Every $ you spend now is really 4$ spent

Every $ you spend now is really 4$ spent,
considering a conservative 10% p.a. compound interest with an index fund over 20 years.

So think again about that $4 coffee that really costs you $16,
or that $15 fast food order that really is $60.

>Daddy, why are we poor?
>Son, it's because I regularly spent $60 at McDonald's

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S&P_500_Index#Annual_returns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

or you could not be a faggot and make a million dollars off crypto in a summer and buy all the mcdonalds you want kys

False dichotomy.

This guy is dumb

>conservative 10% pa
I kek'd

Although, I can get 20-30%+ returns on every dollar I invest in my business right now. So every dollar I spend today may be worth 10$+ in the future.

Just remember that the stock market will not give you outstanding returns. Take risks on your own and you'll see much greater returns.

Why would I waste my youth saving and denying myself enjoyment when I won't even have the energy to spend all this money when I'm past my 60s?

If you gain more than 10%, the situation is even more critical. Let's your assume your 30% p.a. as fact. That's 1900% over 20 years compounded.

Your $3 cup of coffee is really $570

>10% p.a.
>conservative

lmaaoooooooooooooooooooo

The average annual return for the S&P 500 since its inception in 1928 through 2014 is approximately 10%.

Keep in mind that the S&P 500 included dividends.

Fuck off normie

no it isn't

did you just come back from a property seminar?

Answer my goddamn question

You could save your money for two fucking years and have a fat stack. I'm wasting all my money on chump change fun my whole youth. I'll be wealthy by 30

Fuckoff normie

>I'm wasting all my money on chump change fun my whole youth.

NOT wasting*

typo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S&P_500_Index#Annual_returns

The point is, you should save and invest, not spend your money.
Learn to enjoy the raw numbers. Then you don't need fancy clothes or sports cars.
Learn to derive joy from the numbers alone

Quads of truth

Two years I can do. But 20, 30? Fuck that.

nerd

So maybe spend a little of it on your "fun", but don 't waste it on some journey around the world. Make sure your money keeps growing exponentially though

'so that your children have a better life' is a common reason