Who here owns a piece of Veeky Forums?

Who here owns a piece of Veeky Forums?

I have a signed German arbeitsbuch from the 1930s
I also have an original German stahlhelm from WW1 that was rusty and had a bullet hole in it when I got it but being the stupid kid I was I de-rusted it and painted it grey

I've got a silver cigarette case my great grandfather was given by his CO for saving his life during the Somme.

Well there's all kinds of antiques lying around the house (old books, old maps, a sword, an Italian WW1 helmet, various old items),there's too many things to count because we kept our ancestors' things as well as buying more at flea markets.
So here's an interesting item, the pic is not mine but it's basically the same; I have one of these contraptions. After the war, many German helmets were collected because their shape was perfect for shoveling dung.

top kek, but from this point of view it looks more like they´ve mixed plaster in it

Well it has many uses. Ours also has concrete on it.

Bullets from Gallipoli

An arrowhead form the Bronze age

Why aren't you jailed for this possessions yet

We don't all live in 1984-tier countries, user

I want that

My gramps got some medals for fighting on the German side during WWII. He lost his right arm to an artillery grenade somewhere in the caucasus mountains. Unfortunately, the phone with the photo of his decorations died, so I can't supply any OC.

>those perfectly clean, probably never worn pieces

lmao just lol

I have an armband and a belt buckle that my great uncle pulled off of a corpse

got one of these with my change the other day
I believe it was in George S. Patton's pocket as he rolled into Berlin

The only cool historical thing I have is this picture of my granddad from WWII. He was in the royal air force

good bloke

It may interest you to know that he was actually Irish. The factory where he worked (in Ireland) was laying people off, but they said they'd keep a job for him if he enlisted so he did.
He fought in Italy and the middle east and was stationed in Malta when the war ended.

did he move to UK after war because I know the Irish considered many Irish who joined the British army deserters

Not the guy you replied to but I think that mostly applied to ww1

No, he didn't move to the UK after the war. He stayed in Ireland. He kept quiet about his service and no one ever bothered him. Hell, he never even talked to me about it.
Actually the "deserter" thing applies to WW2. Many soldiers in the Irish army deserted to join the British army. They were seen as deserters because, well, they were.

No idea when or where but its rusky and it used.

There's a 19th century bajonet laying around at my grandmother that looks exactly like this
apparently they're almost worthless