When did Yahweh stop talking to the jews and why?

When did Yahweh stop talking to the jews and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bhagavad_Gita
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They didn't accept Muhammad (saws) as the true messiah

Jesus is still the messiah in islam

Why would he need to? Jesus did what he needed to, and now you can be saved through him.

no he's a prophet

But at what point between the old testament and the new did Yahweh stopped directly communicating with humans?

The point when scholarly history and modern science become a thing

No he is, he's just not the Son

Prophethood has some pretty strict requirements and involves learning of esoteric knowledge. It died out.

John 14:6 - Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Maybe Son is to Jesus as Seal is to Muhammad?

Why did Jesus stop talking to His followers?

Mohammed is a false prophet and a tool of satan that leads people off the path of righteousness.

Islam is nothing more than a religion for sexually deviant brutes (with homosexual tendencies) that spread their faith not by theological arguments, but by the sword.

When the last apostle died

he was nailed to a cross

The answer from the christian perspective is that people stopped listening

Cathocucks spread their faith by theological arguments, whereupon disagreeing with them you find yourself burning at the stake

I imagine it had something to do with them murdering his son.

You know, some people believe that God speaks directly to humans even today. DID he stop? Or did Western civilization just start calling everyone who claimed to hear him crazy?

It has been taught: On that day R. Eliezer brought forward every imaginable argument, but they did not accept them. Said he to them: 'If the halachah agrees with me, let this carob-tree prove it!' Thereupon the carob-tree was torn a hundred cubits out of its place - others affirm, four hundred cubits. 'No proof can be brought from a carob-tree,' they retorted. Again he said to them: 'If the halachah agrees with me, let the stream of water prove it!' Whereupon the stream of water flowed backwards - 'No proof can be brought from a stream of water,' they rejoined. Again he urged: 'If the halachah agrees with me, let the walls of the schoolhouse prove it,' whereupon the walls inclined to fall. But R. Joshua rebuked them, saying: 'When scholars are engaged in a halachic dispute, what have ye to interfere?' Hence they did not fall, in honour of R. Joshua, nor did they resume the upright, in honour of R. Eliezer; and they are still standing thus inclined. Again he said to them: 'If the halachah agrees with me, let it be proved from Heaven!' Whereupon a Heavenly Voice cried out: 'Why do ye dispute with R. Eliezer, seeing that in all matters the halachah agrees with him!' But R. Joshua arose and exclaimed: 'It is not in heaven.' What did he mean by this? - Said R. Jeremiah: That the Torah had already been given at Mount Sinai; we pay no attention to a Heavenly Voice, because Thou hast long since written in the Torah at Mount Sinai, After the majority must one incline.

R. Nathan met Elijah and asked him: What did the Holy One, Blessed be He, do in that hour? - He laughed [with joy], he replied, saying, 'My sons have defeated Me, My sons have defeated Me.'

When the angels said: “O Mary! Allah gives you the good news of a Word from Him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, who is illustrious in this world and the hereafter, and who is one of those brought near [to Allah]. (3.45)

BUtting into your discussion, but I'm unclear as to what Islam thinks the status of 'Messiah' actually means. It doesn't seem to fit with either the Jewish or the Christian conception of things, given what I admittedly shakily understand the Islamic position on Jesus to be.

>During the message of the Gita, Krishna proclaims that he is an Avatar, or a Bhagavat, an appearance of the all-embracing God. To help Arjuna believe this, he reveals to him his divine form which is described as timeless and leaves Arjuna shaking with awe and fear.
en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bhagavad_Gita

>muh burning at the stake
This was a very rare thing to happen, goy. The modern media over exaggerates it, similarly to the infamous 'le evil Christian witch trials' where only 25 people died over a period of 300 years.

I feel like most Muslims just don't think all that hard about the differences between Christianity. They deny arguably the two central tenets of the religion, then they wonder why Christians get upset when they try to say "We're all the same!"

*differences between Christianity and Islam

if your read the bible then you will surely know when God Stop Giving miracles and talking to his prophets,

islam is just the opposite of catholicism, and they're not even close to Christianity

There's nothing in the Bible that says it stopped. There are miracles even today.

yeah, the miracle that your autism has gone undiagnosed to this day

Jesus is going to return to smite all the infidels the same way he does in Revelation, just without the divine aspect. In doing this, he will be the savior (lowercase s) of the faithful.

