Will postmodern architecture stand the test of time?

Will postmodern architecture stand the test of time?

Hopefully not. It's so fucking ugly.

deep

I actually like that building, which can't be said for a lot of postmodern architecture.

It doesn't stand the test of right now, let alone the future

No. Not even because it's ugly but just because most projects use building materials that won't last and maintenance is impractical. Some buildings from the 70s are already crumbling.

This.

Buildings these days are meant to last maybe 50 years and then they need to be replaced.

As a past foundation worker I can assure you builders do it on purpose. They use cheap supplies to cut costs and it also provides them with new work as their old buildings need to be replaced.

P O S T M O D E R N I S M

Another reason is a lot of builders are literally retarded and simply don't know how to build a good house anymore.

how long until we get post ironic architecture? Where function trumps form so hard just to piss off the art community and intellectuals and instead we get really boring looking buildings that appease autists at how optimized they are spacially and economically?

I say it will be more of a transitional period

eventually we will find something that is actually different yet visually appealing and just base later architecture around that

that or you'll get shit like Gothic architecture where the people at the time hated it but it becomes a fucking masterpiece in the later years

is brutalism truly post modern?

Is this architectural vaporwave?

>brutalism

Where's the concrete?

Being part of the Modern, it isn't.

But that's not brutalism.

brutalism doesnt have to include bare concrete.

That looks functionalist desu

Yes

its after renovation.

Looks so much better than

i generally dig brutalism, but in this case i prefer the colorful version.

This.

That looks painful as hell.

It was to hard to make an authentic looking faux ruin with the materials and knowledge available so they make a compromise with contemporary designs instead. This would be a good idea for malls or parts of them.

Came to say this.

looks gauche

I am of the opinion that architecture should always be of functionality first and [enter subject matter here] second, so postmodern will always rank low.

subjective matter* not subject

The upkeep for those buildings is costly and many places struggle with maintaining the historical buildings they already have.
When that type of construction was current most people lived in shacks and huts and traversed through dirt roads. There's a reason why many buildings were demolished to make way for newer, more efficient constructions after the era of industrialisation in accommodation to the growth of capitalist society.

Disneyland tier. Looks like something some romanticist late 19th century aristocrat would blow money on.

>tfw you will never have a study room in a fucking literal tower
why even alive

The real reason they don't last anymore is because the steel corrodes and steel is used throughout all modern structures.

Form follows function, always

And to add, what you're describing is modernism which we've already had (make everything as efficient as possible, architecture as well)

post-modernism is very necessary, that much I know