Fiat money general

This thread is dedicated to those who save like nuts and know how to keep their expenses low as fuck. Lets here some strategies to keep what you earn..

>muh inflation tax

I found the programming life the most frugal.

>Only friends you have you talk on the internet so you never go out
>All your time is dedicated to your passion which is your programming projects ($0) -> Can even generate revenue
>no GF

>save like nuts
i try to invest. everyone knows cash is a horrible investment.

Join the military. Free healthcare. Housing allowance. Food allowance. Potential for free education.

No it isn't. Investing is a horrible investment. You will never strike the next apple.

Investing in your own company is much more fun, it feels much better too

>You will never strike the next apple.
Im not trying to. Just trying to rotate my money and not let it sit there and lose value day after day.

My tricks are as follows.

>Saving all your extra change and not spending it when it reaches a limit...keep going.
>Putting away random paper money that is expendable and will likely be spent on dumb things.
>Never touching savings account/ that's what a emergency account is for.
>Food and clothes are usually bought on sale (I also eat a lot of whole plant based foods for my weekly food budget is cheaper than most)
>I don't buy coffee outside
>I usually get an apple and banana or w.e I can pick up for less than 3 bucks while I'm at work.
>I work nights so I don't have to worry about using electricity in the home.
>ALL electronics and appliances ( excluding fridge) are unplugged to avoid phantom power.
>I don't buy bottled water unless at work and I really need it.
>My car is good on gas and will have good resale.
I got a bunch more but really its just me going on about how to pinch a penny here and there.

>join the military
>fiat thread
Where am I??

The best part about this is its not like you have to be poverty stricken. You can live a "privileged" lifestyle in the sense you own what you have and are comfy in regards to money. This isn't a you sitting in your cold apartment eating ramen and staring at the wall type of thing. You can have a home..it just might be room temperature, your fridge will have food in it..it just might not be stocked with 10 dollar beef and a mega bag of processed food. Your car might not be a Maserati but you will probably see more resale than that anyways. The best part is...you have the money on your side so in the future you definitely will be able to afford that sports car you wanted etc etc. Saving sounds easy but people do so much silly shit that they are still saving but not at the capacity that they really could be saving.

Also people keep shit plugged in and don't realize how much fucking money they are wasting having that stupid light up (insert useless item here) on all day 365. Realistically everything should be off and unplugged if your not using it/in the room. Fuck like I save so much on power because I work at night that I actually had inspectors from the power company come to my doorstep thinking the house was vacant and there was an issue with the power. I'm talking literally nothing. Fortunately my home is very well lit by outside light...may not be the case for you. The only thing that stays on is my dogs radio although even she somehow learnt to turn it off and the outside sensor light..like I said obviously the refrigerator

Anyways before I keep going. Just treat your money like a game. The plot is to keep all of it to yourself and the less you lose the better. Be a smart shopper, a good saver and know how where to cut corners. Don't be that guy that washes his dishes and cloathes in the bath to save a almost uncountable sum of money. Invest in smart washers and dryers that are low on power etc etc. Anyways I'm done for now.

The trick is to throw all of your money into crypto and live paycheck to paycheck, that way you won't have any money to blow on anything else. Also being a shut-in who comes straight home after work and doesn't go out on weekends helps.

I collect all of my spare change that I leave in a tin box next to my front door, then I sit down and organize it for the whole day and then put them into coin rolls.

I then head over to the bank and then deposit them. It's like getting $600 every few months or so.

keep saving it user. Save until it becomes cumbersome to look at. The save some more. Save until it becomes too heavy to lift and bring to the machine. Save it until your wife bitches about the closet space because all your fucking change is filling up space for her shoes. Then go cash it. Use coins nature to be annoying to your advantage.

this is me

>TFW my entire work wardrobe has been purchased from clearance racks at Kohls.
>shirts $3-$8
>ties $3-$4
>pants $8-$11

this

all my savings go into crypto

this desu. i've never been able to save money or invest because i'm irresponsible. i throw a bunch of money into crypto every week and it's actually exciting. even if i lose 20% in crypto, i'm still gaining 100% more than if i would've kept it in my checking account or wallet.

>what are index funds