Poor man's Nostalgia thread

How low was BTC or ETH when you FIRST heard about it? How many could you realistically bought?
BTC at $7, like $700 worth so 100 btc.
ETH I found out about and was trading at $35 a couple months ago. I bought 10 with the money i had in btc and I was dead broke Irl

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/upcomingPumps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I remember mining Bitcoin with a gaming PC in 2010. I cry everyday

Bitcoin $14, could have bought ~300 but didn't understand its implications and thought too risky to invest in.

Forgot about it till it had that boom to 1200. When it crashed I thought about buying some, could have gotten 10 at the time.

Forgot about it completely until may 25th when i finally had a steady good income to buy shitcoins with.

i had a techie friend in 2010 every day nag me to buy bitcoins. He was like "man it's gonna be Huge!" and i was just like Fuck outta here with your weird online scam shit.

Almost put my 10k fund in it at $11. Felt it would never catch On, at least not to several thousand per bitcoin

Ended up blowing the 10k on a house I was basically obligated to upkeep. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20

Was threads on /g/ where people were giving away hundreds of BTC for photos of sharpie in pooper

Hence the name "buttcoin"

Tired of being poor? join this group for guaranteed profits - t.me/upcomingPumps

Heard about bitcoin at

Guaranteed profits - t.me/upcomingPumps

2010 I think, I feel like it was even further back than that though, like 2008.

/g/ posters were talking about crypto, I thought about buying $50 worth which was all I had before deciding against it. So much regret when I saw the prices years later.

still a good deal, 40 eth is great

BTC was $900.

ETH though, was only $20.

I kick myself everyday.

Thanks. I remember kicking myself over not buying $20 worth of bitcoin. I swear I remember thinking it would have bought me hundreds of them when I first heard of them. Didn't wanna kick myself like that again.

>there are women that are now millionaires because they stuck a sharpie up their ass
I love imageboards, this couldn't happen anywhere else.

I first discovered BTC when it was around 25 cents. I don't remember how/why - but I came across some kind of electrical hobbyist site selling transistors and shit for fractions of a bitcoin which got me curious.

I did some reading and despite a background in IT I remember thinking to myself: "This is the most retarded thing I've ever fucking seen. A bunch of uber nerds trading worthless shit for magic internet money."

Closed the browser and never looked back. Next time I heard about bitcoin was $500.

feelsbadman.jpg

First heard about BTC in autumn 2012 after a guy made a thread about them on r9k. I was transfixed after reading about them, I knew it was the smartest idea I had ever seen, I know that sounds like exaggeration but they are right up there with vaccination in terms of ingenuity. I think they were 13$ at the time, could only realistically buy $500 worth so I'm not too salty about missing out.

When I first heard about it? $5
Thanks 2011 /g/

>tfw was literally too poor to buy any

Knew about bitcoin as soon as it came out, but was young as fuck back then and my father wouldn't let me buy a pc for mining (I had one of the first guides on how to mine) and wouldn't let me even buy it with my own money. I would have had thousands of bitcoins....

That made me hate him even more.

Found out about BTC at $10, could have bought 3500 BTC
Found out about ETH at $20, could have bought 1200 ETH (I did buy 3 ETH, and gradually ramped up)

Heard about BTC on g and b, but ignored it
Friend asks if id buy BTC at 30 bucks, could have bought 100 easy
Bought eth at 16, buy DRYS and other meme stocks in january instead of buying more ETH

>btc was $0.05
>could have bought $20 of it
>could be in lambo heaven
Shame I was like 14 and didnt understand.
>ETH was $6
>bought $600 worth, sold at $20 later that year
>tfw now its $100+
Help.

btc - pennies

People used to give them away for free on /b/

eth - $15

I considered buying using 50% of my savings for some time, but choked and bought nothing. This was last year. When I got back into it recently I was surprised that eth was still only $10 in january this year.

When I first learned abut bitcoin it was literally considered a joke

Guess who's laughing now

I did actually set up a wallet back then and mined.

But I can absolutely not remember if it was 0.01 or 10 BTC.
Besides, I don't have the wallet anymore anyway.

Allah.

Sharing this story one more time.

>Be me.

>2009, hear about Silk Road from a friend.

>"Hey man, did you hear you can buy shrooms on the internet?"

>Decide to wire my textbook refund of $150 to buy bitcoins to see if this shit is real.

>Go to grocery store and set up Western Union.

>Chicken out at last minute because I'm paranoid of getting caught by the cops.

>Miss out on literal millions.

BTC some time in 2011. Piratebay got taken down again, I looked in to p2p DNS replacements and found namecoin, and through that bitcoin. Thought it could be big, but never thought about what success would do to the price. I found a faucet and figured 0.05 btc per click wasn't worth my time. Never bothered to install a wallet.

F E E L S
E
E
L
S

Bitcoin genesis block was 2009
Silkroad only launched in 2011

about $0.5-$0.45 a coin.
(yes i want to kms)

man i'm pretty new to this so when i came in BTC was $1200 and ETH was $50 back in April

what caused the huge crypto market surge in April and May? have they studied this yet or any theories? it honestly fascinates me that i came right before the giant boom

You guys need to stop kicking yourselves over not buying BTC when it was almost worthless.

You most likely did not understand the technology at the time and therefore didn't realize the longterm implications. Even if you did take the risk and sent real money to some shady as fuck russian exchange, you most likely would have sold once you've tripled your money, or gambled it away or bought some coke on silkroad. The amount of people who mined BTC in the early days and kept their coins till this day is extremely small.

I heard about BTC first in 2010 on /g/ and until the first Cyprus bubble I didn't even consider the possibility of buying it as a longterm investment. I've lost at least 10 BTC over the years, they were worth a few bucks at the time.

Its ok. Just get a couple of BTC now and hold with a peace in mind, because nobody can take it away from you and there's a solid chance you will buy a house for it one day.

And theyre probly too stupid to realise they have it

I always read stories where people almost bought 1000 bitcoins or they mined it but lost the wallets and shit.
Where are the people that bought/mined thousands of bitcoin back then, werent degenerates and are millionares today?

that's what my friend said about Ethereum when i told him to buy it. "why would i buy in at $50?" eventually he bought in at like $80 kek