How do I force myself to believe in God? I can't handle this nihilism any more lads

How do I force myself to believe in God? I can't handle this nihilism any more lads

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2013/11/05/science/cosmic-census-finds-billions-of-planets-that-could-be-like-earth.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jQOfbObFOCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drink some bleach to dumb yourself down

user, it's not possible to escape from nihilism. Powerman won't help you.

You must go into the belly of the whale and rescue your father.

Get laid.
/thread.

this

>get laid
>start believing in God
>go to hell anyway because benis'd in bagina before marriage

Convert to Catholicism.

>Convert to atheism
user plz.

Hit your head somewhere. It may drop your IQ necessarily low.

everybody's an atheist until they're actually in danger. you'll start praying pretty quick.

you use expressions like 'oh my god' and 'go to hell' yet you don't believe in it when somebody asks you. what a load of shit, you idiots are just thinking too hard about it.

Go to church, even if you're a non-beleiver, finding community with your local folks will definitely help with finding purpise

"Heuheuh low IQ im way smarter than the guy who first theorized the big bang theory, the majority of the team who first sent man to space, the majority of famous English authors, the majority of western inventors, pretty much every single founding father with a few exceptions in the united states.. Yeah im way smarter than those guys thats why I post edgy comments on a message board."

OP: fake it till you make it.

But if your image is any indication, I honestly recommend psychological help, if you're experiencing such profound existential despair.

>getting butthurt about edgy comments on Veeky Forums from atheists

I don't see you crawling out of the woodwork to chastise the local Christians for their relentless shitposting.

fug

Begin with the book of "James" OP, you can find it in the New Testament and is basically a short little book on all of the rules and positions of Christianity shortened down. Also the key isn't to "force" yourself to believe in god - the majority of Christians experience un-explainable religious phenomena during their life times; if you want some really good arguments for the existence of a metaphysical creator there are great essays and books written by Thomas Aquinas, and C.S. Lewis

We are all on the journey to draw closer to the divine, Good luck user :)

This: if Kierkegaard can still experience existential despair, this proves that Christians are not protected from existential despair.

You don't

God isn't something you believe in, but you uphold to please your ancestors and your own family.

If you believe in a god in the modern age you are either stupid or weak-willed. There is literally no other explanation.

>butthurt
No man, im just criticizing them for having a massive hubris. If anything its funny lol.

As for worrying about Christians shitposting on Veeky Forums with "Deus vult!" and silly shit like that I really dont mind. If we look at Veeky Forums's undesirable elements I would prefer dumb Templar reaction images when compared to Trap-posting, succubus summoning, Nod rel gommbunism, and Weeaboo loli bullshit on everyboard.
Hands
Down.

Kill yourself edgy retard

>you dont believe in religion you just do it for your family and ancestors
Where do you get this perspective? Ive never heard any westerner hold this opinion seriously - seems like a position that a post modern secular japanese young person might say.

Yep. Pascals Wager,
"Everyone is terrified of death, the only difference between the Athiest and the Theist - is the theist also holds an ember of hope" - Peter Hitchens

>Every westerners is an atheist and is born in an atheist family
Nope

how the fuck is either of those traits supposed to explain holding that belief?

>HOW DARE YOU INSULT GOD WE WUZ MADE OF CLAY N SHIEET!!

But my community is filled with non-whites

Because you either lack proper reasoning skills or are too afraid to believe in nothing? Pretty self explanatory.

"Weak willed or stupid" ironic - enjoy your unwarranted intellectual arrogance.

>(((psychological help)))

What, so the Jews can diagnose him with """depression""" and pump him full of pills which makes him not want to pump his cum into white wombs and therefore contribute to White Genocide? Nice try Schlomo

What are allegories, retard?

Strange, whenever I have been in a life and death situation I never thought about praying.

