Who has the strongest claim to Frankish ancestry? Flemish, Dutch, Germans or French?

Who has the strongest claim to Frankish ancestry? Flemish, Dutch, Germans or French?

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/files/48870/48870-h/48870-h.html
sacred-texts.com/cla/tac/g01000.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankish_language
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in modern times it's all so mangled it doesn't matter, but I'm going with the french.

Either Dutch or French.

They split into French and Germans.

Dutch or French but honestly it really doesn't matter

Were the Franks distinct from their subjects like the Normans in England, or was everyone in the empire considered Frankish?

France is called Frankreich in German. It translates to 'Kingdom of the Franks'.

That doesn't say much about ancestry, though.

Im made of gold

Genetically? Netherlandish people. Politically? France.

Frankly, I don't know

Dutch is the closest descendent to old (lower) Frankish.

>Germans

Now, when I said Frankland just above, I meant all the provinces north of the Alps; for as it is written: “In those days ten men shall take hold out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew,” so at that time, by reason of the glory of Charles, Gauls, Aquitanians, Æduans, Spaniards, GERMANS, and Bavarians thought that no small honour was paid to them, if they were thought worthy to be called the servants of the Franks.
gutenberg.org/files/48870/48870-h/48870-h.html
Germans were our slaves.

As for who can claim our ancestors only us(Northern French) and Flemish can claim them.

The Muslims

>Genetically? Netherlandish people

Surely Netherland people look like that

Everyone know that Netherland people are French-looking and not Nordic looking, especially Frisians, they exactly look like their old Frankish ancestors

german

Autism
Major Autism

Deal with it Franks aka OUR ancestors were just like their descents aka the French

As for Blondie Dutch they'e just wannabee, i do recognize Flemish as a part of the Frankish people tho, but they(Flemish) heavily mixed with Germscums and became blond

Scandinavians

Wtf do you think the name France comes from. I swear to god these Germans man.

None of them. The Frank's most closely resemble the Dutch but any connection to that past is long dead.

how come they speak languages from two different language groups?

The French. First, their culture got completely annhihilated by the Romans, only to get cucked by Germanics after the Romans were defeated. They're toys of foreign invaders for over 2000 years now.

Franks populated an area south of that of the frisians, mostly around the major rivers

>talk about the Franks
>don't know history

Nope

They traverved and then settled in between the Meuse and the Loire aka Northern France aka Neustria.

Charles the Great was German or Dutch he just booty blasted the french regions. So all of the above.

>annhihilated by the Romans
>French

On what timeline are you on ?

>only to get cucked by Germanics

lmao your our little bitches we raped you so much that we changed the genetic make up of Germany

In fact you went from red haired to brown haired thanks to our rape

Howdy, Germanic servants

>R1b-U106
>French

Pick one.

>Conveniently ignore history
>Conveniently ignore the other R1Bs
>Conveniently ignore it's country went from 60% + I1 to 13% I1

Admit it
We raped you, but you can't blame cause you were basically Swedes at that time and nobody can resist sweet blond pussies

Stay strong France, don't surrender yet!

>Literally only won two war against us while they got raped during 1000 years non stop
>Literally surrender to shitskins who rape their women as a new year celebration
>Literally a doomed shithole with no redemption in sight
>French have FN, Dutch have Geert, Austrians have FPO, Swedes have SD, G*rman have nothing

>0 in several French regions
>widespread in Germany, Netherlands and Belgium

Kek.

The Franks were a Germanic tribe and therefore German, how many layers of irony are we even on right now my dude?

Why do you people have such an obsession with race and genetics anyway?

>Franktugal

>The Franks were a Germanic tribe and therefore German
>Tacitus, Germania
>4. For my own part, I agree with those who think that the tribes of Germany are free from all taint of intermarriages with foreign nations, and that they appear as a distinct, unmixed race, like none but themselves. Hence, too, the same physical peculiarities throughout so vast a population. All have fierce blue eyes, red hair, huge frames, fit only for a sudden exertion. They are less able to bear laborious work. Heat and thirst they cannot in the least endure; to cold and hunger their climate and their soil inure them.
>sacred-texts.com/cla/tac/g01000.htm
Our ancestors surely look Germanic

this was meant for you

Belgians

Franconia, of course!

Interestingly enough, its widely believed that the Frank's are people who originally travelled up the coast of subsaharan africa and hitched a ride to the area around the netherlands around the 6th or 7th century. So genetically speaking the franks are closer to people of modern day ghana and the likes than modern french, german, etc.

