No one is starting a thread so here we go

No one is starting a thread so here we go.
Feel free to discuss, ask questions, share profits, tips, and other information here.

Other urls found in this thread:

whattomine.com/coins
whattomine.com/coins
proudminers.com/tools.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Every decent graphics card sold out
>Can only mine on a R9 380 @ 21Mh/s
>Making $3/day

Feels bad man

I'm not doing much better at around $5 a day. I have a third card, but I'm running off my main desktop for the time being and it won't fit without heat issues.
Does anyone know of any reliable PCI-E riser cables?

OP, can i mine with a 512mb graphic card? What coin should i mine with my card?

Yes, 3rd worder poorfag here who does not pay for energy.

only irrelevant shitcoins, and considering your card is 512MB it's way too slow even for those
ETH for instance requires 2GB of VRAM, soon to be over 3GB

I heard that difficulty gets exponentially harder, so the income from it gets reduced, is that true?

Would that make buying a current gen ASIC/GPU miner depreciate, or should we wait for a new gen of miners to come out?

I also hear that PoW is becoming less popular with many coins (such as ETH) going to Proof of Stake, so in the future mining for many popular coins will suffer the same fate. Making the equipment useless.

you would probably spend more on electricity than you'd make mining with that card. If you want, download NiceHash and see what sort of profit you'd get.

Yes, this is true. Income will decrease over time because of difficulty.

The good thing is that at current prices a GTX 1060 or 1070 can pay for itself in about 45 days or so. RX cards are pretty much impossible to find unless you are willing to spend 2x their retail cost.

Remember that you can always sell a GPU if it becomes unprofitable. Ebay is your friend.

Thanks.
I will not pay for electricity.

just don't delude yourself into thinking you'll actuall earn anything at all, considering your ancient hardware, and that you'll be unable to play anything, if mining with gpu

I have 3 pcs with no use and i don't pay for electricity, anything i make is good enough.

So what do you guys recommend mining?

Should I get a pandaminer or a BTC asic? Pandaminer seems the most versatile and can yield the most profit.

BTC Asic yields less profit and you can't switch to another coin it seems.

>GTX 1060
>45 days

More like 100-110 days, but if the coin your mining goes up, sure.

Anyone get in on coins in their early stages and mine them for a few days? I got my eye on Sumokoin right now. Obviously you are mining at a deficit for the time being, but if the coin goes up..

where are you mining, i can get me a 1080 in 2 months

I have the same idea, mining it with low difficulty may be very good and I don't lose anything because I don't pay for electricity. Is there a good undervalued coin to mine with gtx 1060?

I was making $7 per 1080 till the ETH scam came crashing down and all their fucking miners started deluding my Lrby pools. now it's $5 per card

Go down with your ship and get the fuck out my pool you ETH normies RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

zcash/hush at 330 sol/s on 6gb 1060, you?

Whats should you mine with a 1070? Getting around 510 sol/s max oc with equihash algpo, havent tried anything else yet. Will ETH be better for me?

>there are people in this thread who stress about what to mine every day.

Just turn on NiceHash and mine what the fuck ever and get BTC

whattomine.com/coins

Pick your 1070 on the list and see for yourself

Does it even make sense to still get in on this? It seems like it takes at least 3 months to break even. Calculators are good and all but does anyone consider taxes and exchange fees for getting fiat? Isn't it a safer bet to just buy the coins and hope they go up instead of the equipment? I also keep seeing people say that you can just resell the card latter, but wont the market be flooded so prices will be low? Also who will even wants to buy your shitty mining cards once you try and sell. This seems like a cool hobby project, but as far as an investment it seems too risky.

I'm with the same specs as you. Did you increase the core clock? If yes, do you think It can damage the card in the long run?

running +225 core and +700 mem @ 80 power limit

>Also who will even wants to buy your shitty mining cards once you try and sell.

