Is it worth investing in ARK and why?

Is it worth investing in ARK and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

explorer.ark.io/address/AaPN5Sr4duPrwXX3E6smeQ7GfnXNaUPUCq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Long term yes, the team has some interesting ideas which could be huge if pulled off.

People that bought at 50 cents will say yes

People that bought at 1 dollar will tell you it's a scam that ruined their life

people that bought in at .75 cents will be completely indifferent to life

50 cents here and in ARK pool. Feels pretty comfy

It is. Really solid coin with a bright future

It was just mentioned in an article on the front page of the New York Times as well

Nice quads.

>Aiming at mass adoption, as evident by their super sleek and easy to use wallet. They also plan on producing physical cards in the future.

>Lightning fast block time of 8 secs per block

>Uses Delegated Proof of stake, meaning delegated nodes voted by everyone with a stake in Ark run the network

>This means you can stake your coins (via voting for a delegate) without running the wallet 24/7 and can access your funds with just your passphrase from any wallet.

>Large international team working on the project with expertise in all areas

>Bounty rewards for freelance developers who help contribute to github

>Developing smart bridge technology, which will allow for communication and transactions across different blockchains I.e. send ARK and receiver gets a payment in ETH

>Solves the bloat problem of other projects like Etheruem by having side chains.

>Great community, one of the most enthusiastic, friendliest and helpful I've seen in all of the cryptosphere. Seriously check out the slack channel.

>Support for many different programming languages, which opens it up for lots of DApps being built on the network, perfect for interacting with the Internet of things.

>Fantastic marketing team & networking, as seen by the number of AMAs they have hosted in their slack channel with teams from other projects

Really? Have you got a link to prove this? That would be amazing publicity if that's true.

It's going to stay the same price for a while. That said, I'd recommend buying a decent amount, forgetting about it and coming back in two years. If this project succeeds, it would be a fundamental part of the crypto world.

Ark is mentioned in the 4th column

This was in today's issue

If you're interested in Ark, buy low and HODL hard.
Make it no more than 35% of your portfolio though.

bought in at 75c

- Their slack is active
- they answer questions and arent user devs
- they are recruiting developers from their open - source github projects
- the team knew each other before starting
- they got 30 mio. in funding
- head dev worked for NATO and comes from the Lisk project
- whales have been accumulating ark because it is a passive income machine
- project is still young but a different startup already licensed their tech
- they are hosting events (just a few days ago they sponsored a hackathon)
- devs hinted at a lot of proprietary shit that no one else is allowed to know, lots of behind the scene things
- active community that creates content fot it
- project is aimed at easy of use, already proven by their design of the wallet
- project aims to fix scaling issues that blockchains like ethereum suffer from
- project aims to make it easy for everyone to create their own blockchain which can interact with other blockchains -> goal is to be a platform rather than just single purpose
- project still very young

These are all signs that tell me it's an active project, one that has room to grow and I doubt it will go bust soon.

That's pretty cool. That must have been the guy who got scammed during the TokenCard ICO that they interviewed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was. The article feels a little bit negative towards the lack of regulation though.

major bag alert

DYOR and DD
short term gains: ride the waves
long term gains: moon by Q3 if everything goes according to the plan

75 cents here, I'm HODLing for life (or at least a year).

Yup, been filling it since 22 cents and will continue to fill it for the next few months.

Bought 55 at $0.84. Only a novelty position desu, if it rockets awesome, if not whatever.

I'm investing and holding purely because of that faggot who roams these ark threads and spreads pure unwarranted FUD

buy under 27000 sell at 30000

rinse and repeat it will do this for ages

who here /below30cents/?

Me

Bought in at $.25 and more at $1

Any shot this coin ever hit $10?

yeah, pretty good odds at 50/50

Maybe 100$

Try $100

If they actually do what they plan to

>0.00011502
I'm jelly as fuck, see you on the moon.

>most existing blockchains would need a hard fork to be compatible with ark smartbridges

FKN DROPPED

>mfw it hits $100

That sounds way too optimistic to be a reality. $100/token means Ark would have a market cap of almost $13B! Doesn't sound realistic desu

what the fuck does ark do? seems like one of those overly ambitious projects that go nowhere. been reading in their whitepapers and couldn't understand shit. anybody care to shed some light?

For it to make it into the top 5 today (which I think is the upper limit of realistic) it will need to reach $20.
If that is the top I'm not going to bitch about $200,000.

ETH market cap: $31 billion

user you're acting as if this money isn't going to be pouring into this shit over the next 5 years
Ark might get a market cap of $13 billion but by then Eth and BTC might be in the hundreds of billions

Hello Arkies c:

What day of the week does Veeky Forums payout? I think I've only gotten it once and since then I've pumped my wallet to receive a bit more next time.

