Soviet Union

Was the Red Army the greatest army of the 20th century?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rimon_20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_operation
youtube.com/watch?v=I98P1AxQRUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no that would be wehrmacht

Wehrmacht was crushed by the Red Army, so no.

The Red Army and the Soviet Army are not the samething tho.

what do you mean by greatest?

No, that would the People's Liberation Army Ground Force.

crushed by the world

yeah because they acted like irl zergs, it's not like the red army had better weapons or any tactic/strategy at all

but they like a 20:1 k/d rate

I would say they were among the most numerous, but on average inferior to their contemporaries

can you back these claims up with any kind of academic source

wryyyyyyy

3:1 including partisans
How do you COD faggots survive the conundrum of breathing?

>greatest army
>never had technological parity with the USA
>never achieved the overwhelming tactical (and early war even strategical) superiority of the wehrmacht and the IDF (as its successor in that regard)

They performed quite well in Afghanistan in comparison to the NATO and they fought ferociously in WW2. Thats about it. The Red Army always was superior but that was only possible because the soviets wasted so much money that it ruined them. Imagine what the US army could have accomplished with a similiar share of the US budget.

WE WUZ PROLETERIATE

I'LL CRUSH YOU!

Mouth helps

Depends on the decade.

bait/10

>bait

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rimon_20

Not really
They beat the Wehrmacht but only because they had superior industrial output and a fuck ton more manpower

This, except they didn't use the fuckton more men to exactly zerg rush mindlessly.

>mindlessly

No thats true. But they sure as fuck were inefficient in the use of their manpower and highly dependent on foreign aid to utilize it properly.

Maybe in Barbarossa/Stalingrad, but you can see that they weren't the ones rushing mindlessly into fortifications at Moscow/Kursk

same difference

>>never had technological parity with the USA
Well that's because the USA never caught up.

>amerilards using ronsons in WW2 while USSR uses the T-34, the tank that literally revolutionized tanks
Kek

>Well that's because the USA never caught up
Who mass produced enough semi-auto rifles to have them as standard? And made super-heavy 4-engines bombers (B-29), which Ivan had to COPY?
>amerilards using ronsons in WW2
As flamethrowers, yes, but not tanks.
>while USSR uses the T-34, the tank that literally revolutionized tanks?
Hope you love lacking a loader, and having to use a hammer to change gears. And of course, having to be a strong manlet to do really anything in it.

>amerilards
And now your entire post is now discarded

No, but it's not as shitty as the wehraboo thrash here claims. They tended to suck at beginning of the war but compensated later

>need 20million soldiers to beat a 3million manned front
being numerous doesnt make you great, it just makes you expendable

>Well that's because the USA never caught up

Meanwhile in an alternate universe were the soviets ever had the technological superiority. About 3/4 of their mid and late cold war high tech was stolen from western sources. Delusional.

>amerilards using ronsons in WW2 while USSR uses the T-34, the tank that literally revolutionized tanks

Yeah american tanks were technologically inferior to their soviet counterpar. Big whoop american doctrin has worked much better considering the more difficult circumstances they had to face (had to supply forces on another continent etc.). The Burgers revolutionized combined arms warfare, air warfare, the use of military intelligence etc.

Having a superb tank and adapting german tactics pales in comparison to the allied feat. The germans were unable to move during the daylight due to the crushing german air superiority. So maybe the americans were focused on other more decicive factors. Once they focused on tanks in the CW they became more than adequate for the tasks at hand. Its pretty retarded to just comparte tanks because you always have to consider the underlying strategic doctrin of the nation.

Everyone likes to shit on Red Army, because of zerg rush meme, but they were the strongest army in the world in 1945. They could beat the shit out of Anglo Americans, even when they just won a major war against the nazis. The only reason why they didn't is because of the nukes.

with due respect to that battle, and respect is due,
it was a tiny expedition force as far as the soviets were concerned.
the IDF is a miniature army, and cannot compete against any world power in full on war.

1.SVT-40? Schpagin? AK-47???

3.Some mistakes don't interfere with the inherent genious of the tanks design.

>it's not like the red army had any tactic/strategy at all
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_operation

>[Faction] would not have won if not for [The factors that allowed them to win]
I never understood this.

