What about buying bank stock in Canada...

What about buying bank stock in Canada? Seems like they'll go on a run with speculation around interest rate increases in July.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0WN8RP7Bz6Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Trudeau
thetyee.ca/Opinion/2015/04/17/Liberate-Bank-of-Canada/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Canadian bank stocks are for long term hodling. No failures during great depression; none during 2008 recession; good, consistent dividends.

they were fine in 2008 because asians kept buying property

after the housing bubble pops is the time to buy bank stocks

I don't mean the price never drops, just that the banks themselves never fail.

In 2008 I think they actually lost about half of their value, on average.

someone redpill me on the state of the Canadian economy

Here's the best analogous I can find. Imagine the start is 2008 and we are at 8 seconds in

youtu.be/0WN8RP7Bz6Q

Leaf here. Completely and utterly FUCKED.

Trudeau is the federal Kathleen Wynne, the liberal lunatic whose party drove Ontario into the ground inside a decade. They now have the highest sub-sovereign debt in the entire world.

Our housing market is propped up by Chinese buyers (I've seen the evidence, first hand) who use it to launder their money. Trudeau loves China (he actually praised their ability to "get things done" because they're a dictatorship, I'm not making that up) and will probably allow this continue until it explodes in some way.

Trudeau also campaigned, and was elected, upon a platform in which he promised billions of dollars in deficits for "infrastructure". Not only are the deficits 3 times bigger than promised, but the vast majority of the money actually just went to handouts instead.

Trudeau and his party are also full of egotistical fucking douchebags who are falling all over themselves to counter-signal and fight Trump. Since we have a resource economy that depends heavily upon trade with America, that's not promising.

We also have no fucking jobs to begin with and our GDP is only growing because we import 300,000 new people every year. For comparable circumstances, assuming your an Ameribro, imagine taking in 3,000,000 immigrants per year. Yeah.

Short the banks. Short the resource companies. Short greentech. Short the kitchen sink. Short your mom. Short everything.

I can't guarantee profits in the short term but a "correction" is coming.

I bought a ton of BMO when it was down 20-25% in 2008. Yeah, I watched them fall another 25% but by 2010 I was up 30% on my initial investment...and they kept yielding 4-6% the whole time.

>will probably allow this continue until it explodes in some way.

I forgot to add one of the effects of this is our police are now working with Chinese cops to fight gangs in Vancouver. The reason this is happening is Chinese buyers will send their kids over to live in a 1.3 million dollars house, to make sure it's taken care of, while they stay in China to make money.

The kids are then, obviously, much more susceptible to gang recruitment and extortion than an adult would be, providing an easier foothold for said gangs.

Did Trudeau sell ITF to the Chinese? I heard he (or rather his government, I doubt he does much) was considering reopening the deal.

In 2019 there'll be an election and we'll get O'Leary in. It wouldn't surprise me if the loonie recovers just on sentiment because of that, even though I can't see oil recovering anytime soon. How much damage can the Supreme Ski Instructor do in that time?

We're headed for a housing crash, sure, but we're not going to see banks fail because of it. As others have said, Canadian banks have never failed.

leaf reporting in. OP, DO NOT DO THIS. CAD banks are a house of cards.

this

I should maybe add that I left Canada as soon as cuckboy was elected, so I'm just speculating from Texas.

It's kinda hard to tell what's going on given that both of your national papers have apparently been purchased by the real estate industry..

House of cards? Never say never but they're completly backed by the government more so than the American or other banks ever were.

I don't know that he has yet, but, like you said, he's much more lax on that sort of thing.

The leadership race is over. A couple of food lobbies conspired to rig the vote and got a literally-who named Andrew Scheer elected because he wasn't threatening supply-management, unlike Bernier, the candidate a majority of Conservative Canadians actually wanted (between the 2).

We have 2 groups of newspapers in Canada. 1) The National Post. This is a muh principled center paper that prints boomer-con articles intertwined with shit from the Washington Post and so on. 2) Everything else. These are uniformly leftist and they're almost all partisan rags.

And I'm not even a Conservative or a Lolbertarian or anything like that. It's just that the landscape here is so despicable.

they're stocks may not go to zero but they can still loose 75% in the event of a housing market correction.

But as long as that hot Chinese money keeps on pouring in, it should be fine.

The question for Canadian banks is, when will the Chinese ultimately devalue their currency? or will their economy go off the rails if they don't having the same inverse effect.

He's just such a faggot he deserves to lose on that alone. Never mind his retarded knee jerk "stand up to le Trump" and admiration for communist dictators, I just can't get past his Tumblr levels of faggotry.

>"stand up to le Trump"

literally never did this dumb /pol/ack

As a little-known Canadian pundit remarked, Trudeau was installed as the leader of the party and everyone waited around until he was anointed Prime Minister of Canada. Scheer can't beat a guy like this. People are just too stupid to think logically about elections in Canada. Unless the country crashes and burns in the next 2.5 years, Trudeau will be reelected.

As a related aside, every party is also committed to importing more left-wing voters. The Cons were in power during the recession and the Liberals (because opposition parties always look for things to bitch about) suggested maybe the level of immigration should be reduced when so many people in the country are already out of work. The Conservatives savaged them in Parliament for this.

There is no party in the country that is against the status quo. We are blasting toward the cliff at break-neck speed and everyone is loving it.

Interesting.

I wanted to immigrate to Canada but I think I might be better off staying in India for now (Brahmin, just so you know I'm white) . Very curious though what you make of pic related? Can you tell me what happened in 1974?

>(Brahmin, just so you know I'm white)

It's all good, man. I don't think immigration should be anywhere near as fast as it is but I don't care what colour you are, only the practices of the place from which you come.

>Can you tell me what happened in 1974?

Oh my sweet summer child.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Trudeau

good luck getting quality advice from stormfront-lite-lite scum

silver tantalum copper renewable energy and fresh water can't go wrong my friend

>Trudeau will be reelected.
This, the golden one can't lose.

>As a related aside, every party is also committed to importing more left-wing voters
This. Back in 2012, in GTA neocons rode it to victory on conservative chinese and indian vote. After neocons pushed the citizenship stripping bill and fucked us over by going all in on oil, their new supporters voted for Trudeau.

Trudeau and neocons are different faces of the same force - corporate interests that need slave labor to drive down costs. Don't think for a second they're not.

Your link wasn't very helpful but I found something interesting!

>In 1974, Canada immediately stopped borrowing from the Bank of Canada, launching the country on a deficit accumulation path that in 2012 saw interest payments to private lenders top $1 trillion.

thetyee.ca/Opinion/2015/04/17/Liberate-Bank-of-Canada/

Why would Canada do that?

You might be able to get some money on the great canadian weedstocks. Not much else though.

Canadian banks won't fail, not a chance. They're still a bad long term investment. Whether it comes from within Canada or a Chinese credit/economic collapse, one way or another the housing market is probably gonna get fucked soon enough, and the banks will take a huge hit. They can't profit off of a million dollar crack-shack market forever.