USDT

So what happens if the BTC price crashes or if it forks on august 1 and I've got all my crypto saved in USDT?

>crypto backed by dollars

Why not just keep your dollars? Whos the dumb shits that think crypto backed in hard assets is a good idea? Even worse, crypto backed by fiat, thats sage worthy.

Why not just keep your dollars?
Because taxes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't BTC going through segwit instead of hard forking?

You are correct but OP is a bit slow

USDT WILL MOON CUZ ALL PPL WILL DO THE SAME IT WILL TRIPLE IN PRICE BUY AND HOLD USDT!!!!

He thinks cash is an asset

a safe store of value when trading on an exchange.
why cash out and pay the tax man when you can just temporarily store it in USDT at a small loss.

That was the point.

Just use the Bitcoin Doubler service!
1KKEb2F4YKmkrNGWubof9zgiobHpD6KJ4t

You have to pay the taxman either way

But it isn't.
That's my point.

Take an ECON class, user

holy shit it works!

Thats the point dumbshit.

while you faggots are wasting money on other coins I'm making a killing by buying low starting coins for short term profits. Right now korecoin is super hot and just went up 400%. This will prob hit $20-30 by tomorrow.

>Implying we dont have Kore

From what I understand segwit could very likely cause bitcoin to fork. It's not a soft fork like lightening.

Recent ominous tweets from prominent bitcoin evangelists only enforces that line of thought, I think.

damn i sent my ETC and now i am out of ETC :(

guys this is not a drill it works

boy, you will be in for a treat once it gets hammered through your thick fucking skull that all trades are taxable, not just the ones going to fiat. not even going to try to convince you, just hire an accountant.

segwit =/= segwit2x, segwit2x is the hardfork if I'm not mistaken.

plus there will be nodes signaling BIP184. plus once segwit2x is activated people may refuse to raise blocksize. there's a whole lot of shit that can go wrong and th only thin that's happens is ~80% has verbally said they'd signal segwit2x, but 90% of them are crooks and liars.

LOL k.

yes yes report your decentralized trades and gains to the IRS be a good goyim.

it's not like crypto was created for this very reason