>SVT-40
Operational failure, reliability issues inherent to the design
>Schpagin
Heavily influenced by the KP/31, first to issue to entire companies though
>AK-47
Post-war. Better example would be the SKS which saw limited service.

Either way the US was the first to widely field a semi-auto service rifle. Small arms doesn't win wars.

>T-34, the tank that literally revolutionized tanks
Very funny.

They have an impressive record against their Arab neighbors.

>SVT-40
Limited production, meh reliability
>Shpagin
Sub-machine gun
>AK-47
Postwar, and most actually used the AKM

those arent modern armies. he equated the IDF tech advantage to the Wehrmacht, which is nonesense.

Ah. I thought he was referring to the wiki page

>he doesn't know about the soviet human waves.

only if your definition of great is human cannon fodder

>only reason they didnt try was because they were chucking spears and they had guns

The truth can sometimes be stranger than fiction.

But yes the T-34 is objectively the most influential tank of the war.

It was also objectively the worst with a horrid range and engine life. M1 ping-tier meme.

0/10 b8

>get btfo in a world war
>have 2 good years, get shit pushed in when you fight an enemy that isnt backwards
>the country you invaded in 1939 flies its flag above your Victory Column in 1945

Guaranteed replies

is it possible for someone to be this deluded without being a dratted troll?

>yes tovarisch it's the best tenk because it can kill an early model panzer III ))))))))

>Mobilizes more man power and recourses than you
>MUh CHEATING!

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA

Wrong! The wehrmacht was crushed by the allies while the USSR was getting BTFO. Sad!

>lost the most people in WW2.
>send waves of humans to die in Finland.
>Thought generals are a threat to the party, so eliminated them and put rookies in their place that didn't know how to command.
They were among the shittiest, slightly above China.

Not an argument.

Um, sweetie, Pooland wasn't even a country in 1945. Sad!

COD is literally the reason so many retards think the USSR won WW2.

>sovietboos believe the USSR created the assault rifle
>now they also believe they revolutionized tank warfare
Sad!

Then our posts had something in common

Well that and the fact the Soviets did most of the fighting, got to Berlin first, made Hitler kill himself, and inflicted 80% of Wehrmacht losses.

Take a history course, ok kid?

>got to Berlin first
The allies agreed to let them take Berlin at Yalta. Take a history course kid real life isn't Hearts of Iron or COD.

>made Hitler kill himself
Hitler would have killed himself whether the allies or USSR got to him.

>inflicted 80% of Wehrmacht losses
Most German losses came towards the end of the war, after the allies had saved the USSR's ass.

lmfao that COD line really struck a nerve. I bet the whole reason you got into WW2 was because you played COD and saw le epic red army zerg rush XD OOOORRRAAAAH

Hehehe

Stormfags and tankies gtfo.

>avarege red army soldier

what is wrong with recruiting a kyrgyzstan yak herder, equipping him with a shpagin and helping participate in the most glorious and morally justified war in history, conducting a genocide of a bunch of fascies who would torture and murder him and his family for their amusement if they had the chance, cleansing the earth of their kind

It isn't just stormfags and tankies, it's also Amerilards, Britbongs, the occasional frog or weeaboo, and basically every country that participated in WW2 that turn any conversation of the war into an irredeemable shitflinging contest.
I don't think it's possible to discuss such a normie-tier subject without every thread ending up the same way (le human waves, le USSR won the war, le USA saved Europe)

>Was the Red Army the greatest army of the 20th century?
Outta my way Ivan

The Red Army's extraordinary adaption to modern warfare at an accelerated speed of industrialization is definitely something to admired although I think the question is too broad to declare a winner. Both are good in their respective ways.

>They could beat the shit out of Anglo Americans, even when they just won a major war against the nazis.

?

Anglo-Americans had just shy of 5 million troops in Western Europe in May of 45. The French had maybe another million.

