Who is your favorite military leader and why Veeky Forums?

Who is your favorite military leader and why Veeky Forums?

-Excellent tactician, master of tanks' operations
-Did so much with so little
-Managed to turn the tide in a front where things had gone bad from the beginning
-Ignored the Commando Order
-His final was tragic

My nigga

*blocks your path*

this

>Ballsy as fuck (crossing of the Adriatic)
>Went where no other Romans did (Germania, Britain)
>His men worship him fanatically and followed him everywhere
>Took on the entire Roman state and won

The human embodiment of "fortune favors the bold"

Alpha af

>Lost the Axis North Africa
>Had no concept of logistics
>Frequently ignored orders from OKW
>Did not punish his soldiers for committing crimes against Jewish minorities in North Africa
>Buds with Hitler
>Starred in his own propaganda films

>rough-riding attitude
>aggressive
>valued by the Axis more than the Allies
>loud mouth and hated playing politics
>his dash across Europe
>pissing into the Rhine
>reincarnation

>Leave 80% of your supplies behind because you want to attack but don't have the transport to move it
>Complain you don't have enough supplies.

*stabs self and lose a tenth of the legion*

heh nothing personnel kiddo

>In every state but body, I am Rommel
>forgets how logistics works

Pic related for small scale.

Large scale: Konstantin " I invented blitzkrieg and deep battle in the 30's, Bagration" Rokkosovsky

>Saved his country from destruction against 5 other countries
>Unlike most commanders in his time he actually took part of the action
>Would never accept defeat

Winner in war and peace

>"Yes, yes, good show, Rommel, Lawrence... HOWEVER."

>"Go fuck yourself, Hitler..."

Most overrated British commander of all time.

He seriously wasn't very good. He just knew how to be a political general. Plus he was a right prima donna.

Also annoyed Hitler to the point where he claimed he "Would rather have 2-3 teeth pulled" than talk with him again.

A+ pain in the arse.

*blocks your path*

*Blocks your path*

Why was he so perfect?

>Forrest
>Slim
>Dayan
Latter 2 are probably the most underrated on this board because one is an anglo and the other is a jew.

Nice fake quote you got there.

>leave the Philippines to me
>AAAH SAVE ME NAVY

Underrated but based

True, a true Italian.

While Italy switched sides to the Allies, Luigi switched and tried to get as many Italians as killed humanly possible.

Never trust an Italian, even if you're Italian

JUST

Prove it.

Yeah. Prove it. I'm not impressed by a quote on the internet even if it has a date. I've seen many similar pics all without source and not just quotes but weird claims. Anything can look believable.

Unironically Collins.
Call me an Eireboo if you like, but:

-Brought new tactics to the table whoich were effective against one of the major world powers
-Mobilised a nation of people toward a cause, despite some of that nation of people being vehemently opposed to him
-Not only a military leader, but also a well respected and revered statesman, economist and cultural figure
-Managed to, through one (arguably two if we count the civil war) war essentially birth a nation which even a few decades before never could have hoped to exist
-Defied the British Empire (no anti-anglo here, more speaking in terms of the scale of the combatants)
-Whilst fighting a war, he laid plans for cultural, industrial and economic revival and security of the nation he was fighting to create
-Despite being assassinated, his plans were in depth enough and effective enough that future leaders used them to lay the foundations for Ireland

The fact Ireland fucking exists never ceases to astound me. No idea how it happened. GG bogshits

feels incomplete in not dominating the entirety of the British Isles, you know?

it's like a single tile on a bathroom floor pattern being out of place

I disagree, he was never a conquerer. He didn't even want a hostile future with the anglos.

He wanted them out of Ireland because he believed that Ireland as a nation had been erased and wanted to change that. He rebelled and won, but maintained that he wanted close economic ties with the British. Many British leaders have-some bitterly-admired the man.

He had 0 ambition to own a single ounce of clay other than that of what he believed his own people had the right to claim their own.

Anglo here. I believe Ireland should be a part of the UK, but have the utmost respect for Collins. De Valera can rot in hell for all I care, though.

Who dat

De Valera is a faggot. His ONE good point was that he successfully made the case for Ireland's justified neutrality in WW2.

I unironically believe that Collins himself in another life may have another union between England and Ireland provided Ireland were given appropriate self-governance and control.
His issue was with his people being ruled by people overseas who had proven time and time again to not care for them particularly, but he was far from the typical anglo-hating rebel.

He was one of the incredibly rare practical rebels who recognised that countries need more than to win a war of independence to actually be worth being independent.

Slim and dayan are goat

>Never trust an Italian, even if you're Italian

>Greece
Holy shit

lol

Italy's actually pretty dead on.

