This guy wants to pay me via check on a Craigslist listing and offered me 50 dollars for absolutely no reason...

This guy wants to pay me via check on a Craigslist listing and offered me 50 dollars for absolutely no reason. How do I not get burned? Should I just tell him to fuck off I mean he didn't even check to make sure it works first.

You should do it, ive done this all the times with craigslist people. They are businessmen and dont have time for anything other than check sometimes.

Does he let the check before pick up is that what happens? He can't like cancel the check after pickup or some shit?

It's a scam. I don't remember how it works exactly, but you can cash the check but after he reports it or something you're liable for returning the money to the bank.

There's a warning about this exact scam somewhere on craigslist. I think I saw it in the email from them.

Kek thanks man the 50 bucks should have tipped me off I guess greed blinded me. I told him to fuck off

>Ted Ruze

Kek I probably shouldn't use this email for Craigslist they probably think I'm the scammer

I've seen this before on my CL posts too, it's a scam

100% a scam. Do you think someone would send a check (for more than the asking price) to some stranger on Craigslist and then trust that the stranger would actually give them whatever they sent the check for? I have been using Craigslist for years and have seen this type of scam several times before

Next time give them the name and address of an FBI agent in the white collar crime division

I am increasingly convinced the only use for personal checks in our modern world is for scams.

(Exceptions made for people like my 89 year old grandmother who thinks personal checks are still cutting edge but also thinks I'm her brother sometimes and gets angry about "President Bush" sometimes.)

Wow, I honestly didn't know that. So if I cash a fake check I could end up having to pay it. I had no idea.

I mean, I've had to write a personal check to a landlord once because my rent was a day late and I wanted to get him the money then and there instead of waiting for a bank to transfer it to him

Nah i deposit straight to my bank first

Checks are still the only no fee method of payment for both buyers and sellers other than cash.

Payment processors are barely legal and they charge what amounts to usury in order to transfer money.

Crypto currency is no better considering I can deposit a check and have 0 fees.

I don't mind the tiny fees incurred by crypto. Bitcoin is a bit much, but everything else seems reasonable.

pajeet nigger chink scamming you detected

THIS.

This. Am lawyer fag. Oldest trick in the book. Study your payment systems. It takes time for a check to loop through the banks. When it comes back as a bad check, he's gone and you're on the hook for the amount.

Look out for other bros. No lulz to be had over watching bros get scammed.

top kek