Who was the most destructive person in the history of the West?

Who was the most destructive person in the history of the West?

My vote goes to Hegel for paving the way to communism, fascism, nihilism, existentialism, psychoanalytic theory, postmodernism, and anarchism.

That's some Bold Claim.

Do people honestly believe that fascism and Communism only happened because of Hegel? Or are all posts like OP's trolls?

Hitler for sure.
Everything that's wrong with the modern Europe can be traced back to his autismo.
He took the German retarded ideology and put it in action and now everything is bleak and hopeless for western civilization.

Are you claiming that it isn't true? Look up the philosophers behind those ideology and I can garuntee you will find Hegel as an influence.

Only with the most simplistic possible conception of causality is that enough to say that he was the one man responsible for all the atrocities of the past 200 years.

yes

Hegel's a strong contender.

I'm leaning towards Muhammad, though.

Or whoever poisoned Alexander the Great, assuming he was poisoned.

Well, if you're that stupid, it isn't worth trying to talk you out of your Popperian position.

>whoever poisoned Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great was literally Hitler in the ancient world, though.
>Muh Lebensraum for muh Greek nation, gib Mesopotamia pl0x

I would agree with that. The dialect runs everything now and for the worse as you just can't get a sound synthesis from an unsound thesis and anti-thesis. From what I understand it was invented as a social change mechanism, a modified and refined Janus head used to unfold history. Almost every debate or electoral issue is based on these disgusting dialects.

Alex Jones is not a Hegel scholar, just so you know.

>not Luther who made people go from reforming the church to setting up cults

I think Alexander was one of those people who died young enough that he got a free pass from the consequences of his actions.

I don't think he'd have been able to hold his empire together anyway. It'd probably have just tainted his legacy.

>Not Calvin who actually did what you blame Luther for doing
If there's a genuinely destructive ideology, it's predestination.

>I think Alexander was one of those people who died young enough that he got a free pass from the consequences of his actions.
That makes no sense at all. 33 is pretty old in antiquity years.

Would you rather I say "early enough"? 33 left him plenty of time to fuck it up if he hadn't died when he did.

t.iranian who is larping as a persian.

No, I don't think that dying young negates the bad things he did in life.

Calvin wanted reform, Luther didn't even after most of his theses were accepted
Also predestination has always been a thing, God already knows how you would live and when you die, and what grace you die in
It's the idea that you need no works at all and can get to heaven

This. If Hitler had died at 33 it would be the same situation.

lol wrong

That's not Hegelian dialectic.

That is Plato's dialectic.

That is not correct. Most estimates for life expectancy are dragged down by infant mortality, and there are numerous examples of men living to be in their sixties, seventies and eighties, Solon, for example, or Augustus.

Dead infants didn't die young?

Yea, but almost any thought of western Philosophy goes back to Socrates/Plato so fuck them.
>Troling aside, the fuck you have against existentialism, we didn't do shit.

No History lesson has described Alexander as perfect as this post.
>slowclap.gif

I dont think you can really count it if the destruction was indirectly. If you think like that you might aswell give Jesus that title considering he indirectly caused all the bad stuff that was done in the name of christianity.

Can somebody explain the difference or post a link. Don't have time for the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

"bad stuff", no it was done righteously.

So killing other christians because they interpret the bible differently is righteous?

Most people like OP are in the 'in such dispair they don't even know they're in dispair' phase. They don't like things like psychoanalysis or post modernism etc. because it pulls them into awareness of their dispair.

Would this help?

Stop believing this meme

>the phone call that saved philosophy

In the history of the west is way too broad of a category. However, if we narrow it down to the past 200 years then I would say Bismark.