>Rolling down a hill in a combine with no brakes
>bottom of the hill is not a big deal
>the fact that the thing bounces and loses steering on every bump is a concern
>trail is curvy as fuck with ruts and bumps everywhere
>they steer from the back wheels so squirmy as fuck
>had no head on it so I thought it was going to fall flat on its face
>they were not designed for that kind of speed in the best of circumstances
>never prayed once

>in car going down freeway with brother driving
>middle of the night going way to fast
>suddenly no traction car is going literally sideways
>focused on relaxing and positioning myself for airbag deployment
>still no praying

That being said, I really wished I could believe. I hate knowing that everyone I care about will just cease someday. I have tried but the bible just doesn't do it for me. When I lost my childhood blind faith I went into several months of the deepest depression I have ever experienced. I am fine now but only because I bottled it up and forceyself to focus on other things.

>w-we promise its not literal, everything is just a figurative!
>so the bible hasn't technically been disproven, r-right?

this is my favorite meme from christfags

I must not have been clear in my former comment.
What I meant is that I have never met anyone from the west hold that opinion - It is rare for anyone to pretend to believe in a religion just to make a family member happy at least in my experience (United states). Most people either believe in a religion as a legitimate theological standpoint or are just blatantly atheist full stop.

>the theist also holds an ember of hope
>holds an ember of hope
>ember hope
>hemberope
>herembeop
>Herembe OP

and you enjoy yours friend

Can you explain how that post is at all ironic?

Im sorry you have had that experience but I have to agree with
I volunteered at a elderly home for like a year and its like clockwork - people who are largely secular drift closer and closer to the "Elysian Fields" all of a sudden their fragility comes into focus and many pray deeply and read scripture in the last few days.. Its really sad actually, most people dont have the luxury of having their loved one hold their hand as they pass away. But it seems to really help them knowing that there is some ineffable benevolent creator on the other side of the coming tunnel.

>'oh my god' and 'go to hell' yet you don't believe in it when somebody asks you. what a load of shit

What the fuck are you talking about? You're equating a figure of speech or phrase to belief in an actual deity.

>written over a large span of time by different authors in different places in different genres for different purposes
>it's either all alegory or all literal

Good for one free (You)

Anti-Climacus argues in The Sickness Unto Death that everyone experiences despair, but not the true Christian.

>I can't handle this nihilism
The simple cure to this is to simply grow out of your nihilism phase.
We've all been there.

it really isn't
how do poor reasoning skills result in somebody suddenly believing in god?
how is lack of willpower equivalent to being too afraid to "believe in nothing"? what does that even mean? are you saying atheists don't believe in anything?

I see. So you get to pick and choose exactly what is literal and what is figurative based on what is convenient at the time and happens to not disprove Christianity in any way relative to the current level of scientific progress.

I'm sure people in 500 AD thought exactly the same way as you do.

>dude it's just a phase bro lol
I hate this so much

I come from a Catholic family, and believing and going to Church is pretty Church mandatory

Some eat with their family, some go to Church with them, it's like that.

>how do poor reasoning skills result in somebody suddenly believing in god

They don't result in somebody "suddenly" believing in God. They result in somebody unable to distinguish the fact that believing in a deity in an incredibly illogical stance to take based on what we know at this moment in human history.

>how is lack of willpower equivalent to being too afraid to "believe in nothing"?

Because some people want to feel the comfort of believing that there's something more, especially that there's something that exists after death. It's more comforting to believe that than to just believe there's nothing and everyone here just happens to be an accident created by stardust.

Like I said, it was pretty self-explanatory. The fact you didn't grasp it doesn't come as a surprise to me considering you likely believe in a big sky daddy anyway.

>pretty Church mandatory

I mean : "pretty much mandatory"

> So you get to pick and choose exactly what is literal and what is figurative based on what is convenient at the time and happens to not disprove Christianity

Uhh no? Theological experts make the most impactful rulings on what is allegory and what is to be taken literally, and at least in the orthodox tradition requires 8 YEARS of historical , linguistic, anthropological, and theological training - the equivalent of a literary med school and even then very few people are actually chosen to become sources for biblical commentary.

People in 500 AD recognized differences between the books. Even Rabbinic commentaries on the Tanakh/OT centuries before didn't lump them all together.

> Holding(CERTAIN KINDS) of metaphysical belief is illogical.
I hate this meme

You mean they "explain" why certain passages are "metaphor" because science has proven beyond doubt that they can't be literal?

>I would prefer a hivemind that agrees with me.

