Following World War II, information about Arminius and his victory was omitted from the German textbooks...

>Following World War II, information about Arminius and his victory was omitted from the German textbooks, and many modern Germans don't know about Arminius.[8] The 2,000 year anniversary of the battle was not commemorated by the German government.[8] According to Der Spiegel: "The old nationalism has been replaced by an easy-going patriotism that mainly manifests itself at sporting events like the soccer World Cup."[8]

What are some other major historic events that have been buried by its own people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

arminius was a nigger

arminius wasn't even a g*rm

U wot

HOL UP
*rapes Roman girl*
SO YOU
*sacks innocent cities*
SO YOU BE
*destroys everything*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*chomps on blood sausage*
WE WUZ CIVILIZED N SHIT?

MUH Rhine

>Arminius, most known for being a backstabbing cunt that betrayed the people who trusted him and then dying in irrelevance by the very barbarians he betrayed civilization for

I can understand not wanting to celebrate that degenerate.

Arminius was fucking overrated anyway and he was slain by other Germaniggers.

What opinion would Arminius have about the HRE?

>Arminius is hated by modern day Germans
>mfw when nordicists praise arminius and "muh teutoberg"

>hated

Or are they embarrassed of his association with muh six gorillion

Even Hitler and the nazis hated Arminius you know

>following ww2
>doesn't mention that a decade later they started teaching about him again

Pretty much any major historical event in Sweden.
I think Germany has plenty of similarities with Sweden in this area since the germans were forced to bury their nationalism after WW2 while the swedes have been at peace for so long that they are never reminded of it.

This kind of shit is exactly why AfD and others are rising all over the world. The concerted effort to erase the heroes of various cultures in the name of "diversity" is having the exact opposite reaction.

>heroes
>ARMINIUS WAS A GOODBOI HE DINDU NUFFIN,
>DAH ROMANS WERE GOING TO ENSLAVE US EVEN THOUGH THEY FEARED US AS WE HAVE ALWAYD BEEN STRONG WARRIORS
>PRAISE WODAN

Are you implying the Romans did NOT intend on enslaving the germanic tribes?

More like conquer them and only enslave those who resist them. It's no more enslaving than what the germs did to each other, Arminius himself was the king of a tribe who subjugated violently quite a few others.

>Enslaving
>Making Germania a proper province of the Empire
>Aqueducts, roads, theaters, sanitation systems, record keeping etc.
>muh enslavement
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ

The fact germanicucks need to hide arminius of all people proves they lack a history.

Life of Brian >>> Holy Grail
fite me

I won't cause I agree. Life of Brian is hilarious.

Like how we brought civilization to the native Americans

>Lombards BTFO'd the Unholy Unroman Empire in the late 12th century and made the Italian city-states effectively independent from them
>Italy betrayed Germany twice in WW1 and WW2

What goes around comes around.

That is still enslavement, they would be ruled by a foreign power and be considered second class citizens.

Having fancy buildings doesn't give you the right to go around murdering, looting and subduing other peoples.

>ruled by a foreign power and be considered second class citizens
Just like under Arminius and his Cherusci. At least under Rome they would have had the chance to win their citizenship and become first class citizens within a generation.

Most of them would prefer not being submitted not neither of them. That's why they killed Arminius and still fought the Romans.

>At least under Rome they would have had the chance to win their citizenship and become first class citizens within a generation.

No, they wouldn't.

>first class citizen
u wot

>Having fancy buildings doesn't give you the right to go around murdering, looting and subduing other peoples.
What are your thoughts on the german colonies

No because they wouldn't have the supplies to fight a revolt, and Roman slavery wasn't as bad as American slavery

FUCKING Bullshit. Information about the Battle of Varus is easily accessible. I learned about Arminius as a Child through my "Was ist Was" (What is What) book about the Romans. Although I didn't really understand it at the time. The last time we talked about Arminius was in the 13th class in School while we had "Founding myths of Germany" as a topic. Arminius is only not longer regarded as the founder of the nation, which is reasonable, regarding the relative immense timespan and that whole HRE idea afterwards.

Also, making fun of religions is always good.