Paid £199 for it 7 months ago, mined the shit out of eth

forgot pic

I understand that now it is perfectly profitable. I was just looking at reddit and some guy bought 44 1060 yesterday. And wanted to see what someone with experience thought of it. Seems like unless there is another ethereum he is fucked.

Kek. Tbh setting that shit up is going to be so much fun, totally worth the money. Even if gets 0 profit.

i BOUGHT 1 RX480 6 MONTHS AGO.

i'VE USED MINING SHITCOINS TO CREATE 10,000 DOLLARS IN POSITIONS IN VARIOUS COINS AND HAVE MANY STAKE COINS AND ALSO THE OBVIOUS HOLDINGS

BUY MINING RIGS NOW

All you poorfags buying 1060s and 580s. I'll be over here with my 5 1080tis making nearly $50 a day on Lbry.

What miner do you use?

>using the least energy efficient cards

>lying to strangers on the internet

I run 6 rigs right at a gigahash on Eth. I can't complain too much. Already passed ROI, so now it's just printing money.

Without dropping in some new 240v breakers and lines, as well as a new AC unit, I've pretty much hit my cap on rigs I can run from home.

How do you determine if your mining rig is going to outweigh your power consumption?

Equally important, are their recommended resources for learning more about crypto/mining?

Math. Determine power draw for the rig with a watt meter. Calculate daily usage based upon $/kwh from your power bill. Use a calculator to determine your approx daily yield from your miner.

What's the best miner/algo for nvida cards?

Windows drivers suck for nvidia. I run Ubuntu on my rigs with any version of Claymores miner for the coin I want. Claymore does good work, but hes a greedy fuck that builds in a devfee skimmer. 1-2% of your mining goes to him.

Nofee scripts are a nice thing though.

I have an old HD 6950

is it ok to mine with the GPU installed into the Motherboard? I heard the PCIe slots can get burntout doing that...hence the riser cables. I have been mining DGB but I'm hesitant to leave it running all day long.

Are those the only variables one should calculate?
If not, could you clarify the others

whattomine.com/coins

you're welcome.

>all these brainlets mining at less then 30Mh/s per card
>tfw just finished building a 7x1070 mining rig
>tfw its dual mining at a whopping 216Mh/s for ETH & 2880Mh/s for SIA
>tfw made the ultimate mining rig

ask away.

Would a 1200W platinum PSU be enough for a 1070x6 rig?

Could you elaborate a bit?

>Dual mining? Got any tips for a dual mining rips?

Which pool? Have you checked if 1 coin mining is better? whats your daily income per card?

nice job, shame you're about a year too late.

Do you thing this "next ethereum" is ZCash? Monero?

Look at this proudminers.com/tools.html

How is your electricity set up? All the outlets on my house are on two breakers, as in there are two different ~20 amp circuits to run everything that's plugged in. I'm fucked aren't I? By my head calculations I could run one 6-card rig, then things start popping if I vacuum or something. I guess the kitchen's on its own circuit.

Yeah, it's about perfect. I think you have around 15% unused capacity with that, if your cards pull 150w apiece. A 1300w psu would run a shade better, apparently they like being at 75% capacity best.

What are crypto coins?

its a big topic, your gonna need to be more specific

Daily income for the whole rig right now is $33 since ethereum dropped in price, might switch to zcash

people have been saying that its too late since early 2011, for bitcoin sure, but theres always going to be some profitable altcoin to mine.

oh and i forgot to brag about the best part, for all that amazing hashrate, my rig only consumes 930w from the wall.

Got any links for these nofee scripts that work on win?

I know how to set it up on linux

i was just about to get into redirecting the devfee to work for me instead of claymore, i've seen people do this, instead of disabling the devfee they make the devfee work for them, not sure about how yet.

Did you flash the bios on the cards to change the clocks and volts?

There is a tool called nfqsed for linux, that can do pattern match and modify network packets.

