Meg: "but what is there to believe in without God?"

Meg: "but what is there to believe in without God?"

Brian: "that's what we're here to find out, and the real answer is better than what we can conceive"

What would happen if the world became athiest? Have there been societies that have become fully athiest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lLnDy9Mjbnc
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/god
youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas
youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM
youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM
youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg
youtube.com/watch?v=XbLJtxn_OCo
youtube.com/watch?v=bj0lekx-NiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
youtube.com/watch?v=xnBTJDje5xk
youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0
youtube.com/watch?v=U_WdGjv8QK8
crisismagazine.com/2015/atheists-dont-exist
letusreason.org/apolo7.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Have there been societies that have become fully athiest

The Soviet Union, China, Nazi Germany, Cambodia, Iraq... noticing a pattern?

No more babies
The human race would die out

>Nazi Germany
Why do you lie?

but family guy said it would be like this though youtube.com/watch?v=lLnDy9Mjbnc

No morals, no love for your fellow man (mudslimes aren't human), not a place I want to raise my kids.

>mudslides aren't human
wew lad

>become fully athiest?

What does that mean? That there is not one religious person in the whole society? Of course that has never happened.

If you mean the way the society is organized being secular, then of course there are countless examples, e.g. the United States.

Shut up libcuck.

>Braindead normie popculture garbage on my Veeky Forums

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>What would happen if the world became athiest?

Healthcare would be seen as a right, and would be greatly increased in funding and availability.

Sounds like a statement of faith on Brian's part.

Conversely, getting rid of the biggest drains on the system comes to be seen as logical, even righteous.

Wouldn't happen, there would be lots of fedoras but ultimately God calls his chosen, those would believe in a god whom gave them a sign.

Iraq and Nazi Germany weren't atheist, Saddam was a Sunni Muslim and in Nazi Germany atheists weren't allowed in the SS.

>Brian from family guy
He's literally just a character used by Seth McFarlane to preach his liberal beliefs onto people who don't care for it.

People were still religious. Not as open oc but still religious.

Yes, and the results have been over 100 million dead people.

>What would happen if the world became athiest? Have there been societies that have become fully athiest?
"Everyone used to believe in God" is only a meme. There were plenty of tribesmen who didn't believe in Gods, only in spirits, which isn't a religious thing.

Hitler killed in the name of God.

What's the dividing line here?

No, a desire for the Sacred, the Holy, or God is an innate part of human existence

Well it's logical that atheist societies would be shit considering that having the ability to accept reality is a necessary characteristic for an atheist and if someone is completely ready to accept reality they will admit that life has no objective value. This doesn't make atheism an inherently bad idea, it just means that it tends to go hand in hand with other beliefs that tend to be destructive.

Hitler killed in the name of Darwin and theory of evolution.

Are you thick or just American?

> a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/god

You misspelled 'God'.

>liberals are leftists
>Seth McDonalds is a liberal
wew lad

Is the distinction between atheism and irreligion important? For example, there are countries where most people are irreligious (Czechia, Sweden, Estonia), but may believe in some kind of supernatural power.
Commie states were atheist, but not because freethought and freedom of choice were encouraged. It's more like the communist ideology was some sort of surrogate quasi-religion.

>Brian: "that's what we're here to find out, and the real answer is better than what we can conceive"
Yes, because God cannot be conceived. Fucking fedoralords thing generalizations are somehow amazing.
Why is that a good thing?

Do you actually have a dividing line or just slapped down a statement and hoped no one would ask you to elaborate?

Once you stop believing in God, the state becomes god.

This, to be honest. You only get socially compatible atheists when they ape pre-existing values and make up some personal kiddie religion for preserving their feefees.

>religious mentality literally cannot even conceive of the ability to not crave authority

>It's an "Atheists get BTFO" rerun

>Worst Objection to Theism: Who Created God?
youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ

>Digital Physics Argument for God's Existence
youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas

>The Leibnizian Cosmological Argument
youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM

>Quantum Physics Debunks Materialism
youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM

>The Introspective Argument
youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw

>The Teleological Argument
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg

>What Atheists Confuse
Part 1 youtube.com/watch?v=XbLJtxn_OCo
Part 2 youtube.com/watch?v=bj0lekx-NiQ

>Is Atheism a Delusion?
Part 1 youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
Part 2 youtube.com/watch?v=xnBTJDje5xk

>Atheists Don't Exist
youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0

>170 Million Dead | The Reign of Godlessness
youtube.com/watch?v=U_WdGjv8QK8

Atheism is a mental illness.

crisismagazine.com/2015/atheists-dont-exist
letusreason.org/apolo7.htm

You repost this multiple times per day, nigga no one watches these, at this point you are sniffing your own farts.