Scum.

>>how is property X equivalent to property Y?
>because some people want Z
who the fuck taught you what an explanation is? they must have had schizophrenia

>They result in somebody unable to distinguish the fact that believing in a deity in an incredibly illogical stance to take based on what we know at this moment in human history.
how is not noticing this supposed fact a result of just having poor reasoning skills?

Yes and they are continually forced to cede that more and more things are non-literal because of the progress of science, lest their religion completely fall apart.

Science is always wrong, and has never proven anything. Who would rely on science for anything that matters?

> Not understanding that a metaphysical entity which in its own testament claims to be external to the laws of hard sciences such as chemistry,physics, and biology - doest make sense when you try to constrain it using hard sciences.

The entire premise of a deity is that it created everything in existence AND the laws that bind those things, why then would be be governed by laws to which it not only created by pre-dates?

I'm pretty sure I explained it clear as day. Maybe you don't understand what some of the words used mean or have poor reasoning skills yourself. There is no "Z" so I imagine you just didn't grasp the concepts very well.

>get called scum for preferring the company of immature Christians to pedophiles, faggots, and literal communists

Huh, this really activates my almonds..

Do you have any logical reason to believe in said deity?

your stupidity is medically impressive at this point
you think that explanation schema would make sense if "Z" got replaced by "X" or "Y"?

Not all deities are creator gods.

If you haven't grasped it at this point then responding to you is a waste of time. You certainly seem to fit into one of the two boxes I mentioned.

>science hasn't proven certain illnesses are curable, and how
>science hasn't proven going to outer space is possible, and how

No, you're getting called scum because you just admitted that you'd prefer Veeky Forums have its community pruned to those that agree with you. There's nothing wrong with homosexuals and communists and the presence of loli-fags has always been vastly overstated here.

>believing in le literal/metaphorical dichotomy meme

>he said, using a product of science

>i am jesus christ the lord
>not illogical

What the fuck does basic survival instinct have to do with religion?

>doesn't know what an explanation is
>doesn't know what logic is
>calls other people stupid

You can be atheist and not be a nihilist though they often overlap

1)Civilizations governed by its "Divine law" operate objectively more efficiently and more reliable than secular societies

>there's nothing wrong with pedophiles, sexual deviants, and members of the most destructive political ideology in human history.
So tolerant

Everything you dont understand is not innately illogical. You dont see brits running around screaming at dentists how illogical their pseudo science is.

>I'm not capable of handling the freedom that modern secular society offers me, so I'd prefer to remove those that disagree with me or live differently than I do.

As I said, scum.

[citation needed for literally everything]

>uses the trinity as an example
>uses a heretical representation of the trinity as an example

Maximum overkek.

>)the extreme rarity of any form of life in space - the 2nd law of thermodynamics "entropy" states that the more complex a system the more likely for dishorder or chaos to propagate, in order for an ideal living environment such as the earth to exist has the same mathematical probability as a tornado to wander through a junk yard - pick up all of the peices of a RV and assemble them randomly before setting it back down on all 4 wheels, another example involves filling the entire state of texas with coins 4 foot deep and having a blind folded man find a specific coin amidst the rest. - this would be evidence of some sort of order or divergence from entropy concerning our planet.

m8 i don't think you know how big space is

nytimes.com/2013/11/05/science/cosmic-census-finds-billions-of-planets-that-could-be-like-earth.html

>Astronomers reported that there could be as many as 40 billion habitable Earth-size planets in the galaxy, based on a new analysis of data from NASA’s Kepler spacecraft

>One out of every five sunlike stars in the galaxy has a planet the size of Earth circling it in the Goldilocks zone where surface temperatures should be compatible with liquid water, according to a herculean three-year calculation based on data from the Kepler spacecraft

At even half those numbers that's 20 billion earth-like planets in our galaxy, there are 200 billion other galaxies in the known universe (apparently that number is at something like 2 trillion now).

Life very likely isn't as rare as you think it is just by sheer volume of numbers.

>"Remove those who disagree"
Im not speaking about people not agreeing about which football team is better, which gun brand is best, or anything else like that.
But when it comes to people fantasizing about having sex with children, encouraging dangerous sexual acts, salivating over bestiality or encouraging communism (a politically ideology which has killed 100 million people in less than a century).