>Greece

>acquire horse-drawn artillery battalion
>begin inexplicably requesting massive amounts of fuel
>general finds out he made the battalion self-propelled guns using random scraps laying in the French countryside because he was really fucking bored
>continues feverishly making everything near him more efficient at killing for another year
>eventually given a personal workshop, access to the entire captured French arsenal and industry, and ordered to have fun
>after he has enough fun he's put in charge of an assault gun battery that he built himself
>serves in Normandy
>officers keep complaining that he doesn't give orders, he just keeps making their assault guns better

>Poland
>Most Trustworthy: Germany
>Least trustworthy: Germany

Fucked stupid.

>Some of his stuff was sent to Rommel. It impressed Rommel and became friends with Becker. Rommel presented Becker and his work to Hitler and Hitler ordered him to create two divisions worth of these armoured units.

He did it.

*Blocks your path*

defeat France i 2 months, sent the Fuhrer to fuck off

top fucking kek

>Greece
God.

Scipio Africanus.

A true roman gentleman and brilliant strategist and Tactician.

*Razes your countryside*

- destroyed ravaging Afghanis and Uzbeks
- stomped the Turks
- turned the Iranian Army from a group of Shia Zealots to one of the strongest Armies of the World

>Manstein will never slap my vatnik flank and call me Bolshevik trash

Kill me in my sleep, comrades

To kek mate

Sherman was an inspired genius maniac who truly understood what it meant to wage a war on an industrial and cultural scale.

His rage is still felt across postbellum south to this day.

I still enjoy hearing buttravaged southerners complain about his "atrocities".

Death to traitors, in my opinion.

How could he be so based?

A true classic.

But unlike you British pussies we didn't wimp out and concede to rebel demands.

We knew what it took to win, and if that meant breaking the minds, bodies and souls of separatists we would do it.

We did what you never could.

Stuck a nerve?

>Still not knowing the French won that war for you, and Britain only stopped to prevent an escalation between actual world powers and not because of some pissed off landowners who started an irresponsible war against the French decades prior and refused to pay for it like reasonable adults.

You weren't asking us to pay your debts for the french Indian conflicts. The wealth and productivity you extracted were going to fuel your ongoing wars elsewhere. You held a monopoly over our trade and prevented westward expansion. You also treated us as subjects rather than citizens. You afforded us no place in your legislature despite taxing the shit out of us and nickle and diming us for every. fucking. thing. You also forbade us to have our own forms of government despite being almost half the world away.

We engaged in diplomatic envoy several times and said we would remain a part of the english crown if you simply acknowledged us.

But no... we don't negotiate with terrorists, do we?

That is of course, until the french get involved, of course.

And for the record, the french didn't officially support us until we could prove to them that we were capable of fighting and winning critical battles, which we did.

And to be completely honest, you should be thanking your buddies across the pond, because their involvement with the North American war caused a fiscal crisis which essentially took nearly half a century for France to recover from, giving you the edge.

No love for Boudicca?

>blocks your path

lmao. you honestly believe that?

the founding fathers were neck-deep in illegal smuggling, indian land speculation, debt to british bankers and investors across the atlantic,..

take your patriotic glasses off m8

nudes

This is Boudicca (Japanese)

She was fucking useless, user.

enver pasha best pasha

*teleports behind your flank*

Pssh nothin personell monty

>razes multiple cities to the ground
>kills countless defenceless and innocent Romans
>defeated by a force she out numbered more than 10 to 1.

Useless.

I never knew someone could be so disillusioned. The Americans were basically paying no tax already when the tea act was introduced. You left US we didn't leave you.

>A true roman gentleman
he was a long haired philhellene

>we

Sorry Jose your ancestors didn't do shit

Restore the monarchy

I made my descision entirly based on his hat. Also a pretty good leader.

Здpaвcтвyйтe

enver hoxha best enver

I wonder who decided when the battle ended, since on the last day the Americans succeeded and implicitly won.

LMAO

>oversaw largest defeat in US history
>oversaw longest retreat in US history

if it were one or the other I'd be willing to accept bad luck as an excuse, but...

Suvorov had never lost a battle.

Nothing that amazing considering he dodged Napoleon and Crimean war.

Dodged? He was kinda cool, but he wasn't MacLeod. Death is not excuse for you, mate?

faggot

>fights the Aragonese
>fights the Grenadans
>fights the Castilians
>fights various taifas and cities
>fights the Almoravids
>rules Valencia fairly, not discriminating based on which version of God people worship
>his corpse is enough to scare the enemy into retreat
>pioneered psychological warfare

>When you BTFO the Japanese in Burma while receiving very little support from home

I don't think I like war, so I'm not sure I can say I like a particular war leader.

Gee thanks for the contribution you overwhelming faggot. Now get off this instant communication system which was designed to fight the Soviets.