So you just do for example: nfqsed -s/

No i didnt, i'm using nvOC, its ubuntu with some scripts and miners pre loaded, real easy to mess around with the clocks and voltages in there, no need to flash the bios.

my average memory overclock for the cards is +1700 and +200 for the core, running them at 120w each.

>brag
m8

Thanks bro, i had a feeling its something along those lines.

Thanks, saved your post for info. I'm just starting on the frame of my first rig. I've been mining eth with my single 1070 for the last month, it's been fun playing in the markets. If I'm lucky and do this right, in a few years I have a second retirement, or my mortgage goes away. Even just some better tools in my garage would be cool.

I personally ran a 20amp double pole (240v U.S.) with 12/3 romex power cable. Nothing else on the line.

5 rigs on that pulling 800w OC'd (4000 watts out of 4800 possible gives me a nice safety buffer) and my last rig on a standard 120v outlet that my fans run off of.

If you're allergic to electricity and fire like most other organisms that I know of, I recommend consulting a professional electrician before any major upgrades are considered.

Anyone have experience using a rig with wifi?
Once I start Claymore it just crashes my wifi dongle, I'm thinking about just buying a 60ft ethernet cable.

My motherboard didn't come with an ON button, so now it's sitting doing nothing. When I get one, plug in a flash drive with LINUX and boot it up?

Check the manual, find the two pins you attatch a button two, and touch them with a screwdriver or something to short them. Do it carefully though, just in the mean time until you get a button.

I have 6x gtx 1060 but only 4 of them are showing up when I run it.. any idea why?? i have 1200w power supply so i know its not psu

Hello Veeky Forums
I just sniped an rx580 to couple with both of my AMD 7850s
I also bought an EVGA G3 850w gold PSU to be able to run all three cards
Currently I am making about 1.50$/day on one 7850, about 3$/day on two

How much would I be making with all three of these?
I can't wait to run the RX580 8gb and see the profits. I aim for 10$/day currently.

What is the best miner everyone is using? I use nicehash and I mine my CPU as well which makes me shy of 0.5$/day

This is ran at my girlfriend's apartment which she doesn't pay electricity, but either ways electricity is 0.06$/kwh here

Short power pins with screwdriver.... come on now...

Also, if you are not using spare drives to mine burstcoin on your mining rigs well..... GG NO RE.

What can I get out of a gtx970?

16 mhs stock, 20+ OC'd. MAYBE 22 if you have good VRAM.

Only thing is, you have to turn on the setting in Nvidia control panel "optimize for compute". You MUST do this for 9xx cards.

Have to check for a bios update for you mobo. Some boards only introduced PICe riser compatibility for 4+ cards recently.

PCI risers are also notorious for being shit quality (card thickness well below normal tolerances) so you might have to check for play in your risers and see if any gaps are causing your cards not to populate properly.

I am actually going to directly insert them into the PCIe slots
I have 4 of them on an old 2nd gen sandy bridge motherboard.
I heard bandwidth doesn't matter at all.
I'll be putting the 580 on top and both 7850s underneath it and run 4 fans sticking on the inside of the side panel to cool them off
Case: coolermaster HAF fulltower

Jesus, so many noobs.

1. Dont buy any mobo not already tested for 6 cards.

2. Youll need to install drivers first and THEN reboot and enable 4G decoding/mining mode to add more than 4.

3. Might also need to set PCI express to "Gen 1" as well.

I always install 1 card at a time, it may be time consuming but it is by far the best way to go about it. You can easily pinpoint issues with either the GPU or Riser. Ive already had 1 bad riser and I caught it quickly.

My apologies user, that was meant for the comment above yours.

Other than that, it sounds like you have a good starting setup. Hope mining works out for you.

um ok sweetie, pics of your lambo first

Fuck you!!!I just finished my 3 year of university and wanted to buya cheap 1060 now i cant find anything.I WANT TO PLAY GAMES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

damn, I didn't know about that option. Thanks user!
To all anons here, I had some issues with Genoil's miner detecting my GPUs but found a workaround. Add this to the command: --opencl-platform 1