullshit wrong"

glad to see your full of shit

/thread

I think euros vastly underestimate the recent immigrants to the United States. People being first generation/second generation European immigrants to the US isn't uncommon in the slightest, and we have a big ass population so duh we are going to have a lot of people identifying with other cultures/countries.

Most white Americans come from German stock, faggot.

All the Brit stock were too cowardly to move west and fight the prairie niggers, so they stayed on the ease coast.

british """""""""""culture"""""""""""

Louisiana Creole culture, Amish culture in Pennsylvania etc, the presence of Catholicism/Judaism/certain branches of Protestanism as relatively mainstream, entrenched religions, African American/soul culture (normally I'd just say "black culture" but the African roots are kinda the point here), espresso/coffee house culture, alllll the Hispanic/Latin cultural influence, the presence of ethnic enclaves (a surprising number still exist, though their populations are aging) in many major cities: Chinese, Japanese on the coasts, Czech/Polish in Middle America ... I could go on.

Look, dude, when people say that American culture isn't purely Anglo, they mean exactly that. Everybody there is well aware that our culture is MOSTLY British in origin. We're not unhappy about that. Our country's character has just been lightly shaped by a greater degree of outside influence than Britain has had -- well, until relatively recently -- which is why it differs in small but meaningful ways from contemporary British culture.

Europeans don't seem to get this: when Americans call themselves German-American or say "I'm 20% Greek" or whatever, they're speaking almost entirely about ethnicity. Nobody who claims German heritage thinks they're sexy or cool for having a vague connection with a country they've never even visited. White Americans identify above all as ... Americans, with their ethic "heritage" forming maybe 5% of their self-image. Never understood why that triggers Europeans so much.

>Europeans don't seem to get this: when Americans call themselves German-American or say "I'm 20% Greek" or whatever, they're speaking almost entirely about ethnicity. Nobody who claims German heritage thinks they're sexy or cool for having a vague connection with a country they've never even visited. White Americans identify above all as ... Americans, with their ethic "heritage" forming maybe 5% of their self-image. Never understood why that triggers Europeans so much.
This is what confuses me as a European. Most of the -german or -polish americans mostly call themselves that solely because of their ethnic heritage without having any connection to the culture (of course there are exceptions)
No one in Europe does this. In central Europe most people have some German, Jewish, Slavic, Hungarian roots but no one ever calls them by their distant ancestors' ethnicity, even Poles with name like Cymerman or Szulc or Frenchmen called Sarkozy.

wtf I love germans now

what do you mean?

The phrases "nation of immigrants" and "Judeo-Christian" basically didn't exist before the 60s. We proudly called ourselves "Anglo-American" and "Christian" before that.

>Judeo-Christian
Is that true?
Jews had a lot of influence even in the 20s, I though the phrase was older than that

How Connecticut and Massachusetts get claims around the great lakes?

because their borders legally extended all the way west to mississippi

I think you belong on int

Also, it's a mix of cultures because that's what it equates too, people from far afield settling a vacant land, giving name and form to it, each in their own way, but under a common law and charter established in the finest british traditions of equitable democracy and self determination.

Of course our history follows a natural progression from our shared inheritance with our British cousins, the history of the new world begins where that of the old left off.

This

in europe when you have an ethnic fixation outside the set culture there is war

It's because America and Americans are not defined by a single ethnicity like every single European nation is. It may be different these days with how global the world is, but if you go to France, a good chance the people you meet there are going to be ethnically french. Go to Germany? German. ect. If you go to the states, there is no way in hell to know what somebody is. We all consider ourselves American, but there is no such thing as an American ethnicity. I guess not growing up in that type of environment, it may be hard to understand.

>From British Culture.
Ok
>French Louisiana.
>Spiccy New Mexico, California, and Texas.
>German settlers taking advantage of the ties between Britain and the House of Hanover.
>Further titanic amount of German Immigrants dumped by an overpopulated 19th Century Germany.
Also
>No fun allowed religious autistic screeching.
>"British Culture."
>Inability to banter
>"British Culture."

>but if you go to France, a good chance the people you meet there are going to be ethnically french.
French people are none French than Americans are American ethnically
But Europeans don't do that because there's no point, when they speak about their heritage they speak about the last few generations they had contact with not some 300 years ago
>but there is no such thing as an American ethnicity.
Maybe but what about white American? That would make sense, wouldn't it?

> when they speak about their heritage they speak about the last few generations they had contact with not some 300 years ago
But that's exactly it. Most Americans are new immigrants. There are not very many people who can trace their lineage back to this country 150 years ago, let alone 300. On both sides, my grandparents came here as young children, or their parents were new immigrants. It's the exact same for most Americans. If we go back 2-3-4 generations, there is a good chance the family member's origins are not in America.
Maybe but what about white American? That would make sense, wouldn't it?
That would be considered race, not ethnicity.

>That would be considered race, not ethnicity.
And what is actually the difference between those two in american context? They are their own ethnicities. Whether you like it or not, being of german, french vs czech, british or whatever is completely irrelevant comared to white vs black due to perception and the way these groups do/

Why are Europeans so fucking retarded?

Where the fuck did they think everybody came from?

The natives in this fucking hemisphere are all RED people.

All the WHITE and BLACK people came from someplace else.

FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE

Thr fact that american is not an ethnicity so americans have to trace their ethnicity back further than euros.

I think you accidentally a word

I think it doesn't take a cryptologist to figure out what that word was supposed to be.

>That would be considered race, not ethnicity.

Not that other faggot but really is there a difference? "Race" is such a flexible category, it can mean everything from species to ethnicity. For a European, the French, Germans, British and Italians are all separate races, while to an American, anyone who is white is of one "race".

If the word is 'the' then the sentence is still wonky
And American can be an ethnicity, why not?

>For a European, the French, Germans, British and Italians are all separate races
Said no one ever in Europe
Everyone thinks that all European are white except the migrants and gypsies
Sure people can recognize the differences like height and bone structure but they aren't major and no one really considers them races
Stop believing /int/ memes

>Said no one ever in Europe

Except I AM a European, and this sentiment is common here.

where do you live?

you look at someone and you can just see they're a brit, or french, the central europeans get tricky, germans can looks like poles, and the like

Anglo American is the term, anything less is simply newfangled enemy of America speak

>(Having a Irish/German/Italian ancestor 150 years ago is not a cultural influence}
Except it is. Does your handler know you're on Veeky Forums right now?

Mongrel subhuman Americucks should be eradicated..They are disgusting