Credit Score

What's your credit score, Veeky Forums? Any tips when it comes to getting to 800+?

>>who's got the most good goy points

>not crypto

sage

do i even have a credit score if i've never had a credit card? never had to get a credit check

Yes. The score isn't going to be zero, but it will be low. Assuming you don't have any hospital bills, college debt, etc then it's probably in the 500s to 600s.

>probably in the 500s to 600s.
cool, thanks

Just pay off your credit card immediately after spending. Banks will jizz themselves over your common sense. Might take a while but your credit score will grow.

TLDR: Just don't be retarded

I want to get off this ride

What have you been doing?

Creditfueled cocaine splurge in May?

I used to work for capital one, dont do this. Just learn when they report your credit to the credit bureu (just a single call will do) and pay before those days. The thing is that if you buy and pay right away the bank wont increase your credit that much. Im not saying that you should start creating interest btw, you still need to pay in full.

crypto is one hell of a drug

I checked my credit report - there was a medical debt there from like 5 years ago that said I owed something like $300. I disputed the validity of the debt and Transunion removed it from my credit report. Curious what the hell the June number will be

Anyone here have a better good goy score than me?

i didn't know tokencard gave credit scores

Be white and act white

t. 808 score

I don't get how people have lower than a 700 credit score.

All you have to do is pay off your credit card.

Fucking retards

people get fired and miss bills and stuff user

sometimes they even get sick and can't work for a couple years or even the rest of their life

shit happens

maybe mostly dumb dumbs, but not always

~760. Would be above 800 if I was older.

Laughing at all the retarded NEETs calling it a good goy score. Good luck ever getting that Lambo (insurance is tied to your credit score too) or a house.

680, I have my balance over %50 on my only credit card most of the time and it still goes up. Probably because I make a couple lump sum payments each month instead of paying minimal each bill.

>not paying everything cash

If I never a mortgage, I can just have my parents cosign :^)

tl;dr only debt slaves care about this

What's your opinion on a Credit Newbie using a Secured Credit Card to build up a Respectable Credit Score?

790 here, and not no CreditKarma meme score. I have hovered in the 800's, but just bought a home. There is honestly no benefit anything over a 740.

780, I played with numbers trying to get it over 800 on a tool my bank provides and about the only way I could see is if I had a mortgage and I don't want to own a house. Even if I make it to lamboland I plan to live off a boat instead.

710 for me. Only debt I ever had was a student loan that I paid in full. Everything is excellent for me except available credit which is 0. I guess my good goy points would go up if I get a credit card and never used it?

>ITT: Kids with no credit who think they'll never want to finance an expensive purchase
Lmao

OP, no one gives you an award for an 800, if you have a 750 or better you're pretty much trustworthy anywhere. As far as tips - using a cc is the easiest way to improve credit. The important thing being PAY IT OFF as much as you can. No minimums. Maximum that is sensible for your situation.
This doesn't have to be immediate, if you're comfortable then drag it out, show that you can hold debt for a while and still reliably pay it back.

Only if you make purchases with it and pay the full amount each month.
A really simple way of building credit is to pay 200% of the minimum payment. Even if you never miss a payment, paying just the minimum can hurt your score over time because it might not be enough to cover last month's interest.

850 master race reporting in.

two things you can do to get started

(1) secured card

(2) get parents to add you as authorized user to really old cards if they have them (google which companies will report authorized users)

after you do those two things, you should be at about 690-715 score with no prior history. now you can get some intro real cards like discover cash back.

give that 6 months, you'll be at 750 and you can start getting the yuuuuuge sign up bonus cards ($500-$1000 value per sign up). get a new one every couple of months for 5-6k free income per year

you are FULL RETARD if you are doing anything other than 100% paying your card off every month

20-30% interest rates are obscene. anyone carrying a CC balance is empowering banker scum and siding with the enemy.

Do you ever get card offers in the mail? Sometimes I nearly puke. Rates can go as high as fucking 300%+ if you pay the minimum. Slimy

I'll just move to New Hampshire. No insurance required :^)