DATS RITE

Belgians

And this is the distribution area of the Franconian dialects

Pic related

Ich bin kein Deutscher, baka desu

autism

>m-muh a-autism AUT-.... AUTTTTIIISSSSMMMMM
It's not an argument, blonduck

Stop claiming MES ANCÊTRES cause you aren't from them, you don't look like them, and you aren't linked to them in any way

The French confirmed for absolute retards

Are Visigoths German or Spanish?

Check it out! I'm made of gold.

For you with love from France

It is amazing indeed. Gold is a very valuable commodity.

Bretty much this

luxembourg

France is just a corruption of Frank so I say France

The people from the Rhineland. Belgium, Germany, Netherlands.

one was invaded by the roman empire maybe?

The Flemish and the Dutch

Germans and French are two different people

Germans are the descendants of the Swabian, Bavarians, Thuringians, Danes and Frisians.

French(above the Loire) are descendans of the Franks, plus a bit of Vikings in Normandy.

you're embarrassing yourself m8

Flemish

t. ancestor-stealing blondcuck with no argument

Franks are literally a Germanic tribe you retard.

They never claimed to be Germanic these are Germcuck historians who claim it.

Anyway go ahead and find one quotation where they claim to be Germanic

pro;tip you can't cause germanic were the lil' bitches of my ancestors

>Now, when I said Frankland just above, I meant all the provinces north of the Alps; for as it is written: “In those days ten men shall take hold out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew,” so at that time, by reason of the glory of Charles, Gauls, Aquitanians, Æduans, Spaniards, GERMANS, and Bavarians thought that no small honour was paid to them, if they were thought worthy to be called THE SERVANTS OF THE FRANKS.
>gutenberg.org/files/48870/48870-h/48870-h.html

t. Eginhard, an actual Frank and not some Wannabe blond haired Germcuck

you didn't make an argument either, just made a shitty collage in mspaint with "DUDE THIS IS A GERMANIC SCUM LOL"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankish_language

So what ?

Blood ≠ Language

Unless you're implying that a nigger speaking Frankish is a Frank ?

Anyway

We spoke a few centuries Germcuck language cause we conquered them and needed to communicate with our Germanic serfs, then we throwed it away once we settled in Gallia and taken the latin language.

Nope

I'm showing a pic of an actual Frank made by actual Franks and not some wanaabes blond haired germcucks

Why do the French go full retard in every single thread about the Franks?

Everyone mock the niggers when they claim Charlemagne as their ancestors because their features obviously mean that they are not not related to him, but when some Germniggers claim the Franks as their ancestors despite their features and the obvious fact that Franks lived in France and not in Germany nobody say a thing.

Anyway, i don't go full retard, i''m correcting the blond haired cucks LARPing as the descendants of our ancesors. .

>Belgium is now France
really makes me think

>A meme map is now a valid argument
>Franks having traversed their meme country make them Franks

As your country name show it your belgae, little friend

Anyway, people like you always trying to steal our accomplishment and our ancestors to fill their identy gap is why i'm constantly butthurt

Go steal the ancestors of other people

Pic related is the Roman Empire, it seems that Roman occupied your territory are you Roman too ?

Can't you read? The pic says "Frankish homeland from the 4th to the 9th century"
But i guess the low countries speaking a descendant of the Frankish language and living on Frankish soil is just a mere coincidence right?
And that France somehow ended up with a non-germanic mongrel language is also completely irrelevant?

Just accept your Gaul-Romen mongrel identity already instead of making a fool out of yourself

This is the true answer.

But it is also a pointless true answer since french, belgians and germans are essentially the same ethnic group. All that happened is that a specific tribe settled in france, developed there, became a famous dynasty and that's it. And now autists on an congolese arrow fletching forum are indulging in the purest form of WEWUZISM over their dead carcass.

>mfw

>: The Gauls are generally tall, with white skin, blond hair and frightful and ferocious eyes. Their mood is quarrelsome and extremely arrogant. Any of them in a fight will resist several brawlers at a time with no other help than his wife's, an even more dangerous fighter. Whether calm or wrathful, the Gauls always sound threatening or irritable
Ammianus Marcellinus that lived between 330-400 AD, thus FAR AFTER THE ROMAN CONQUEST and during the Frankish infiltration

>But in the end with God's help the Christians had the victory. It is said that Northmen of a beauty and size of body NEVER BEFORE SEEN AMONG THE FRANKISH PEOPLE were killed in this battle.
Eginhard, Annals of Fulda;
So

In your dream world Dark Haired French and Tall Bkond Haired Gauls are the same people, while Blond Haired Dutch and Dark haired Franks are the same people

>french, belgians and germans the same ethnic group
We are DARK HAIRED and AVERAGE SIZED(and so were the Franks)while Germans and Belgians are PREDOMINANTLY BLOND HAIRED and TALL, we have nothing to do with them.