These people should not only be removed from Veeky Forums but should be psychologically evaluated by professionals or imprisoned if there is a legitimate risk of them acting out there debased fantasies.

Fuck diversity and "Muh freedumbs of opinion" when it comes to criminals and people who could pose a significant risk to law abiding citizens.

>heretical
{citation needed}

I was expecting the rabbit to get snipped or pounced in by a wolf.

JUST TAKE A LEAP BRO LMAO

>high fives as helicopter idles in the distance

>it's a newfags complain about anime and loli episode

>But when it comes to people fantasizing about having sex with children,

As I said, vastly overstated in Veeky Forums demographics, and let them fantasize about what they want as long as they aren't making it a reality.

>encouraging dangerous sexual acts,

There's nothing dangerous about anal sex if you do it properly.

>salivating over bestiality

Healthy adults can distinguish between fantasy and reality.

>encouraging communism (a politically ideology which has killed 100 million people in less than a century).

Actually, several leaders killed those people. A political ideology can't do any such thing and killing millions is not part of the ideological tenets of any form of communism, not even Leninism.

>These people should not only be removed from Veeky Forums but should be psychologically evaluated by professionals or imprisoned if there is a legitimate risk of them acting out there debased fantasies.

You do realize that if we played by your standards, you'd be a prime target for such an action by the fact you're fantasizing about doing it to your fellow citizens?

>Fuck diversity and "Muh freedumbs of opinion" when it comes to criminals and people who could pose a significant risk to law abiding citizens.

Prove it.

>people hope for circumstance to save them when the shit hits the fan

You don't fucking say?

Weird. When my grandmother was dying, she steadily lost her faith in god through the process.

Just do something with your life. Do something selflessly, that makes this shithole of a world a slightly better place. Dont do it for the praise of others, just do something, no matter how small, to make you proud of yourself.

Whatever you do don't listen to people like >We are all on the journey to draw closer to the divine, Good luck user :)

Fucking weird cultist shit. They're so brainwashed and deluded that they've become stuck in a sphere of ignorance.

You've escaped the sphere, so there's no point trying to get back in because you can't.

Accept the absurdity of life, and enjoy the time that you have. Life is too short and precious for it to be spent on bad ideas like Christianity, or religion. Read philosophy; Socrates, Aristotle, John Stuart Mill, or even Albert Camus will be 10x more helpful than Jesus or Muhammad ever could be.

youtube.com/watch?v=jQOfbObFOCw

THIS WILL HELP.

Seriously, check out the channel, it helped me!

Look at the complexity and perfection of the Universe

Start praying on a daily basis to God to make you believe in him. Literally worked for me.

>Get rid of ideologies that cause the deaths of fuckloads of people.

You're lost in your own irony.

Once you repeat a lie enough, it becomes true [but only if you're weak minded].

>Stalin's death toll from famine in a three-year period: 5-10 million
>Pinochet's death toll from extra-judicial killings, torture, and helicopter rides in a thirty-year period: 3,000
I SEE NO DIFFERENCE

Honestly, what Camus says can be extrapolated from most decent philosophers of the past, except he expressed it literally.

Prayers are not statements, so it's not lying.

Indeed, they're both murderous autocrats.

Also, seriously, you're using a famine for your case? Why not use the actual people he killed for political reasons?

Chile isn't a frozen shit-hole that had ready access to international markets.

>Chile isn't a frozen shit hole and had ready access to international markets.

back at you bro.
have been on Veeky Forums starting /k/ for 4 years so no. I just dont like objectively evil actions and believe those who encourage or fantasize about those actions should either be watched carefully to ensure they do not harm innocents or physically removed.
>"healthy" adults can fantasize about pedophillia and beastiality if they want to user! you bigot!
And no I would not be any target of any repercussion, i do not approve nor encourage any of the aforementioned opinions.
Also
> nod reel gobunism
is not a legitimate political argument.
Dont even have to reply because BTFO'd so brutally by

> starting /k/ for 4 years so no

Yes. You came here in 2013 you are an incredibly large newfag.