The free market will fix everything!!

>The free market will fix everything!!

>The state will fix everything!!

I take it you agree and are displaying your right to bear arms as a celebration of freedom?

>Collectivism will fix everything!

Name one (1) thing the free market can't fix.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

name one thing it HAS fixed

Extreme poverty among developed nations.

Free market wins again baby.

Extreme poverty among undeveloped nations.
Extreme poverty among developed nations.

>Extreme poverty among undeveloped nations.
All undeveloped nations will become developed nations one day.

Name 1 (one) reason to believe they won't.

idk, shit triggered my autism.

Niggers

>black and white thinking is useful in real life!

Homelessness was lowest in the UK in the 1970s while we were still a mixed economy

YOU HAVE NO LOGICAL RESPONSE, YOU ONLY HAVE /POL/-TIER ANSWERS

FREE MARKET WINS AGAIN BABY

THIS RETARD LITERALLY THINKS THE UK DIDN'T HAVE FREE MARKETS IN THE 1970s HOLY SHIT

>Extreme poverty among developed nations.
>implying that wasn't welfare regulations and unions

Externalities. Prisoner's dilemma style suboptimal results.

Monopoly power, larger firms could partake in a variety of activities to force succesful competitors out of the market by sitting on a reserve fund they can dig into while lowering their price far below the production costs.

Right, let's say i have "fucktheworld inc", and i make very efficient factories that also create huge carbon emmisions that severely hurt the living standards of my workers, and genernally push the costs of making a factory that doesn't spit shit into the air, i am able to make more stuff due to the costs i have put upon society of having to clean up my bullshit, meaning that i benefit from a negative externality, a demerit good (massively polluting energy production) is created much more than if my costs were to accuratley reflect the cost put upon society, inversely, merit goods are going to be underprovided, even if "let'snotfucktheworld inc" makes less polluting energy, he's going to make less as his private costs are going to be unreflective of the costs he's taking on for society by increasing the supply of a merit good.

I only asked for 1 (one).

Itself

Okay, the free market fails to provide an optimal spread of resources, the primary goal of economics.

Sorry that 1 (one) doesn't count. You are not disqualified from taking part in this discussion.

>not
now*

Too late, he is now not disqualified, you must answer.

fuck. well I think that perfection is unreachable therefore capitalism is not at fault for not being able to reach perfection. it's like saying capitalism can't prevent the sun's life from ending millions of years from now... it's obviously true but so what?

BEcause the purpose of any economic system isn't to prevent the death of the sun but optimally spread out resources among a population, if it fails to do that then it's a bad economic system, there's a reason that all economies today are mixed (and yes i mean all bar black markets or ungoverned shitholes like somlia) sensible regulation and treatment of externalities creates an economy better suited to do it's job.

But you're missing the fact that mixed economies don't optimally spread out resources either. That is what I mean by you holding free markets to the standard of perfection when there's no reason to be cause that problem isn't solved by anything else either.

Free market economies simply cannot account for externalities, the offloading of costs onto or from society, mixed economies can do this, any ammount of meddling in an economy makes it mixed, and my standard of "perfection" is a system that doesn't allow an uneven spread of resources and uncompetitive markets created by a lack of willingness to prevent monpoly domination, it's a political viewpoint, but competition in the market is vital, and free markets have no mechanisms to keep it beyond hoping that monopolies will not abuse their power and economies of scale to push competitors out of the market and set prices for the consumer.

Your Pepe has shit trigger discipline. Trash.

Take a basics economics course this is totally wrong

State what's wrong with it, i'm studying economics.