Electronic Warfare

I'm doing a work on the subject and would like help finding out sources for research,
going from history (communications disruption) from WW2 to modern days EMS devices

found few things that can be of great help:
> The Secret War
documentary from 77, covers stuff from the old war, seems cool by it self, and includes EW of course

> The Secrets of War
covers a wide array of stuff, but seems to include EW and electronic intelligence in some episodes, I need to filter though

> The Invisible Machine
typical History Channel aliens, but seems to be the only documentary focusing entirely on EW, can't find download anywhere besides YT with shitty quality

This subject is surprisingly lacking in content, what do you guys have?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaff_(countermeasure)
amazon.com/Blind-Mans-Bluff-Submarine-Espionage/dp/1610393589
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTC_RxWN_xo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_warfare#Relevant_EW_History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_War_(TV_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Chaff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaff_(countermeasure)

Submarines
amazon.com/Blind-Mans-Bluff-Submarine-Espionage/dp/1610393589

>energy goes out, energy comes back
Simple stuff.

I don't see how any of that is relevant

its not a brown out

So you know nothing of EW, then.

>I don't see how any of that is relevant

Submarines pick up radio chatter and comms from ships all around the world.

Submarines tapped intercontinental lines, including a soviet one which literally let them easedrop on soviet comms for a decade or two.

Reagan was surprised that the soviets were as afraid of nukes as he was.

Good lecture on EW during/after WW2, but if you don't consider chaff relevant I doubt you'd find this all that useful.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTC_RxWN_xo

ok I see how Chad can be relevant, but that would amount to 3 minutes talk max
the submarine book seems really interesting on regards with intelligence, but not really EW
check the video later

On the plus side, this is the first thread I've found on the front page that wasn't /pol/ bait.

On the downside, this isn't the best board to be asking.

You might wanna try - there's a lotta military aficionados there that'd know the ins and outs of the histories of various high tech military hardware. Some of the neckbeards of may also be surprisingly knowledgeable as well.

(Not sayin' yer violating the spirit of the rule or anything, just sayin' there's better boards to poll this sorta thing about.)

> pol bait
yeah, first time on this board only to find that's it's filled with shit posting and stupidity

but just to be more specific
the kind of EW I meant is the one where a bomb disrupts the grid and communications
ie fries electronics and creates chaos

seem that/his/ also cycles thread quite quickly

is this a blue board?

last bump

dis is sum gud shit baratna!

Most electronic warfare is jamming or , hiding information or sending misinformation, not shit like hacking despite what TV would have you believe.

*blocks your path*

Don't forget signal interception, analyze and localization.

>Most electronic warfare
no you dumb dumb, it means using electromagnetic pulses to disable enemy electronic components (eg EMP)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_warfare#Relevant_EW_History

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_War_(TV_series)

> it's the final bump down
saw nearly all the bbc docs, really fucking interesting
specially the old time British documentary style