Mondays

Do you actually expect Ark to reach ETH market cap levels? I have nearly 10k Ark so I'd be ecstatic but I am also somewhat realistic here

how the fuck are all these shitcoins even different from eachother

theyre either all the same or theres enough difference to point out so lets cut to the fucking chase already

Monday's late afternoon

Ikr, everyone is so short sighted, acting like the Cryptocurrency marketcap is never going to grow or something... over the next few years it will be hundreds of billions & if it achieves mass adoption we'll push into the trillions.

Monday

>80% in ARK
You are off to a good start now hold on for grim death.
As for biz payouts they are weekly and the last was on the 20th so two more days.

Lmfao this is going to be the new satire for biz. It'll be interesting to see where biz goes after it's fully understood that nobody can trust anybody here anymore.

Is that supposed to suggest that I short it on the next pump?

Maybe I'm overly hopeful because I own a lot, but if they're hitting all their goals by late 2017 then it's going to explode.

I shorted a coin with a lot of potential once...

>mass adoption
>cryptosporidium
That will never happen. That being said, I'm holding ark for a year

Holy fucking shit dude

At least you have a possible chance at redemption now

I keep seeing you post this
how have you not killed yourself yet

Because I also keep posting this, I started with $20 and have treated it like $20 to this day. That way I never stress and I actually laugh when everything is crashing because I can buy so cheap.

Any idea how they plan on implementing physical cards? Their white paper mentioned using Plastc is out of business?

I imagine it would just be passive RFID just like every other card but they were talking about putting a physical switch on the coin which is easy.

*switch on the COIL

ark newfag here. just downloaded the ark client. how do i join the biz ark group or whatever?

find the biz delegate and vote for them

>click vote
>search delegates
>"biz"
>submit vote
>profit
It'll cost you 1 ARK to vote and really isn't worth it if you have under 100.

buy some Ark, put it in your wallet, vote for a delegate (This costs 1 ark)

its asking for passphrase?

What's with the 1 ARK cost to unvote? I would have voted for the biz delegate but its not worth it since I have so few coins.

Also, will strip for ark

AL8bpqrLtFU4Npqy6k3NcCbZ6KWmHjoLX5

enter you're passphrase. hope you saved it

It's to discourage manipulation of the delegates when 1 ARK is a lot of money.

ohhh fuck im a retard lmao. yeah got it. officially in the pool

>we're all gonna make it

fuck i just noticed i got a vote refund from jarunik. feels good collecting interest

Word of warning mate, put that passphrase somewhere safe, alright?

Also biz is working for now but if it gets much more popular it won't be worth it and we'll need a biz2

IMO Ark has easily the best wallet out of all coins.

see you'll want to keep multiple copies of your passwords. I've got 4 USB drives and a sheet of paper with my wallet passwords.

That passphase is your wallet, etch that into fucking stone.
I know you will think I'm joking but I have stamped mine into steel plate so it can survive anything.

>I have stamped mine into steel plate so it can survive anything.

Post pics ;^)

I shouldn't laugh but I did.

xD xD xD huge fans here

Oh my fuck

Is this OC?

>expecting a dinosaur industry like newspaper to not be negative towards an unregulated market

And I thought that I had gone overboard by buying a fireproof safe to stick my ledger and passphrase in.

I just voted for the biz delegate. Is the page supposed to be blank even after voting? Do I have to do anything else to get counted in the payout?

explorer.ark.io/address/AaPN5Sr4duPrwXX3E6smeQ7GfnXNaUPUCq

check if your adress is listed under voters

I love how the devs focus on giving the right things priority

Gives me faith in the project.

Even though DGB is just a meme shitcoin, I have to admit this is pretty funny.

Just keep it away from any jet fuel :^)

Hmm not there. I just voted today about an hour ago so maybe it's not updated.

I bought at $1.1. Still in red and cool here. ARK is one of the biggest projects out there. Just hodl and wait a couple of years.

Q3 this year is not long term. Long term starts at 1-2 years. This coin is long term.

did your vote get burned? i dont think you did it right.

check your transactions page for a type : Vote and -1 total.

I meant by Q3 that it will demonstrate to the market how the team are doing, an indication of things to come going forward, which will definitely reflect in the price

What am I looking at here?

nigga if you're gonna wait 1 year mind as well invest in reddcoin

That shits gay

Jesus Christ that is fucked up

Maybe. Been in since 4 cents so I'm just gonna ride the gains (hopefully).

I figured out that my pass phrase was screwed up and just fixed it so mine is in for 53.9. I also see my address in there. Thanks man, I have faith in ARK.

Damn, nice user.

How much do you have?

Is it still worth being in the biz pool? The amount of Ark in the group is huge

Kill me now