What you are doing is like saying that Indians and Mongols are the same people becauuse they live on the same continent.

>DARK HAIRED and AVERAGE SIZED
french southie detected

>Flemish

funny thing about the Flemish, they got around during the Middle-ages as mercenaries and merchants. English, French and Germany monarchs used the Flemish to found cities all over Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if most modern western europeans has Flemish ancestors.

Salian Franks are one of many genetic and cultural ancestors to modern french, dutch and flemish peoples. Ripuarian Franks are ancestors to west germans. Germanian is not a identity, they where thrown on one heap cause romans just saw them as a bunch of savages.
Politicaly both germany and french can be seen as succesor states eventhough both are republics. The dutch language is most closely related to old frankisch compared to modern french and german

Nope

I'm a French from Normandy and the Yvelines.

Also, pic related are "Normands".

FINALLY

Someone know what he is talking about ! God bless you user.

Southern French are swarthy Latin, northern French (up the Loire river) are white celto-germanics.

French aren't Celtic evenless Germanic.
But it's true that we are Swarthy and so were our Frankish ancestors.

Generally just people who live in the area would have more Frankish ancestors.

Pic related was an average classroom in lower Normandy some decades ago

Shit forgot the pic

Nice cherry picking but

No cherry picking there, it's my village school, before we started mixing with southern French, southern Europeans and non Europeans.
Nearly all my local friends are blonde, and if some could pass as Danish or Norwegian most looks like your average brit,Dutch or German.

Are you serious? hair browns with age, those are pretty much the same people as I posted

These are obviously Frankish descents, their brown hair and dark hair show it.

As for actual Germanic and Celts they look like pic related

And i know many people who'd be able to pass a Danish. As a Norman I'm more than often mistaken for a Brit or a German when I'm abroad.
Franks were a Germanic people, they looked Germanic, not Latin (swarthy, dark haired, dark eyes).
Most northern French look(ed) Celtic or Germanic, southern French do (or did) stand out, even their features are different.
Stop being salty about this fact, there's no superiority in having a germanic look, who cares about how southern or northern you look ?

>Franks were a Germanic people, they looked Germanic

It's not by repeating a lie that it will be come true, we have Frankish portraits and they are all Dark Haired and Brown haired

As for Franks thhe Germanic were their servants :)

>Now, when I said Frankland just above, I meant all the provinces north of the Alps; for as it is written: “In those days ten men shall take hold out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew,” so at that time, by reason of the glory of Charles, Gauls, Aquitanians, Æduans, Spaniards, GERMANS, and Bavarians thought that no small honour was paid to them, if they were thought worthy to be called THE SERVANTS OF THE FRANKS.
>gutenberg.org/files/48870/48870-h/48870-h.html

t. Eginhard, an actual Frank and not some Wannabe blond haired Germcuck
>And i know many people who'd be able to pass a Danish. As a Norman I'm more than often mistaken for a Brit or a German when I'm abroad.

Dude

I'm a French, i know how most of you look like, stop LARPing as Nordics cause they will laught at you if they see a brown haired manlet LARPing as a Viking

And I'm a Norman from lower Normandy who lived there 18 years in the countryside and who is now studying in the biggest city in Britanny. I know how i and my friends look like and i know how southern French look like also.
I'm not larping as a viking, I'm French and proud of it, but French doesn't necessarily mean swarthy latin, and there's nothing bad about being swarthy or Latin looking, it's just not the case for people from my region.

TAKE THAT MOTHER FUCKER

FRANK WERE SWARTHY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHA

I'm (southern) Dutch myself and I can prove that I descend from Charlemagne and other Frankish kings. Although it's just a little part of my heritage, I assume it's true for most Dutch people.

I Just came here to post this too. Only the southeren dutch and Flemish have a claim to it. Dutch above the Rhine are Frisian scum. Brabant is the true heir of the Frankish Empire

I'm not even from Brabant, but you're right. As far as I know the last kings/emperors I descend from are Louis VIII, F. Barbarossa I, Philip of Swabia, Alfonso VIII of Castile, Baldwin I of Constantinople, Henry III of England and a lot of their vassals. So if you descend from him you probably have a lot of other lower & higher nobility in your ancestry as well. But that is for persons like you not a problem.

Yeah i got tons of royalty. But i think a western European who does not Have some royal blood is not really European.

Its quote foolish tot think as early medievel people in Ternat of modern nation States. People claiming the franks are french can not seriously believe southern French are more Frankisch Them southern Dutch

Southern French must be more Gallo-Roman than us. It's likely they descend from the same higher nobolity as well, but their most common ancestors are still Gallo-Romans, just the ones of us are mainly from the Benelux and surroundings