Mining thread?

So I recently built my first rig. Running 6 RX 580s. Super bummed about ETH switching to POS becuase my returns are nice. What are your takes on zcash for any miners out there? I'm thinking about getting into that as my next coin. I own a bit of GNT so maybe when it releases I can have a rig for that serpertly. Also mining general

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1792180.0
ghostbin.com/paste/45hva
t.me/beyondmars
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>have 470
>hash at 19-20
>try to bios mod, fail the first time
>don't want to brick my card
>do more research, find a premodded bios
>finally get the balls and flash it again, success
>tweaking settings on trixx
>get card up to 27.9 hashes
>go to bed while cards running
>wake up a minute ago with card failing shares for the past 5-6 out of 9 hours.
>lower trixx to 26.4 hashes
>lose 10-20% hashing power per hour

Is there any way I can win?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 6 shares 24 minutes, devfee made 2 on top of that.

GOD DAMN IT WHY DOES MY SHIT SUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

are you running claymore on linux?

running claymore dual with eth only on win8.1

I have no idea what a stable clock range would be for this shit, 1150/1980 crashes every time i close the miner, and was the setting that got the fail hashes as well.

heh, i could have helped with the devfee part (i patched it out on my linux miners)

anyway, try overvolting ram a bit, it helped for me, although i still get ~1% in invalid shares on my 4xx cards.

how do you edit out dev fee

What do you mean by this? the cards ram or the computers ram?

Seriously new to this, only been mining around 2 days at this point. should have started last year when I got my card.

i mean vram. i'm running at 1050, not sure if just pure luck but it looks like it improved.

i'm an experienced reverse engineer and i simply deobfuscated the miner, found code handling it, and disabled it by editing the miner.

what's that mean in non-nerd listed steps

essentially a modified version of the miner.
I did not share it yet, although I am thinking of publishing it.

post it faggot and make sure you put your address somewhere

Which coin is the best to mine?

right now probably eths, if you can ever get the piece of shit mining.

Well i tried to sync in geth but failed so far
Also downloaded ethminer
any good guides

google ethminer.

I wonder how long until this piece of shit starts to lag like fuck and fail shares again.

Not sure if LARPing but there is publicly avaliable tool for avoiding devfee. I have about 500 mh/s of hashrate, and using this adds about 12mh/s worth of hashrate to the pool.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1792180.0

when I try nodev it completely stops my successful shares.

I think claymore did something in his dual miner so it fucks you.

ok, you convinced me
make sure you're running version 9.5 and that 'gdb' is installed then run this (while miner is running)

ghostbin.com/paste/45hva

So i use ethermine.org?

looks like that's old and actually keeps the devfee, just makes it go to you rather than claymore.

mine actually gets rid of it entirely and works on latest version.

Why does this just hang!? I have a 950 GTX. Anyone know how to magic it good?

Is there any benefit to getting rid of it ? If devfee mines to my own address isn't it the same as not having devfee in the first place ? I'm always looking to optimize my earnings if possible, please explain.

I'm up to 8 shares every 9 minutes which is fast as fuck compared to what I was doing.

Can someone tell me what Watchdog is and will it help with my shit crashing and failing shares?

literally go to reddit for etherium and click the bar on the right side that has the guides.

I use ethermine.org as my pool though.

if that's when it just first starts up then its fine, if its actually hanging for more than a minute your shit is fucked and idk what to tell you since I dont have any intel.

i mean, i honestly don't know
it may have some performance benefit

also you wouldn't be running some guy's miner, this is a very simple runtime modification (easier for me to prove that my code is not malicious, since i am literally just editing like 11 bytes in claymore's miner).

Also there is a chance that devfee mining fails, and it will put miner in nofee mode. unlikely but can happen and will cost you 2-3%

dumb noob question, but how would i go about editing the vram as you suggested? I know that claymore asks to set a 16gb limit but I thought that was only for multiple cards. Do you use watchdog? what does it do?

You gonna post it or just here to brag? I'm using the NoDevFee public program as well and would like a clean edit that strips it out.

I have left it for over 10 min and it just hangs there :(

I can get the fucker to mine, but only if it's not pointing at a pool...

Alright, in that case is there a chance you could make your workaround also work for a windows client ? Or is it more complicated than that ?

that ui is absolutely horrendous

polaris bios editor lets you do it, just save your vbios, edit and flash. there's a section in PBE with various VRAM clock speeds and mV, alter mV.

i already posted it, check the thread lmao.

i dunno, i personally only run linux on my mining operation so have no personal interest in windows. i may end up doing it if i have time, it should be straightforward

just so you don't have to reread everything,

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i went up 10 shares in 12 minuntes.

Now i haven't found a share in 9 minutes.

is this shit normal or is my reee justified?

does that take care of the performance reduction if devfee is disabled?

yes. i'm running it on my 4GH/s op and i lose nothing

Currently mining ZEC on 3 x rx 480 8gb with claymore zec miner, windows 10. Waiting on risers from china for the other 4 slots on mobo.

Hashrate at the pool is between 800h/s to 1.2kh/s

I have been mining zec for a while because I feel like the price has been a little more stable, work is being done to use ZEC over ETH network, and alphabay is supposed to be adding it in the next few weeks (july I think)

It also seems to consume quite a bit less power than ETH mining, but ymmv

Waiting on risers here too, bought on ebay but didn't realise they were coming from China. Have to wait till July.

I don't think mining GNT will be very profitable, but who knows, we'll see. Right not ETH is still the king, but soon it will be better to switch to ZEC or other coin. If you want some holding and pumping actions join us on t.me/beyondmars

87 shares in 3hour 14 minutes.
it's shit, but i guess it will average out, and my shit hasn't crashed yet. 27.8 Mh/s

Just started mining with my 480 with NiceHash.

Someone convince me that I am doing it wrong.

Mine Zcash, flip that shit for BTC

Nicehash is so inconsistent and buggy that I've found mining altcoins that are profitable is a much more solid investment strat.

Zcash is apparently good for nvidia cards.not sire if true or not

I flashed my BIOS a while back and got the miner working. Was getting around 24MH/s and then my computer crashed. Now my GPU is not detected at all. Any advice?