/pol/ is overrun with ponyfags and I need someone to answer my question

/pol/ is overrun with ponyfags and I need someone to answer my question.

Why do Sub-African civilizations pale in comparison to European, Indian, East Asian, Middle Eastern, and even to some extent Pre-Columbia American civilization.

Im aware that very few of them had written languages, or had even invented the wheel but why?

Other urls found in this thread:

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/06/how-africa-could-feed-the-world/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsetse_fly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>why?
because they're niggers

no surplus of resources due to environment

it's hard to spend time developing language/arts/etc. if you have to spend 19 hours a day hunting/subsistence farming/defending from other tribes

They were isolated, similar to natives in amaerica and Australia. Also, the environment wasn't suitable for pretty much anything, similar to live in the Amazon

Also don't worry little /pol/ack. It will be over soon... soon... :(

but isn't africa very rich in natural resources/fertile land?

But there's nothing pale about them.

All jokes aside, it's because of how isolated they were geographically. Compare them to Scandinavia and the Baltic in Roman times and you'll have a better idea of what it's like for civilizations to mostly develop all on their own with very rare moments of contact with the rest of Eurasian human movement.

natural resources like oil and diamonds are worthless to undeveloped cultures

and yes, some areas are fertile, but that's mainly in the northeast

No. The reasons jungles are so diverse is because the land is shitty for growth so big plants don't overshadow old plants. And it is rich in resources, but they aren't easy to get to when you can't even get a good ranch or farm going to make large towns

Didn't west africa, the horn, and indian ocean coast have contact with Arabs though?

Not parts of that particular region. Combine that with warring states and tribal disputes within nations and limiting mobility and development isn't happening on a large scale. All the building blocks are there though, from ironwork to astrology.

Yes. And they were prosperous due to it. Swahili coastal cities faired very well, west African empires were the first to explore the Atlantic, and Somalia was a trade hub

They did. That's why those areas of Africa were, historically, better developed than most of the continent

Consider, for example, Africa’s agricultural land. According to an influential recent analysis, Africa has around 600 million hectares of uncultivated arable land, roughly 60 percent of the global total.

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/06/how-africa-could-feed-the-world/

According to this Africa has 60% of the world's uncultivated arable land. I don't think shitty land was the problem.

There's a reason it isn't cultivated. In Europe, there were valleys and croplands. Same with much of Asia. But in Africa, it was simply very hard to clear the foliage. Not to mention the heat, and the mosquitos, etc.

>To evaluate the colonial legacy, we need to distinguish it from the situation and trends at the beginning of colonial rule, which in most of Sub-Saharan Africa occurred during the European “Scramble”, from 1879 to circa 1905. At that time the region was, as before, characterised generally (not everywhere all the time) by an abundance of cultivable land in relation to the labour available to till it. This did not mean “resource abundance” as much of Africa’s mineral endowment was either unknown or inaccessible with pre-industrial technology or was not yet valuable even overseas. For example, many of the major discoveries (notably of oil in Nigeria and diamonds in Botswana) were to occur only during the period of decolonization.

Nigeria and Botswana are two examples but there's a lot more African states that are too much to list. Tanzania has a huge ass Helium deposit discovered recently.

> west African empires were the first to explore the Atlantic,

u w0t m8??

so you be sayin...

but would you say they were equal to the say the Europeans, Middle easterners east asians etc?

Most of that land is only arable today thanks to modern cultivation and irrigation technology, along with massive population growth with the rise of global food markets that can finally support enough urbanization to start clearing these regions.

A few hundred or thousand African tribesmen with barely a metal shovel between them was never going to be enough to divert powerful rivers, clear massive disease-ridden jungle, and grow miracle crops that didn't exist for them.

Well, yeah. Why not?

Or, the least they were.

Not all of sub-saharan africa is jungle though. What happened in those places?

Because Europe, India, AND Asia had better land and was way more livable than starving in africa.

Why do you think if you go more north of Africa there are more people and kingdoms there?!

Malaria, sleeping sickness, massive labour shortage. The minimum wage a person gets that it enough to make knowing for another person a better endeavor then working/farming for yourself.

Soil restriction such as soil acid, the seasons restriction as well as pest and top soil thinness (Africa is basically just a huge chunk of granite high above the ocean with just think topsoil on top) so the stuff you can do in places with healthier or bigger topsoil is limted when used in Africa because it gets drained harder to to speak.

The lion king or sum shiet

I think you tagged the wrong person

By what metric? Just curious. When debating people about this topic they usually just a map and say "look see! Civilizations" they never get into detail about what mades them comparable to the great civilzations of history.

It seems like the greatest "civlizations" in SSA can be compared to Gauls who were barely a civilzation, but since it's SSA they usually get a pass.

