Post benevolent dictators

Post benevolent dictators.
>Authoritarian or autocratic rulers that oversaw great accomplishments and weren't guilty of large-scale human rights abuses (Sorry, Pinochet fans)
Pic is Albert Rene. Leader of Seychelles from 1977-2004. He turned it from a poor backwater with most of its revenue from tourism to a middle income, well governed state. He was no saint but he did a lot of good.

Engelbert Dollfuss was pretty alright considering he took power in a time of crisis akin to the Russian revolution.

Tito.

I'd say he was okay other than the shit that happened before 1948 (e.g. show trials, political purge, and killing of German and Hungarian civilians living in the north).

Post more about him not found on wikipedia

Some Seychellois anons I've seen on /pol/ have said that he's popular among the large numbers of people who benefited from the coup. There are still a fair number of people who were left worse off after the coup though, and there's quite a bit of reporting about some of his rather questionable financial activities. He also had bodyguards from North Korea, East Germany, and Cuba.

Was Senghor an autocrat? He was the first president in Africa to willingly give up power.

correct

Where's whats-his-face from Singapore? He seems the ultimate example of this.

Paul kagame

as a bonus, he was pure

crap forgot

>no Li Quan Yu posts

This.

> built a lot of urban infrastructure
> protected forests and created national parks
> told Bush Sr. to fuck off when he asked for more democratic reforms
> lived alone, no wife, not known mistress or kids
> wrote more than 60 books of poetry, prose and historic essays
our guy

V I V E
I
V
E

he seriously did nothing wrong when you think about it

>Hoxha
alright, I kek'd

Uh, you know he was a dictator who killed tens of millions of people?

Found the liberal.

>Kulaks and NEPmen
>people

We're about to add one more to that list, kulak

>Truman

This guy lived trough ww1+2 and the Cold War.

Was he any good?
I know nothing of the Maldives.

Any of the East German leaders.

t. Erich Mielke

Legit too good for Turkey.