What do you know about Nordic history? Is this accurate?

What do you know about Nordic history? Is this accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xBcJZ3-cJKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretty much. Denmark and Norway eventually came to their senses and stopped. Sweden kept the tradition going until early 18th century.

Denmark really is the best of the Nordic countries

Iceland master race!

>Sweden kept the tradition going to the 18th century

What does that mean? Were the Swedes a bunch of savages until the 1800s?

but the Swedes still practice homosexuality to this day

>frihetstiden was good

No, it means that they chimped around like megalomaniacal niggers until Russia knocked their teeth in and put them in their place.

If you ask any Nordicboo about Nordic history, they'd probably shrug. This is how stormfags see Swedish history
>there were vikings n shieet and then... um... and then... there was like... a king or something... and... like this guy who did something... um... and then gustav vasa and then MUH KARL XII MUH CAROLINES [singing sabaton lyrics fanatically] and then we were like cucked n stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=xBcJZ3-cJKc

Tbf remove vikings and add in shitload of faggotry and that pretty much is Swedish history in a nutshell.

If somebody is talking about Scandinavian history and they don't mention the Kalmar union then you can tell that they're a pleb.

>schwedentrunk

Centuries later and the Germans learn to love poo.

>I don't know about the Second Schleswig War.

Scandinavia didn't have books until they adopted Christianity and the only historic records are runes. Because of this most scholars consider that Scandinavia was still in the prehistoric Iron Age until the 10th century. Most of the things we know about Vikings come from Anglo Saxon recordings anyways. So you see, this guys were basically Africa tier until they decided to embrace the one true faith in the 10th century. Pretty fucked up.

gutta, hvorfor liker ikke Veeky Forums oss?

It should be hvorfor ikke liker. Google translate is shit m8.

jeg er norsk da

Ah i see, my bad.

I'm an aussie living in denmark and it looked like danish from google translate.

Does norwegian often have the words backwards conpared to danish?

Veeky Forums er fullt av angloer og annet pakk.

no idea if im going to be honest but what you said sounded wrong in norwegian. i wouldn't really know, i focus more on understanding what the eternal danes are saying instead of their grammar

Trodet är massa syd europer och engelsmän som gråter. Sad !

>no idea if im going to be honest but what you said sounded wrong in norwegian

Yeah weird. I just thought it was danish because i could read it but 2 words were the wrong way around so i just assumed it was english translated through google translate into danish.

What is that map of? Looks like a map pf the danish empire?

the north sea empire, after cnut the great managed to conquer england and norway

>tfw we lost our chance to conquer england

Yes, in fact they got MONGOL'D from 2 sides, by the Mongols and Slavs in the east and by the fucking Inuit in Greenland.

>Sweden has a superior democratic tradition than Denmark
>Denmark has a history of Bering as bad in war as the Italians
>their peasants were slaves until the middle of the 19th century
Remind me, why is Denmark so great?

It's the least Nordic of the Nordic countries.

I had an advanced undergrad course on Swedish historical geography. It was quite interesting to learn how the church created a centralized trade and organization network and how the reformation allowed the kings to seize land owned by the parishes to strengthen their power.

>their peasants were slaves until the middle of the 19th century

Source? Serfdom was abolished in Denmark in 1788.

The part about being horrible at war is true though.

I'm a paki who was born and raised in Denmark. I know nothing about Danish history except that they were Vikings and protestants. Someone enrich me.

how did they civilize so quickly?

We wuz Kalmar Union and sheeit.

"ikke liker" is wrong in both danish and norwegian.

They didn't. Scandinavia was a poor irrelevant shithole way into the 19th century. They think they're top shit now because of their current wealth but forget about 99% of their history where they were just impoverished peasants.

An serfdom was "abolished" in france in 1789. Stop being a presentist bellend with muh human progress memes.

Great Heathen Army, the Danelaw, North Sea Empire, Valdemar the Victorious, Northern Crusades, Kalmar Union, Stockholm Bloodbath, Denmark-Norway, the fuckton of wars against Sweden, Danish colonial holdings, siding with Napoleon, wars with Prussia

get a load of this guy