Again, I think you tagged the wrong person

Africa wasn't always starving though. If it was how did the population reach such a point were they couldn't produce enough food to feed their population?

a lot of those places were FAR off the beaten path in terms of trade. i mean a place like south africa might be a decent place to set up shop, but good luck going to and from it. same with western africa to a lesser extent. very hard to advance with no diffusion of tech/culture/ideas/etc.

OK cool. So the reason africa sucks is nature not whitey. That's all I wanted to know.

well a lot of cultures in the south were exploited by european cultures (especially the dutch) but there were problems before then

>/pol/ is overrun with ponyfags
W-what?

It's an April fools prank by Veeky Forums. Lit is gone too

hiroshimoot combined /pol/ and /mlp/ for april fools day

It's the dangerous combination of weaponized autism and disabling autism

The problem is SCALE
Sailing along the coast is one thing.
But expanding inwards? With no large rivers? When Sahara and northeren Africa is basically a frontier blocking import of technology?

Africa's development is fine.
What you do get is that because its AFRICA, people are confusing the developed areas, and the literal barren wasteland without civilization.

Oh kek. Setting one cancer against each other.
Wait, what if they merge and we drown in Nazi furries?

Exploited, but fairly. Giving guns for slaves is simple trade. It is a fair deal that ends up having less pleasing consequences for Africans due to their greed for powerful weaponry

SSA in general not just SA I meant. I wouldn't really call the Boers exploiters though, they were the first peoples to settle the Cape.

I'm not talking about slavery, I'm talking colonialism in the congo (I meant belgian, not dutch)

That took place in the latter half of the 19th century, far after the whole civilization game was explained

true

Thanks for an idea

Begone, cancerous entity!

IT BEGINS

fuck off

STOP SHITTING ON A GOOD MEME WITH YOUR HORRID GAY SHIT REEEEEEEEEEE. PONY FAGS BEGONE

oy

Anime already takes up the spot for the semi-ironic secret alt right movement. Bronies are just too fuggin cringeworthy. Most bronies are leftists anyways, except for a small portion.

They hadn't developed animal husbandry outside of Egypt until European colonists arrived.

I don't get the point of making this exact thread daily

Is it trying to 'win' through tiring your 'enemies' when you don't have an actual argument?

Well that's just plain false. Where did you hear that?

Nigga wut?

They can produce it but the steps to go from the farm to the market to the table has lot of issues in inefficiency and low access to modern tech.

It's the op piste in the EU or NA where we make too much food that many of it go to waste and we don't stop over producing to reduce waste or minimizing it in out stores or businesses.

Its one of many problems user combined with colonialism and the cold war and it's aftermath.

West African industry was pretty much shutdown once European merchants flooded their economy with cheaply made/low quality European goods which on made slaving the only thing that produced profit because lack of economy of scale meant that even if you made better or high quality stuff then the things Europeans brought you can't really compete so local industry dwindled which lead into a "Dutch Disease" scenario.

Literally because whitey feeds the niggers, leading to the niggers having 8 children

if you put competent europeans ANYWHERE in africa they will create a self-sufficient thriving civilization. something niggers can't do.

Subsaharan as a concept is flawed. There was and still is a massive overlap between west African Bantu and southern berbers and Hamites. Your pick is simply the southern extreme of the moorish empire.

Because they are niggers, even their kingdoms were fucking shitholes compared to the earliest European civilizations in history.

Not really.

There are niggers everywhere in Africa INCLUDING NORTH AFRICA, meaning if niggers were smart they would be the first civilizations in Northern Africa not the Caucasoids.

Heard it on /pol/

compare the first half of the thread to the second half in terms of post quality and you will realize why everyone on this website hates /pol/

Yes really, you dont get it, blacks are just fucking stupid they have the brain of humans still in the mesolithic era meaning civilization is an alien concept to them. On their own blacks will form warring tribes and hunt animals and thats it no civilizations nothing like that at all, they are simply wild human beings why cant you understand that?

Look at black americans they mindlessly form tribes also called "gangs" in the modern world and war with eachother just like africans did five centuries ago before we took them into North America. Its in their nature to be uncivilized savages who hunt and gather just give up already.

Everyone hates /pol/ because hating racist is the cool thing to do these days.

>just fucking stupid

you mean like an inability to form complete sentences that aren't run-ons?

nope! it's because, like furries and bronies, they have cannot post without bringing their shit into it

Irrelevant.

i'm p sure you're actually retarded

what is "kingdom of Axum"?
who are "the nok"?
what is "Kerma"?

no, that is just you projecting.

people hate /pol/ because /pol/ lacks nuance completely and always tries to hammer a square peg into a round hole. super complex topics are always boiled down into racial theory or various versions of 'the jews did it' no matter how absurd or how much evidence against it. plus the super ironic victim mentality when confronted about it.

well, there is the problem right there. animal husbandry did existing in SSA, particularly in the further south parts of it. a huge limiting factor though was the tsetse fly, makes animal husbandry extremely difficult, as well as just using animals in general. tons of spin off effects in agriculture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsetse_fly

Shut up jew.
I already stated their kingdoms were worse than the earliest european civilizations even Sumeria is a better place to live than any nigger kingdom.

