How does it feel?

>tfw the French will never avenge the Battle of the Nile
>tfw they will never avenge Trafalgar
>tfw they will never avenge Waterloo
>tfw they will never avenge Fashoda
>tfw they will never avenge Mers El Kébir

Because the British will soon be outbred?

Exactly.

/thread

>the British will never, EVER retake the French land they held for ~500 years

We wouldn't want to - and we've avenged every defeat we suffered at French hands. The same cannot be said for France.

The "french" are just a spook. In reality there is no loss of anything to these people just because some other people lost a battle hundred or more years ago

>ignores that France has by far the largest Muslim population in Europe and its people have a lower fertility

The English language will never get rid of French influences

>haha your people have a worse below replacement birth rate than my people

>tfw the english will never change the fact simon de monfort was french
>tfw the english will never change the fact they were conquered by guillaume le conquerant
>tfw the english will never change the fact they lost the 100year war
>tfw the english will never change the fact they were ruled by french kings until 1483

Anything from the Modern period?

the french gave the world code civil
a set of law which are widespread in the world

the french kicked out the smelly bongs from mainland europe

the french carried the burden of world war 1

britshits could never beat france in 1v1 situation

not to mention some of the "english" kings spoke french and not english, the language of diplomacy (and love) is still french, not the orcspeak we call english

on every count the frogs are better than the bongs
and its clearly shown by bongistani obsession shown on this board too

i bet the frenchies dont even think about you

Who cares? British people don't live there.

>Until 1483
Uh, no. Until 1399. If you are born in England, and speak english as your first language you're English.

>you are born in England, and speak english as your first language you're English.
A B S O L U T E L Y C I V I C
The plantagenet are true brits in my mind

Considering English people are a mixture of Romance and German people, the plataganets can indeed qualify as ethnically English as well anyway.

Do you mean linguistically?

Because ethnically English are fairly well established to be genetically Britons

as a brit i am sick of brit threads on Veeky Forums

English people are ethnically considered today to be a mix of the Anglo Saxon invaders and Normans, so the modern English people are a mixture of French and Germans essentially. So any person born here with french or german ancestry is by modern standards, English.

>tfw the english will never change the fact they were liberated by a frenchman

Do british people honestly don't think they are related to those same french people?

Why do nips think that they aren't just island Koreans?

tfw your empire died with a whimper

Now now, you still have Scots to oppress, at least for now presuming that they don't chose to become an independent nation free of English yoke.

>tfw the French will never change the fact that their shitposts on Veeky Forums and /int/ have to be in English because nobody bothers learning their language
>tfw the French will never change the fact that their glorious centuries of military success has been reduced to "lol surrender monkeys" because of one war
>tfw the French will never change the fact that after 2 failed attempts, they are finally a G*rman colony
>tfw the French will never change the fact that Anglo media is so superior, we can just tell everyone that Napoleon was a manlet and people believe it for we are omniscient

DELET THIS

What? who are you referring to?

This. Anglos have won.

HOL UP
Normans were Vikings who settled in Northern France, and who spoke a Scandinavian-influenced French.
Also the English got Cnut'd.
So definitely not just Germans and French in the mix.

You brought it up. Let me guess, you're part of the 60% club.

It's nice to pretend it's still the 19th century, and all is well for the Englishman.

This is an apt comparison, don't the frogs eat cats or something?

Hastings and over 400 years of displaced Normans and Angevins can never be avenged.

Nile, Trafalgar, and Waterloo are indeed great victories over the French-speaking peoples, but they never changed the whole language and names that 1066 and afterwards did.

France had their crushing victories over England-based monarchs and troops like Bouvines, Orleans, Fort Duquesne, or Chesapeake

The Normans didn't make a genetic imprint on the peoples of modern England like the Angles, Jutes, Frisians, Saxons, Danes, and Norwegians did.

Yeah but by 1066 (155 years after Rollo swore to Charles the Fat), the Normans' Dane and Norwegian ancestry was so diluted with marriage with Breton, Frankish, and the local Gallo-Romanic population.

England =/= Britain

Why do you seem to think us Brits are upset about our french heritage? we accept (Or at least I do) our French origins, which makes it all the more satisfying every time we best them.

don't be ridiculous, the normans weren't french

By 1066, their blood had more in common with Anjou, Maine, Flanders, Brittany, Poitou, and other neighboring regions than their Viking kin.

Remember, the Normans slaughtered thousands of Anglo-Danes post-1066 so they didn't give a fuck about their fellow Scandinavians anymore. Especially the Harrying of the North which was basically ethnic cleansing.

>>tfw they will never avenge Waterloo
Wait are Brits still taking credit for a battle that an Irishman won leading Dutch and German soldiers?

/thread

>By 1066, their blood had more in common with Anjou, Maine, Flanders, Brittany, Poitou, and other neighboring regions than their Viking kin.

so you admit french didn't exist yet

>expecting vikings to give a shit about other vikings

/thread

Brits aways take credit for the work of their allies.

Remind me again by who your language was raped so hard I can find transparency with french in 80% of the english language ?

Kek, this

Most English people don't really know or care much about England before the house of Tudor but would happily concede that we were some Euro/Franco/Catholic cuck country. It's the bit between then and now we're more concerned with... you know, the relevant bit.

That's pretty much every British victory ever. Britain + allies who did more than them to win the war.

But Brits are Frenchman, and have been starting in 1066. Also Roman...and Viking...

Amazing

>He doesn't understand the difference between an Irishman and the Anglo-Irish landed gentry

>Tfw they will never avenge the dismemberment of the EU

#
Well it's clear we've both been unofficially cucked by the US economically post WW1 and officially btfo'd by WW2, with suez canal being the final nail in the coffin. Our glory days are long over and age-old banter is only getting us so far.

It's time to stop fighting among ourselves, Nigel. Better brace yourself for that feel because I'm coming in

>avenge the dismemberment of the EU
>because brexit
Brexit will be the death of the UK and GB. N. Ireland and Scotland are both staying if the UK leaves.

So i guess England and Wales can be autistic together.

Another lower class bong pretending to think they still have an empire thread

protip, even back in the days of the empire your were not the ones reaping off the benefits, your ancestors were pissant coalies or farmers or factory workers in one form or the other.

And Ironically the closest resemblence to the old empire is the london finance, the oxbridge-public school kids you openly hate but secretly worship

Nigga that's not going to happen. That's as much wishful thinking as the Britbongs who think voting Leave will somehow bring the empire back.

I'd almost say the empire magically coming back is MORE likely than the UK breaking up. Scotland deep down doesn't want to leave, and, well, we all know the lengths England will go to to keep Northern Ireland.

>Scotland deep down doesn't want to leave
All evidence to the contrary

How does it feel to perpetually live in the dim and distant past?

Monkey Island is an anachronistic novelty. The world would be laughing at it were important enough to take notice of.

>netnats

I've seen more than one poll that indicates there's a majority against independence. Sturgeon's a fool for raising a stink on all this again. She at the very least ought to wait and see what Brexit actually looks like before calling for another referendum.

As a British person this thread is embarrassing.

The reason the UK is shit today is because lazy NEETs like you are lying around shitposting from your mum's basement rather than working and contributing to society.

Fuck society.

We're here for a good time, not a long time.

>poll
Referendum numbers were pretty high, don't buy your denialist bullshit

The UK has changed immeasurably since.

I've changed my view, as has most of my family.

>my anecdotes are statistical evidence

This desu

>tfw one of the greatest commanders of France is ethically Italian
How can Frenchies ever recover?

source

>tfw the English will never change the fact that their precious language is full of French words they use naturally every single day

Who cares?

People in this autistic thread