Let's discuss Jewish culture and history

Let's discuss Jewish culture and history

What are your thoughts on the Jewish beliefs in the Messiah and the prophecies that are supposed to be fulfilled by him?

Here's some good channels/resources:

jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

youtube.com/user/ToviaSinger1/videos

youtube.com/user/JewishMedia/videos

sefaria.org/

chabad.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m8EuXPszi3o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshe_Dayan
youtu.be/nccgvYFOw7k
youtu.be/fSDytNu73Hg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> a bunch of tribals fuck over anybody and everybody who isn't them
> get murdered en masse and kicked out of every nation they inhabit for 3,000 years
> can't for the life of them figure out why

Happy upcoming Passover to all our identifying jews.

I don't think the Messiah is a reasonable expectation anymore. He has to be of the Davidic line and he will restore the Davidic line to ruling class. And that line doesn't really exist anymore.

So it's a non-starter.

>We know that the Jews were prohibited from investigating the future. The Torah and the prayers instruct them in remembrance, however. This stripped the future of its magic, to which all those succumb who turn to the soothsayers for enlightenment. This did not imply, however, that for the Jews the future turned into homogeneous empty time. For every second of time was the strait gate through which the Messiah might enter.

Jews are just followers of a religion created by some ancient semitic tribes that copied Zoroastrianism and wrote a Epic Poem called the Torah.

Happy Passover

True that proof of anyone being of the Davidic line is basically forgotten since the medieval times, which is why many Jews believe the Messiah is supposed to be revealed by G-d himself miraculously.

There's also a tradition that a person that is capable of becoming the Messiah exists in every generation, the latest one to have appeared to have the potential was the Rebbe but he always shot down any speculation of him being it

What proof is there of Zoroastrianism predating ancient Israelite religion?

Jesus is the Messiah

youtu.be/m8EuXPszi3o

Cool quote, where's it from?

Do modern Jews still interpret the messiah as a military savior of Israel?

If so, how did Moshe Dayan not get a messianic cult around him?

Pic related.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshe_Dayan

"As commander of the Jerusalem front in the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, chief of staff of the Israel Defense Forces (1953–58) during the 1956 Suez Crisis, but mainly as Defense Minister during the Six-Day War in 1967, he became to the world a fighting symbol of the new state of Israel.[1]"

Walter Benjamin's 'Theses on the Philosophy of History'

Wait, part of it is that a temple will be built in Jerusalem. The temple was built.

Does that mean that the coming of Rome was the Jewish apocypse and it's actually all moot at this point?

The Second Temple was a sort of interim temple:

youtu.be/nccgvYFOw7k

The Messiah is supposed to be a great military leader that defeats all of Israel's enemies, the fact that Moshe Dayan could be seen as doing such is a good point and I am not sure whether people did see him as one being capable of such

It seems unlikely that it would have.

Though it's not true to say modern Judaism is older than Zoroastrianism.

Judaism is a 'natural' religion, it is the belief of a tribe, nobody invented it. Zoroastrianism was invented at a specific time.

>(((Tovia Singer)))
Opinion discarded

>Judaism is a 'natural' religion, it is the belief of a tribe

>Not knowing that the Hebrews were polytheistic pagans in the time of Moses.

Judaism is closer to Shinto and Hinduism, they are tribal traditions later formalized and written down; than to Zoroastrianism and Christianity, religions based on the cult of personality around a founder or group or founders.

Of the designed religions, Judaism is closest in every measurable way to Islam - but there is a better claim that Judaism is the direct progenitor Christianity.

>is closest in every measurable way to Islam

>islam is not based on a cult of personality
lmao

>>islam is not based on a cult of personality
>lmao

Is that what I said?

How much medias can I control if I rip my pee pee off?

>Of the designed religions, Judaism is closest in every measurable way to Islam

Because Islam basically copied Judaism and Christianity.

Judaism itself emerged around 1300BC, and was probably due to cultural exchanges with the Indo-Iranian civilization who were already more inclined towards monotheism.

>Because Islam basically copied Judaism and Christianity.

Yes, it did.

>Judaism itself emerged around 1300BC, and was probably due to cultural exchanges with the Indo-Iranian civilization who were already more inclined towards monotheism.

Probably true. I think it's likely that they were not monotheistic until after Babylon.

He said of the designed religions, it was closest to Islam, indicating Islam is a designed religion.

why does The Jews still doesn't believe Jesus whom they crucified is the Messiah, I mean even the romans saw what happen after the Death of Jesus Christ on the cross right? The clouds getting darker, The temple of david trembling because of the earthquake,

why does still the chosen one, the children of God doesn't believe to their father? who sent them or US, the saviour? does his teachings are not enough to persuade you that He is, What He is.

is there a genuine Jew who could answer this?

>around 800 BC

FTFY

>cultural exchanges with the Indo-Iranian civilization

Which Indo-Iranian civilization had contact with the Levant?

AD 70 best year of my fucking life

youtu.be/fSDytNu73Hg

True. Judaism/Monotheism wasn't completely accepted by the Hebrews in Moses' time.

The first Jewish Temple was built in 832BC.

Hebrew =/ Jewish

thank you, my man