Soviets had a little over 6 million.

seems like a pretty even match...

forcing hordes of uneducated and illiterate peasants from the most remote lands of USSR with no interest of this war to use them as a cannon fodder. congratulations. you have won the war. now your peasant army can rape plunder everything what moves. if it doesnt, destroye it.

t. butthurt Heinrich

source because your numbers are way off

>after the allies had saved the USSR's ass.

sure that's why the rekd Heeresgruppe Mitte in winter 41 on their own without any LL.

get rekd retard next time do your research btw the "losses at the end of the war" is also clearly fictional and biased

>ctrl f
>"rhodesia" 0 results
rhodesian obviously.
>be rhodesia 1965
>be called the jewel of africa
>healthiest economy in africa
>country of 5000 farmers produce more food than all its neighbours combined.
>set world record for most productive farmland per km/2
>declare independance from britain, been governing myself anyway
>first country since 1776 to declare UID.
>every neighbouring country declares war on our fair and great land except south africa
>no oil unless its hiked way the fuck up by the south africans and will be constantly running low and needing to beg SA for supplies.
>have to build own attack helicopters out of farming helicopters
>fighting literally all of southern africa thats not SA
>blacks constantly being btfo
>war goes on for 15 more years
>shits getting tough but we can make it work
>international pressure to have free elections
>little dipster called mugabe want to run for office, he's a complete nutjob.
>dipster wins and whites are expelled from africa and rhodesia goes to shit.

t.ivan shitposting hard

German historian, get rekd by simple facts with your shitposting.

How pathetic that you instantly go for ad hominem.

No facts no arguments, thank you for the demonstration.

>le your a stormfag if you like wehrmacht
fuck off, wehrmacht was clean

He's right you know

to put it this way
americans were crapping themselfs so much not only they had to level 2 japanese cities in demonstration but build up germany which they leveled
invested a buttload of money into a warthorn europe
just to detter the red army

yes it was the greatest, "zerg" tactic memesters never read a late war german report on the ruskies and their methods

It dosen't make you a good army

how the fuck would they have been able to reach America?

It was the rapeiest

Defeating the enemy does, so yeah "good" army.

I wonder every day on this board how fucking insecure americans are.

You beat the shit out of Japan, you have done a good job in europe you had the A bomb first you won the cold war.

How can't you just accept that the sowjets did the most work against nazi germany.

I thought there are some americans with dignity and an honest and adukt worldview but well it looks like I was wrong.

This board is getting worse every day, at this point every poster seems to be a 12 year old COD kiddy.

No arguments no facts just memes and insults, I pity all of you.

There is a difference between quality and quantity
The commies had the later but lacked the former

>Angrily responds to 'doesn't make you a good army' with an entire paragraph accusing Americans of being insecure
>insecure

Doesn't refute anything I said.

Seems like that "take a history course" big struck a nerve :)

I don't have to provide sources when it's a common fact.

The russians got to Berlin first because Hitler decided to waste more effort on fighting the west (battle of the bulge). The agreement at Yalta was only about who occupies what once the war is over. The west Thuringia and parts of Bohemia first but gave it up as soon as the soviets arrived

Why does no one realise that the Prussian dominated Imperial German Army was better, for its time, than the Wehrmacht?

>Defeating the enemy does
so i guess the germanic tribalniggers where better then Romans because they started to win wars against them during Roms decline
>I wonder every day on this board how fucking insecure americans are.
what makes you think i'm American, Ivan?

>there are commies posting ITT trying to defend Zerg rush human wave tactics: the army

Fucking embarrassing

10 million, Jesus Christ. How did they even feed and arm that? How did the economy even survive?

No wonder stalin was STILL willing to give up Ukraine and the baltics for peace and economic aid until Zitadel.

>No wonder stalin was STILL willing to give up Ukraine and the baltics for peace
holy shit, Hitler was even more retarded then i thought

What is centurion for 30pts

Greetings from germany nice to see how your worldview works.

EWWW eh doesn't accept my anti soviet bullshit memes lets call him Ivan that will show him.

Btw there are no facts that support your claim.

I bet in your worldview every Hillary voter is a liberal cuck and every trump voter a racist gunnut.

Grow up lad the world is not black and white.

You are very naive and infantile, your ability to make distinctions is non existent and you are only here to accept stuff that you already accept and if you are confronted with other worldviews or facts and arguments that destroy your tiny tiny horizon you scream "insulting meme".

I really wonder how old you are, probably 15-16 judging by your mental capabilities.

Since you have never read a book, try a yt video to educate yourself at least a little bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=I98P1AxQRUM

Germany spent all its money fighting in the west and all their blood in the east, all the high tech stuff was sent against the western allies.