Cavalier or Roundhead?

Cavalier or Roundhead?

Orangeist

Jacobite.

It fills me with immense gratification whenever I see my ancestor in a woodcutting standing in attendance at the beheading of Charles I.

Royalist 100%, Charles I did nothing wrong

except be hilariously inept at diplomacy

I'm a Cavalier unfortunately.
The parliamentarians were justifiably upset and had a lot of compelling arguments, but there was no legal justification for pretty much much anything that they did. They rebelled because Charles was acting like a tyrant, but parliament was more tyrannical than Charles could ever hope to be.

He was based, parliamentarians should have been rounded up and shot

One generally has to be competent in order to be in a position to round up and shoot people
Charles I was not.

cavalier

I'm working class so Roundheads. Death to the Nobs!

Parliamentarian ofc

Cavalier.

I have a live and let live attitude to life. These roundheads are micromanaging nosey puritan busybodies. You see their descendants today, trying to manage our lives, "for our own good".

>when you support the concept of republic, but you can't but vote Tory out of principle

Are you thick? The King wants to rule by absolute fiat, how's that for "live and let live"?

A benign autocrarch is far better than a theocratic tyranny that believes it has the support of the masses.

For the King!

The working poor have no party in Britain, NuLab and OldCon are the same shit with different coloured ties.

'The generality of the people... who were then called puritans, precisians, religious persons', Baxter wrote, those 'that used to talk of God, and heaven, and scripture, and holiness... adhered to the Parliament. And on the other side... [those] that were not so precise and strict against an oath, or gaming, or plays, or drinking nor troubled themselves so much about the matters of God and the world to come [adhered to the King]'.

There's always the fringe.

Mullah Cromwell and his Puritan Jihadist ISIS-tier edge lords must die in a fire.

Take your pilgrim puritan psycho bullshit and shove it up your fucking ass.

this desu

We're still rootin' for ye charlie!

>using the term "based" unironically
>advocating mass executions
>anti-democratic
Let me guess. Trump is a God-Emperor and everyone who disagrees with him are cucks, right?

>Defending a shitty monarch

Into the rubbish it doth go.

>he thinks parliament was democratic
>he thinks that Charles was the one responsible for immoral executions (who passed the bills of attainder again?)
>he thinks that modern American politics are comparable to 17th century English politics
You need to rethink your life my man