Is technical analysis worth learning?

Is technical analysis worth learning?

sometime it work
sometime it don't

I am being unironic when I say I think it's horseshit. That said, I think learning about general finance and economic theories is very worthwhile.

meaning 'no, it's shit'

Not really unless you get good enough at it to predict everything 51/49. It never hurts to learn a little bit about market trends though.

yeah, but forget your meme candle and head and shoulders setups, these markets are choppy as fuck.
Better to get a market model in your head, something like pic related or Al Brooks price action ideas. Don't pay for anything, get some basics in your head and watch it, a lot.

honestly I trade with my gut and I see about the same accuracy as everyone I know using TA

it seems like bullshit to me

I've never seen any actual statistical evidence that the various magical candle constellations affect anything

>mfw this is a double whimsypop
>gives you 5% fire resistance
>strong bull signal unless the price drops in which case SELL SELL SELL
like yea alright bro..

Some people trade based on TA, so knowing about it might be useful when understanding the market.

Of course real-world stuff always throws it off.

I see. I was drawn to it because black and white scares were simple for me to understand.

Are there any books/guides recommended for a negro who doesn't know anything about trading except that line go up = price rise and line go down = price lowers?

no look at this buy the dip, especially when there's clear support that has been broken and bigger orders coming in. when price drops like now don't buy shitcoins, if you have a bigger coin you can just hold until it corrects in case of a bad trade. the smaller ones may never go to the same spot as before or take months and you don't want to lose money or baghold

it's elaborate tea leaves reading
but since crypto is based on literally nothing, tea leaves is the best you can do

Even if it was 100% accurate, everything is so heavily linked to the price of BTC. You'd have to do TA on whatever coin you're looking at and somehow know how to match that to whatever TA you're doing on BTC as well.

I found that TA rarely helps you in the case of Crypto. It's simply too volatile, what with the manipulation it is being subjected to.

This is the important thing here. You can bet your ass that each and every coin with a market volume of less than 1000 btc is being manipulated. Even the bigger ones aren't safe from organized manipulating.

No, youd be better off just trading off gut feeling. You'd waste less time on TA. It cannot account for too many factors. It is not effective.

TA gives you 60/40 at worst. You just have to follow through on what the indicators give you. Just remember that if BTC jumps or BTC drops then your alt drops and ruins the chart. Also, "self fulfilling prophesy" and "tea leaves" is nonsense cope by noTAers thinking that human psychology on a massive scale is completely random.

>No, youd be better off just trading off gut feeling

But like i said, i don't even know basic economy

My gut feeling is worth shit

Attempting to apply it to crypto is retarded.

Attempting to apply it to traditional works fine, otherwise it wouldn't be a thing.

TA works very well over longer periods of time.
like this user said seeing a reversal or breakout about to happen lets you make better trades. odds are in your favour.
candlestick patterns are a bit meh

All you gotta know is buy at the dip, sell at the tip.
If you see a coin or share moving, anticipiate the pattern.
Some patterns will repeat 99% of the time. Especially after a huge growth, there's a fall and then a rebound.
Buying near the low turning point and selling when it's about to fall again is always good and not terribly hard.

No it's fucking bullshit.

Think of it this way, if it were real and you could make profits based on some random ass arbitrary patterns then someone way smarter than you would have already built a bot that does automatic trading based on those patterns

So even if TA was real, there's no way you could take advantage of it as a human. But it's not real so don't worry about it.

This is the only correct answer. Every time you ask yourself a question like this, you have to extrapolate and project your hypothesis and ask yourself if it still makes sense

Every major bank on the earth is pouring billions of dollars into predictive analysis R&D, if they don't have a surefire way of predicting it, some fucking meme triangles sure as shit won't help you.

But already have bots that do this, they analyze the graphics is adapts alone in less volatile markets, but even so, even in the current market of digital coins bots that graphical analysis can analyze the situation well

No. It doesn't work for traditional investments or crypto. No one ever knows when the top or trough of the market is reached, and no one can do TA consistently.

yes but only very long time frames supported by fundamentals

>But already have bots that do this
>they analyze the graphics
>is adapts
>alone in less volatile markets
>even in the current market of digital coins
>bots that graphical analysis can analyze the situation

some basic TA is good for entry/exit points but ultimately i use my gut.

TA is based on supply and demand, which is real. The issue is that with large sums of money you can't simply buy in at asking price and sell at the highest bid because your principal often far outweighs the supply at market price. So what happens is you buy a bunch, the price shoots up AS YOU'RE BUYING IT meaning you actually end up spending an average much higher than market price. Well, demand hasn't caught up to your purchase, so usually the market will then fall back down to where you first entered or close to it. Now, instead of being able to profit on a simple 1% gain, you need the market to go up 7-8% just to break even. But then another problem: you have so much to sell, there's not going to be enough demand at market bid, which means now you're going to need an even higher price to make up for it. The only way to trade with large sums of money is over a long period of time for this reason. That's why Warren Buffer and the banks like blue chip stocks so much: the low volatility. You can hold long enough to make a profit without risking your lump sum.

That's why banks are working on speculative long term market movements and predictors for those movements. The issue is that, the longer the time frame, the more variables you introduce, and for this reason, it becomes harder and harder to predict. For someone who can buy at market price and sell for the market bid, you can absolutely take advantage of the supply/demand curve and market fluctuations IF risk is properly managed. You'll be wrong sometimes, but you'll be right enough to make up for it.

unrelated but what do you think would be more profitable in a situation where you have a lot of money: Go long on one stock/coin with low volatility, or invest fractions into a multitude of higher-volatility stock/coins, to such a degree that you could continue buying and selling at market price

>not sure of pajeet or chan bot