Were the Minoan's palaces the most Veeky Forums habitations in history?

Were the Minoan's palaces the most Veeky Forums habitations in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

washington.edu/news/2013/05/14/dna-analysis-unearths-origins-of-minoans-the-first-major-european-civilization/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, they're incredibly beautiful, the Knossos palace is mind blowing

That looks like a middle school.

>Minoan meme

There were more impressive cultures in Northern Europe

Look up Trundholm sun chariot and Nebra sky disk

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH...

ahahahahahhaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

>muuuuh disk

There are more impressive astronomical monuments in other palces of prehistoric Europe anyway, but Minoans had massive palaces, incredible art, overseas colonies, a powerful navy, superb infrastructures (running water in fucking 1750 bc), super architecture and WERE URBANISED!

The only noteworthy things bronze age central Europe produced were the weapons, namely the Naue II swords, but those babes were around 1300 bc

>Trundholm sun chariot
Amazing. Northern Europeans managed to build something reasonably complex prior to them being civilized by Mediterraneans.

Get over yourself.

What amazing civilizations were there in Northern Europe before The Romans expanded? Hyperborea?

The Pyramids, sphinx, along with the rest of Egypt amazing civilization were built around the same time as Stonehenge.

I'm pretty sure Hitler became increasingly embarrassed by Himmler's attempts to find evidence for some amazing northern European civilization that predated, or at least was formed at the same time as, Mediterranean civilizations.

I'm even ignoring China here, who developed writing a soon after the Mediterraneans did, before 1200 BC

WIR

Kinda looks like my old high school lol

Sad!

Egyptians were white

GYPTIANS WUZ WITE

No, Roman villas were.

>TFW no huge orgies/sex parties with roman aristocracy and qt 12 year old sex slaves

why even live

Romans, Romans, Romans. When will you learn that Celtic architecture is so much more than your barbaric attempts at "buildings".

DAS RITE

Basically it's Bauhaus style, but a couple eons before Bauhaus.

BIG MINOAN TITTIES

What would a Minoan woman look like? Skin color, hair color, eye color?

some greek/egyptian bimbo who cares they're all dead

They were basically of Anatolian origins. Light whitish-tan skin, dark curly hair, brown eyes.

>Not even one enemy warrior's skull in the entire hut

Shitty crib, my dude.

Like a Sardinian woman

As far as I know, there was no evidence that people actually lived in palaces. I've heard them described as a cross between a warehouse, workshop, temple, cultural center, and office for politics. The place where everything important happens.

They probably did live there though, just based on the size. Why wouldn't you use it to house during the night, when nobody is working? Where else would one put publicly-owned slaves?
Romans were disgusting. Get that shit out of here.

>fug Breduochla mac Ahip Hop Hippitogh dagh Hippy dal Hip Hip O'Hop Andh Ul'Dontstop Auroch Itout Bubboagh Tudagh Bangbangh Boughieboobie Tudagh Boughie Tudagh Rhythym O'Thagh Boughie Thebead
>think u got her pragnent
>sons will be noble due to only mother's lineage mattering
>find Brian mac alt Cuck fugging ur bae next moon phase
>push him off rocky cliffs off glorious never-united Éire
>baby come out probably not yours
>live in big cozy burrow with cuck babby and noble slut wife
>who cares maids to fug and bastards have no claim

t. Celt from Hibernia

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have lived in palaces, they're literally large houses,

Ya know maybe there was a reason Hitler idolised the native Americans...

Archaeologists just haven't found obvious evidence that citizens or 'royalty' actually lived in the palace. I don't know if they're expecting an unmade bed or a banana peel on the floor or something.

Joke all you want, but these houses were actually really advanced for their day.
>Round shape makes it possible to support a bigger roof and withstand the elements better
>Posts and beams are made from specially grown trees that took decades to cut into the perfect size and shape before being cut down
>Thatched roof is constructed in such a way that it lets out the smoke from the hearthfire without letting the rain in
>Wattle and daub keeps all wind out
>Larger houses often come with second floors or private sleeping platforms arranged in such a way that they all overlook the common space in the middle

washington.edu/news/2013/05/14/dna-analysis-unearths-origins-of-minoans-the-first-major-european-civilization/
>The findings suggest they arose from an ancestral Neolithic population that had arrived in the region about 4,000 years earlier.
>they have the greatest genetic similarity with modern European populations.
>“Our data suggest that the Neolithic population that gave rise to the Minoans also migrated into Europe and gave rise to modern European peoples.”
>None of the Minoans carried mitochondrial DNA variations characteristic of African populations.
>Further analysis showed that the Minoans were only distantly related to Egyptian, Libyan, and other North African populations. The Minoan shared the greatest percentage of their mitochondrial DNA variation with European populations, especially those in Northern and Western Europe.
Aryan'd.

No, I know that they where well made. I was just joking about them being better than Roman houses.

>Really advanced for their day
>Really
>Advanced
Have you not been reading through this thread?

You should be a real estate agent, because you just made me want to buy one.

modern day Cretes

>we will never see what Knossos really looked like because some autistic kraut scribbled all over the ruins to make them look "prettier"

I would rather live there than in an insulae.

If you want to buy a round house, you might want to consider a Broch.
>Winding stairs inside the walls
>Several floors
>Room for guards
>Cellar for food/supplies/livestock
>Great seaside views
>Smaller houses for servants/guards and cattle pens outside
It's a great buy inspired by the trendsetters of Pictish Iron Age.

Even comes with free* outside perimeter walls.

*perimeter walls included in price

Even without upkeep, it can stand upright for almost two thousand years. Imagine how long you could make it last with a little paint every now and then.

That's a funny way to spell Mexica

The thing people forget is that the average Roman house was really, really fucking bad. Rome was just rich enough to have rich people, bluntly. They were kinda like Dubai.