Oh, ye of little faith.

on the catholics yes, they claim it to be, but it is written there will be no more signs other than the crucificixion of Jesus Christ, rising from the dead and the bodily ascending of Christ from earth to heaven. I forgot what verse is that but I've remembered it.

also
is not me user

When they occupied Palestine without his permission.

When they refused to listen to Jesus.

One of my biggests fears is that i become jewish and that i would need to do a circumcision, otherwise i love their religion, i would love to become jewish.

>They deny arguably the two central tenets of the religion
Which are?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, (1)that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever (2)believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Son of god and original sin doctrine, I assume

They claim he's only a prophet and that he didn't die for humanity's sins (hence never really fulfilling the old covenant and creating his own). It's basically a huge ablation of christian beliefs.

How can you like the cult of Judaism when there is literally nothing worth liking in that cult (do not say: Judasim is a religion, and not a cult. 'Religion' is merely a venerable prejorative appelation which is put in our language to describe a cult which has stuck.)

Well, i'm an atheist, but i always liked jewish stories, even if i knew they were myth.

I also like the community aspect of it, i've seen jewish people really stick together to their own.

The 'Messiah' status is simply the relation to the end of times. Muslims believe that Jesus is a Prophet AND the Messiah. In that, he shall return to the world whenever Allah wills him to.

>that He gave His only begotten Son
>Son of god and original sin doctrine, I assume
>They claim he's only a prophet and that he didn't die for humanity's sins

I think its a matter of perspective, beliefs change depending on who you ask, obviously, they having a different background they would believe diferently, jesus is not the son of god to many people, only to christians thats so, so i dont think that delegitimizes their religion by rejecting yours.

Also, religion is a matter of opinion, or so i believe.

>Jesus is not the son of god to many people

I pray for their salvation, however, let em enjoy hell :)

I'm sure there are plenty of hells for you too.

What kind of shitty miracle is that?

If mohamedans believe that Jesus is not the son of God, who do they think is Big J's father?

Because the jews started taking their physc meds.

>Let em enjoy hell :)
Why would you do that? Now I'm going to have to spend hell with a faggot like you.

They don't think Jesus has a father. They hold his fatherless birth to be a miracle of God.

Joseph?

No.

Why not? Is there proof that it was a fatherless birth?

Or conception w/e

There is no proof of a fatherless birth, but the question was what do Muslims think Jesus' father was. The answer is that they don't believe he has a father.

Im not very well versed in muslim studies but i think they do believe he is the son of god, and that his message got corrupted in the bible and that they got it right in the koran.

Im probably wrong though.

>Im not very well versed in muslim studies but i think they do believe he is the son of god, and that his message got corrupted in the bible and that they got it right in the koran.
>Im probably wrong though.
You are.

The Incarnation and the Resurrection, the two most important points of Christianity.

Muslims deny that Christ is God, and so they deny that God became man, "the Word made flesh." Meanwhile they deny that Christ truly died and truly rose from the dead. Those are pretty much the big truths of Christianity.

Muhammad is not considered a "messiah" even by Muslims.

I am well versed in muslim studies? Really? I wasnt sure but thank you for saying so!

>Muslims deny that Christ is God
There are christians that dont consider christ to be god, you might not call them christians but they sure consider themselves so!

The end of the book of Malachi.

Pls elaborate

Quran 112:1-4
>Say “He is God, the One. God, the Eternal Refuge. He begets not, nor was He begotten. And there is none comparable to Him.”

Quran 4:171
>O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth.

Quran 5:17
>In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary.

Quran 5:72
>They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode.

Quran 5:116
>Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart . . ."

Quran 9:31
>They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).

I am beaten. Congratulations.

>I also like the community aspect of it, i've seen jewish people really stick together to their own

Judaism is a religion AND an ethnicity.
If you think that by converting you will get the same privileges as a jewish person, you are dead wrong.

If you're sufficiently familiar with all the Abrahamic faiths it becomes clear that the person who wrote the Quran had a fairly limited understanding of mainstream Christianity.

At various points it's implied that Christians worship Mary and consider her to be a part of the Trinity.

When the bicameral mind broke down

>I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm going to post and nobody can stop me.
Pssst. Read the book of Ruth.

>At various points it's implied that Christians worship Mary and consider her to be a part of the Trinity.
Gee, where could they have gotten that idea