Besides liberal explain why NIGGERS DESTROY EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY WE GAVE THEM AFTER COLONIALISM, if they are civilized like us explain that. No explain our resident american negros doing nothing but rampant violent crime wherever they exist instead of making nice safe communities IF THEY ARE LIKE US.

OH WAIT YOU CANT BECAUSE ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

>MUH MUH POVERTY

EXPLAIN WHY POOR WHITE CITIES ARE NOT VIOLENT SHITHOLES THEN?

couple of (You)'s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel

>NIGGERS DESTROY EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY WE GAVE THEM AFTER COLONIALISM
Yes because when white people handed over Africa to the native inhabitants they were truly paradises

>EXPLAIN WHY POOR WHITE CITIES ARE NOT VIOLENT SHITHOLES THEN?
Ever been to Eastern Europe?

go watch russian dashcam vids on liveleak and get back to me ladlet

absolutely reddit-tier

Yes they were in comparison to the shitholes the blacks created, there is even a chinese documentary on how the blacks have literally nothing with the civilization the Belgians gave to them 50 years ago.
>East Europe
If East Europeans were as cancerous as blacks jews would be mass importing them into West Europe along with niggers and muslims so no.

Also East Europeans have immigrated to America and yet to create shitholes comparable to Detroit or St Louis yet.

I dont think your cuck ass understands how fucking dangerous niggers are.

Entry level question demands entry level discussion.

>Russian
Built civilizations in a frozen land while niggers couldnt do shit in a warm fertile tropical region of the planet, all you did was make niggers look even more stupid idiot.

>If East Europeans were as cancerous as blacks jews would be mass importing them into West Europe along with niggers and muslims so no.
you do realize that eastern euros are very sizable chunks and very comparable of immigration to western europe

FPBP

a fair point i suppose.

>show me a violent white shithole!
>aight, here you go senpai
>t-that doesn't count in comparison to REEEEEE
this is why people don't take you seriously ladlet, changing the goalposts is pathetic.

>Yes they were in comparison to the shitholes the blacks created, there is even a chinese documentary on how the blacks have literally nothing with the civilization the Belgians gave to them 50 years ago.
Oh boy those Chinese documentaries

>If East Europeans were as cancerous as blacks jews would be mass importing them into West Europe along with niggers and muslims so no.
This is retarded

>Also East Europeans have immigrated to America and yet to create shitholes comparable to Detroit or St Louis yet.
Yeah they only created shitholes in Russia, Belarus, and Moldova

>I dont think your cuck ass understands how fucking dangerous niggers are.
>"muh cuck"
go back to /mlpol/ this stormfaggotry isnt welcome here

Listen user its a fact that Africa is the most dangerous continent on earth due to its deranged jungle savage majority population, in Africa every human is a potential serial killer while in Europe the serial killers are the minority its the other way around for blacks.

This is what you cant understand at all.

Any of the three shitholes you mentioned are way better than any african dump and were built by Slavic hands alone and not given to them by Anglos like stupid african niggers.

>first comparing levels of civilization
>now serial killers
places like Veeky Forums must be a total boon for someone like you, god knows you've always been the angry autist stewing silently in any given social situation in real life

The fucking Jared Diamonds in this thread with the pathetic excuses of why sub-saharan Africans never accomplished anything.

>be african
>find this thread

This reminds me of that Dave Chappelle bit where he asks "ever seen some shit that was so racist, you didn't even get mad?".

Like, it's watching a child throw an irrational tantrum while trying to discuss something perfectly normal for an adult. I mean, c'mon. How are you even supposed to argue with someone so utterly full of vitriol that anything they hear can be handwaved with "FUCKING NIGGERS N' KIKES MAAAAN!"?

Yes liberal make your inane insults like a defeated child.

Shut up subhuman savage the only reason you are typing this is necause of white people.

i can't really argue with someone whose only arguments are talking points and changing the goalposts.

and i'm conservative actually, but try again.

personally i enjoy slowly backing them into a corner until their only possible response is a screaming meltdown

>russian dashcam vids
The current Russian mentality is more due to 70 odd years of communist rule. Communism is the worst ideology to ever come forth, a complete destruction of humanity.
But, if you really wanted to point out Russian brutality, you should show how their feudal system was compared to well any other feudal system.
Also, your argument is pretty shitty as you could as easily be told to go watch amateur vids of Africa to understand why they still haven't amounted to anything.

Fuck off with that drivel. Complete garbage.

smart white people are genetically different than stupid white people, so you can't take credit

you are no different than him, know your place

No Jewish communism is cancer, regular communism which is just equality of payment in labor is fine if you arent a wild animal who needs constant gibs.

Jew communism jumped the shark when it became a form of fascism taken to a ludicrous level.