>nigga no one watches these
Correction: you don't watch these, but plenty of others do.

Does it make you upset that atheism is nothing but a shitty teenage phase?

>Atheism is a mental illness.
What about obsessively reporting these exact same images every day? Is that a mental illness?

>but plenty of others do.
Of course when I call you out you are are forced to pretend like people care to justify wasting your life doing this.

Once again, people in the communist countries didn't stop to believe in God by themselves, religion was just totally eliminated from their lives. Although the supposition that everybody was an atheist in countries like the USSR is false. Many people still attented churches despite that it was made highly unfavourable by the state.

Frankly both sides are guilty of this.

I am bringing people to the truth.

It seems like you're just butthurt that your belief is being challenged and exposed.

Veeky Forums is not your personal safe space or hug box.

I don't see any daily youtube link spams by athiests, it's strictly this one creationist dude who thinks he's saving anonymous souls or whatever.

Like what, never believe in anything?

I'm just pointing out to your face that you are an object lesson in cultish ranting.

Bullshit. I don't see the non-religious on Veeky Forums just spamming the same shitty links again and again, while saying "theists BTFO!" or something equally as banal.

I mean, never believed in anything since the dawn of man.

I am tired as fuck.

Without organized religion it wouldn't make much difference, most people would behave like rural Chinese.

If people totally abandoned any speculation about their soul/spirit/sentience and any "spiritual" beliefs and the like there would be a lot more people who completely abandon morality.

I watched a few of them. What's the point of ignoring your opponents, and spouting your ideals if they will do the same?

I don't mind someone posting one source while explaining in their own words what they found compelling about it for user's to discuss.

Spam linking is just shit tier.

Do you believe if I spammed 100 hours worth of Youtube links to biology lectures and what not that guy would sit there and watch them all?

This is a free flowing discussion forum I'm quite happy to watch Youtube videos from people that don't agree with me, even Creationist ones, but I can find them with a simple search, spamming them on Veeky Forums is not an argument.

I disagree with your worldview, but not with this position. I find the posting of videos to be counter-productive. We're here to engage in an arena of ideas. If we wanted to be watching videos, we'd be elsewhere doing so.

If you can't argue the points of the video, don't bother posting the video.

You're free to watch any of the videos you like.
No one is forcing you to watch them all.

I provide libraries of information, you can pick and choose.

You're welcome, my fedora friend.

Hopeless, despondent dirt farmers ranked 123 in the world in terms of per capita purchasing power?

Sounds kind of bleak.

China and Japan get made out to be more atheist than they are cuz ignorant folks tend to slot Chinese Folk Religion and Shintoism under atheism, due to the lack of a central divine power. Taking that into account, those two nations are religious as any other. China endorses CFR, and, officially at least, promotes freedom of religion, but doesn't let communist party members retain affiliations with any organized religion.

Estonia, on the other hand, is a majority atheist nation by choice and not by misnomer. There are a handful of nations with close to that percentage, but Estonia has taken particular cultural pride in that fact, and is indeed a nation, at least attempting, to revel in radical scientific progress.

Even Estonia, however, is not majority Atheist, but majority Agnostic. Of the two thirds of the population who say religion plays no important role in their lives, more than half of those still believe in the possibility of higher spiritual powers.

It's worked out okay for Estonia, though their reliance on cutting edge technology has caused them some problems. It wasn't too long ago that they started to make a transition to a direct democracy model through the internet, and got themselves hacked right quick. Russia has been known to screw with Estonia by hacking it on a regular basis. The few religious folks that remain in Estonia, not surprisingly, tend to be ethnic Russians.

>The Soviet Union
Stalin was ordained by the Orthodox Church, which was officially recognized by the Soviets as a state sponsored religion.

