Library of Alexandria

Howdy Veeky Forums

Remember a couple months ago when some user posted a thread titled "Library of Alexandria?"

Well I'm trying to get that started up again. I've developed a how-to guide for making your own collection to share and for downloading and reading items from the collections. Which I will Share below, along with a couple of collections. My hope is that some enterprising historian/librarians will create their own collections of stuff that interests them and share them with us.

My how-to guide to creating and viewing your own library
mega.nz/#!FvpAgZJZ!Xfx4XouW4LNHl6328EOORsYRsCN7_o0cY56nXFhVGl8

My .txt of a (very) few online libraries I have turned up
mega.nz/#!AnhxyaoB!HC1_SbBWbgN64pVZJ7AcBVDqcVAL7Vb8mAjKtVFh0do

My Personal Collection of mostly legal and constitutional stuff so far:
mega.nz/#F!oi42zIZA!BbeLbcpDzUwOxoYC7PJBHw

General History and Humanities:
mega.nz/#F!eB5mDCiL!H19t9YGBPd1EBsuTnZgk9A

Military Books:
mega.nz/#F!vF4SRbwQ!3ZHHS6U6ANqIGgcpOi6ehw

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!25YgTTIJ!qasLMuIYMd7vJ0Hm9EfGBw
mega.nz/#F!kiZl0Igb!fMBB963H3sxvs_okbK4Hzg
mega.nz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks good OP

I am very excited to start reading these military books. What ones would you recommend OP?

To be honest, there are literarlly so many I can't even begin to recommend some. If you go into the subfolder called Osprey, you will find a fairly short book on almost every military unit and/or topic you could possibly think of. I read War Elephants, Navy SEALS, English Longbowmen, Napolean's Navy, Napolean's Artillery and that is probably less than 1%. I also read a few of the books on medieval warfare and those were really cool. My recommendation is to dive in and see what you can find in there since there is literally so much.

Here is a link to another collection of war books which is largely redundant but you might find the organization easier to understand.

mega.nz/#F!25YgTTIJ!qasLMuIYMd7vJ0Hm9EfGBw

Bump

what are you interested in?

Bumping

For those of you looking for a very interesting and somewhat short read, I would highly recommend Dougal Dixon's Classic work of speculative anthropology "Man After Man" which tells the story of how humans might evolve hundreds, thousands and even millions of years in the future. This book examines both genetic engineering and naturals selection. In the same vein, Dixon's "After Man" examines how modern animals might evolve after a human extinction event.

Both of these books are extremely interesting and neither are oppressively lengthy.
I can't post the links here because I'm to retarded to get around the spam filters, but if you look at the .txt behind this link you'll find the two links. You can also google Sivatherium which is the online library that has them, its in fucking Russian though.

Fun Tip, Man After Man is the origin of pic related.

Link to the constitutional library is down.

I'm losing my vision and would appreciate any audio book collection that anyone has. Can anyone help me out?

>I'm losing my vision
shit sorry to hear that if you're being serious...

i've got audiobooks from the oxford american history series though that i can upload if you're interested

I am unfortunately. It's okay though. That would be really cool! Thanks

Thank you!

Here is a good link to it I think.

shit, here
mega.nz/#F!kiZl0Igb!fMBB963H3sxvs_okbK4Hzg

There are also a lot of good podcasts on history out there.

Try Revolutions, Hardcore History and In Our Time

Thanks!

Are there many epub or mobi amongst these collections? I'm mostly after epubs of compendiums of ancient texts.

>mega.nz
Its a shame that Osprey is so heavily focused on WW2. Its understandable, but some of their general [older ]history publications are top tier (have read Pavia and breitenfield recently and was looking for other major battles in that period by them)

>Military Books:
Same here. Though the general books on global strategy at the beginning look interesting.-

Different user, subbed to Revolutions and In Our Time.

Good looking out.

Every time I see a picture of a beautiful library, I can understand why someone wanted to see the Library at Alexandria burned.

???

bump

>mega.nz
Fuck that kike shit it doesn't even let you download more like 1gb per day without paying

I agree. Ruining all that collection of precious information.

You glorious motherfucker, thanks man.

Is there anything on strategy??