Catholicbros, I don't know what we're going to do about Francis...

Catholicbros, I don't know what we're going to do about Francis. He seems hell-bent on changing doctrine in his quest to be "merciful." Just when I was starting to get hopeful again, he has one of his officials send that dumb letter to the Maltese bishops.

I guess the best thing to do is trust in God, pray the Rosary, and hope he either has a change of spirit or dies soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIT0O4CZrXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I WARNED YOU ABOUT POPES BRO
I TOLD YOU DAWG

Somebody should assassinate him.

Christians have been ignoring pre-existing doctrine to fit with their own personal biases (often with near zero support from anything other than their own hairy assholes) since at least the time of Paul. What exactly is new about this?

Oh noes, a pope that actually follows Jesus' teachings. What do we do bros? I thought Catholicism was supposed to be about killing Muslims!

Catholics aren't Christian

This.

Christianity perpetuates white genocide it must be purged

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
youtube.com/watch?v=WIT0O4CZrXY

What doctrines has he changed? The catechism is written in such a way to be purposely vague, so that a doctrine might have many interpretations.

If you think he is liberal you probably haven't read many modern theologians

>appoint a magic "man" in a dress to be the infallible interpreter of your magic voodoo cult
>he starts interpreting things in a way you don't like
>WAA Y HE DO DIS???

The difference is that the Church has never given those people its blessing. They can do it if they like, but they're wrong and in danger of Hell, and all their self-justifications won't change that.

>criticizes the pope
>calls himself catholic
>mfw

>papal infallibility
Now fuck off filthy heretic

It's ok, he's the last pope and Catholicism will be destroyed according to the prophecy.

The pope is infallible. Need a good beating to remember or something?

>implying there haven't been shitty popes before

If anything, we've been spoiled in the last 200 years with good ones.

infallibility related to dogma, not personal sin. Maybe do a little bit of studying on your own supposed religion if you are going to be a smart ass about it.

The thing is, no catholic can make such judgements. And if he do, he isn't a catholic anymore.

Yup. Or Catholic prophecy is false prophecy. Either way they lose.

>he isn't a catholic anymore.
oh noes such a bad thing to have happen to oneself

Of course it has. It gets enough supporters to call its own doctrine the proper one, and then calls all other groups heretical. That's how Christianity got started.

>We're not Christians
>We're just a part of Christianity

Okay, Christ lovers.

can I get some redpill theology to convince an atheist?

Why do people always pick on the ex cathedra thing. It's only been invoked twice, and is hard as fuck to do. We'll probably never see it used again.

Well, by that same token, then: would Francis not cease to be pope if he proclaimed contrary to dogma?

>le fool who says in his heart there is no God

>not appointing your own anti-pope

Wait until the new pope arrives
God chose him for a reason, perhaps his offering to the majority but still faced with rejection is the first sign of the second coming

>God punished an emperor for making an earthly temple
>he wouldn't punish the church fathers

No, because Pope is always right.

(Pope said so :^])

The pope is not always the pope
Only when he invokes the power of the Holy Spirit is he infallible, and even the popes of the past who were possessed still did good works

Have you even read the catechism

>people actually believe this shit
How?