Could the Nazis have won WWII?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

Germany had a significantly higher chance of winning WW1 than WW2

Define "won" and also "WWII"

Yes had things been different.

I propose a situation in which russia and germany were 100% neutral in WWII, and neither attacked one another. Would Germany have won?

>Inb4 war wouldn't have started in the first place

If they had nuclear weapons

>Would Germany have won?

Almost certainly not. While they could have kept the Anglo-Allies off of the European continent more or less indefinitely, by the summer of '45, you're seeing nuclear fire over Berlin.

Wouldn't the war have ended much earlier if there was no eastern front?

No

What makes you think that? Germany has no real means of making a vital strike at Britian, let alone America, and the numerous broken treaties they made beforehand pretty much ensures that no peace offer of theirs will ever even be listened to.

yes
stupid fucking question

Sure.

But it would have required many, if not all, of the following boxes to be checked:
[ ] Great Britain surrenders
[ ] USA ends Lend-Lease program
[ ] Operation Barbarossa begins 3 months earlier
[ ] Strategic cooperation with Japan
[ ] Italian competence in Greece
[ ] Iran joins the Axis Powers
[ ] Turkey joins the Axis Powers
[ ] Stalin slips on ice and dies in 1941
[ ] Second Tunguska Event centralized over Yekaterinburg
[ ] Third Reich develops nuclear weapons ahead of the USA

The guy next door looks american 1910s president as fuck

1945 no
1943 no
1941 pretty much no
1939 it would be extremely difficult
1937 there would need to be a lot of effort, but it's possible
1935 changes in political, military, and economic policies and decisions would definitely help
1933 easy mode

the butterfly effect strikes again

>[ ] Operation Barbarossa begins 3 months earlier

Why would you want Barbarossa to begin in the middle of the muddy season? That's retarded.

>[ ] Italian competence in Greece

You really think a sideshow of a sideshow front matters in the grand scheme of things? Regardless of what Italy is doing, you're going to need to deal with Yugoslavia, and that means a Balkan distraction.

>[ ] Iran joins the Axis Powers

You do know that Iran was overrun in 1941, right? Easily, I might add.

>[ ] Third Reich develops nuclear weapons ahead of the USA

Even if they develop them, they have extremely little reach to get uranium to manufacture them, and practically no delivery system. V-Rockets can't carry that big of a payload, there was almost no effort given to strategic bombers, and you'd have enormous trouble getting them through Allied air superiority anyway.

What you really, REALLY need is a political framework that would have made it possible to parlay the initial successes into lasting concessions.

bruh, the list was a joke. I'd have thought inclusions such as Stalin falling on his head or a meteor hitting the USSR would make that apparent.

the point is that the only way you can explain a German victory in WW2 is by altering fundamental aspects of the conflict/belligerents or introducing absurd and dramatic wildcards. it ends up being wildly speculative and 100% inane, which this thread will undoubtedly be.

Wow this

Holy shit I think I my neighbor might literally be Hitler

Ah, my mistake. I've seen individual ones of those often enough seriously advanced to think you were in fact being serious.

If they could agree to peace before the nukes start coming out. They probably could have taken Russia if it wasn't from all the help the UK and US sent.

>They probably could have taken Russia if it wasn't from all the help the UK and US sent.

Unlikely. Even before you get into issues of timing (pic related), people don't quite grasp the issues of scale involved. Lend-Lease to Britain was around 3 times the total dollar value of Lend-Lease to the USSR.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

Britain had a smaller economy on top of it; and nobody's suggesting that Britain was in imminent collapse mode without being saved by tides of Lend-Lease.

anything before 39 has Germany wrecked by France and England.

It just hadn't re-armed enough yet