>China
Chinese folk religion temples, CFR temples everywhere.

>Nazi Germany
Christian as fuck, banned atheism and secular schools.

>Cambodia
95% Buddhist.

>Iraq
Fucking sunni muslim government under Saddam.

Perhaps not an argument, but it is educational. I agree he likely should compress the information in the videos into 1 video though, for example, a summary.

But the point is the same, he's not justifying his spam by saying "People do watch it", because people DO watch it. You're just so conceited you don't want your opponent to educate people on their bullshit.

Stop trying to justify your autism.

>>Nazi Germany
>Christian as fuc

Catholic. 30% Catholic.

Not Christian.

*rolls eyes*
Whatevz you heretic. Catholic as fuck then... Not in any way atheist.

I could find just the same library of information on Youtube with a two word search and I have indeed watched Creationist videos in the past.

If you have a Youtube clip that has influenced you then make the argument in your own words so people can discuss it with you, feel free to post the clip as well if anyone wants to look further into it.

Thank you.

>If you can't argue the points of the video, don't bother posting the video.

I couldn't agree more.

the majority of the world's population are already that poor

As long as you understand the difference.

How are Catholics not atheists? Do you agree with their contention that Mary is God?

>Perhaps not an argument, but it is educational.

I'm sorry that you can't use the internet.

Ever think there might be a reason for that?

Ever think that maybe peoples' worldviews matter?

Is this real life? These articles are complete fucking drivel. Have you even read these?

Why spend an entire hour writing a book on a Mongolian cave painting website when you can just drop 1 link that says everything for you?

The point is arguments, regardless whether they are written or watched, no matter what medium. Video or infographs, etc.

The reason people link videos is because they don't have the time or motivation to write entire blog posts. If you can refute the arguments presented in the videos they post, then you are refuting them. That's the point.

Some subjects are just way too big to type about.

At least read what you're typing.

I don't personally give a shit. If they believe Mary is God they are by definition not atheists. They make up 80% of the world's self-proclaimed Christian population, so when it comes to an outsider's point of view, they are kinda the authority on the subject, whatever the remaining 20% of the cults (the bulk of which are Orthodox) may say.

I don't make the rules here. I just give my opinions. If you post a 60 minute video, and I watch it, the people who were discussing the matter are long gone, or the thread is archived.

I like to answer people, not questions. People don't always know why they're asking the questions they ask.

> Atheism is a mental illness
Yeah... Like that one *delusional denial of communism* mental illness that was diagnosed in USSR.

It was provocative, was it not?

And yet, have they not in fact deified Mary? Claimed she was immaculately born herself? Claim she led a sinless life? Claim she ascended into heaven without dying? Claim she is the mediator between man and God? Claim she can hear and answer their prayers?
Claim she is the "Queen of Heaven" and the "Mother of God"?

Does not like beget like?

Does not Jesus claiming to be the Son of God invoke the wrath of the Jews for claiming to be God Himself?

Would not Mary necessarily need to be God in order to be the Mother of God?

No, this pernicious Babylonian Mystery Religion needs to be exposed. It's been hiding behind the skirts of Christianity for far too long.

Nigger, this is a fucking forum. Discussion takes place through text. If you aren't prepared to type then you have no business being here.
Imagine going to a theatre to not watch any films.

The cult is the one in Rome, and they are only the authority on their own traditions.

If by provocative, you mean so self-contradictory and retarded as to make efficient bait, then yes, it was "provocative".

This is a forum, not a chat box.

Threads usually don't disappear within 24 hours.
This isn't /v/ or /b/.

I understand that you'd rather want to engage with people, but eventually sources and links have to be brought up as assertions and claims are made.

Studies have linked it to psychopathic behaviors and autism. You know, scientifically speaking.

Psychopathic in that there is a profound lack of empathy in people self-identifying as atheists, and autism in that autists have a very difficult time personalizing God.

Which of the claims do the Catholics not profess? If you'd like, I can show them to you in their own catechism.

>How are Catholics not atheists?
>Their contention that Mary is God
Do you know what words are?

I find that threads I post in are archived on the same day. Perhaps your experience here differs.

Yes, they reify concepts.

If you believe a dead woman can hear your prayers, are you not deifying her?

Grass is purple, not green.

Prove me wrong. But don't post links or videos, I want YOU to prove that grass is green.

>See where I'm getting at?

Okay, let's say you land on a planet where 90% of the population worships Marlek, and calls themselves Entar Marlekians.

Meanwhile, a tiny fraction of the remainder of self-proclaimed Marlekians, who call themselves Bulfor Marlekians, say that the other 90% of those calling themselves Marlekians are actually Vorlakians.

Seeing as you are not a Marlekian or Vorlakian yourself, who are you going to turn to as an authority as to what is and what isn't Marlekian?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

There are societiesbin which the government endorsed atheism but ultimately they didn't end well. Brian's spewing utopian fantasy bullshit tailored to foster hope in a hopeless universe.

Some grass is purple. Some grass is green.

Proofs are for mathematical problems, not real life.

Leaving aside the fact that we're speaking on an invisible being here, one would think that pictures would suffice.

Cuz no one wants to watch videos of grass growing.

So you believe the logical fallacy of ad populum.

Not uncommon.

I have different views. I believe that the truth is the truth no matter who or if anyone believes it, and that lies never become the truth no matter how many people believe them to be true.

There's a huge disparity here. The colour of grass is not a philosophical matter. There are no arguments to be had. The matter of God is different. It is holistically philosophical. The only thing to be had is arguments. So basically, nut up or shut up.

>who are you going to turn to as an authority as to what is and what isn't Marlekian?
myself?

When coming from outside, there's no truth to be had, it's all a matter of opinion, so ad populum isn't a fallacy at that point. It's a popularity contest to begin with.

You're literally telling me that the larger population of unknown beliefs must be right, because they're larger.

That's literally the fallacy.

Both groups could be dead bang wrong on the truth.

Except there is no truth.

It is like asking which girl is the best girl in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, if you've never watched the show. If 90% of those who have watched the show say Willow, then ya gotta go with "whatevz". The 10% who say Anya are clearly the weird outliers.

That's your position. I don't know if you're the same person from the thread yesterday of the same theme, but objective truth is easily proven.

Because "There is no such thing as objective truth" is self-refuting.

There may be objective truth, but not on this subject which is entirely a matter of unprovable opinion and belief. Just different people with different allegiances to different fanfics.

Neither Willow nor Anya are real. But when the Anya fans say that the Willow fans aren't really Buffy fans, despite the fact that they are outnumbered by said Willow fans who claim they are Buffy fans a hundred to one, when one doesn't give a shit about Buffy to begin with, one tends to give the majority the benefit of the doubt, as there is no truth to be had on the subject but opinion.

The existence of God is not up for debate, and not influenced by opinion.

If you cannot figure out there is a God on your own, and you cannot listen to people who can, what hope have you? That the universe is a meaningless random accident of time and chance?

What hope is there in that?

Bitch, do you have time to learn the 19,999 passages of Marlekian cannon and all the vedicts and sumbals and rattic debates that go along with? There are High Nardics who have spent hundreds of their years learning this shit inside and out (each revolution of Marlek Prime being longer that twelve Earth years). They've fought wars and committed genocides over this shit, and built thousands of ancillary religions and sects over various minutia. You ain't got time for this shit, you got other planets to visit. Do you really give a shit if some 1% offshoot of the planets central religion claims than 90% of the population has it wrong? Do you even care why? I didn't think so...

> The existence of God is not up for debate
Of course it isn't. God doesn't exist.

>The existence of God is not up for debate, and not influenced by opinion.
Bullshit.

More importantly, this isn't about the existence of God, this about who is right about the nature of God. The mainstream or some fragment of the remainder. Boths sides claim they believe in God, there's just this tiny offshoot religion that claims that main religion is lying about it. Whether you believe in God or not, if you aren't of those two factions, that claim seems rather inconsequential. If you don't believe in God, utterly so.

...And it isn't chance, it's inevitability, and it is man that determines meaning.

It doesn't matter which claims they profess. Your "provocative" statement was essentially, "These don't believe in God, because they believe in God."

North Koreer is atheist.

Ani Ting Wong there?

No, they are not. North Korea's official religion is Chondoism. The primary party is "The Party of the Young Friends of the Heavenly Way". Under said state religion, the Kim dynasty and all its descendants are divine.